Windows 10 Support

• Evan20xx
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by Evan20xx Windows 10 Support was created by Evan20xx
Do we have a discussion on supporting Windows 10 yet? I can't seem to find one sorry if there is.

From what I hear Win10 and ReShade don't play nice since the updated DirectX 11 optimizations it has. Also I tried ReShade+SweetFX on Guild Wars 2 (which is DX9) using Windows 10 and it wouldn't work for me. Maybe I missed something simple.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Evan20xx
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by Evan20xx Replied by Evan20xx on topic Windows 10 Support
I think I pulled a noob and forgot to install updated DirectX Runtimes. At first I didn't think I needed to on Windows 10 but apparently you do indeed have to.

GW2 and BF4 working flawless. I thought the new optimizations to DX11 interfered with ReShade but I guess not.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Windows 10 Support
What DX11 "optimization" does Win10 have compared to Win8?

• Martigen
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Windows 10 Support
DX12 greatly improves the render pipeline in Win 10, but a good 1/3 of this performance boost is in the Windows 10 kernel and WDDM 2.0 to facilitate DX12's requirements. This means, in theory, any DX11 game and lower will also get a small performance boost in Win 10. However, I'm not aware of any API changes so perhaps Evan20xx was referring to this overhaul of the render pipeline.

• Zomgerd
More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by Zomgerd Replied by Zomgerd on topic Windows 10 Support
^Actually I think he was referring to DX 11.3. :P

• klotim
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #6 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Windows 10 Support

Zomgerd wrote: ^Actually I think he was referring to DX 11.3. :P

11.3 and dx 12 is the same if im not wrong.
The only difference is that the 11.3 api is high level while the dx12 is low level api.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by klotim.

• Zomgerd
More
8 years 8 months ago #7 by Zomgerd Replied by Zomgerd on topic Windows 10 Support

klotim wrote:

Zomgerd wrote: ^Actually I think he was referring to DX 11.3. :P

11.3 and dx 12 is the same if im not wrong.
The only difference is that the 11.3 api is high level while the dx12 is low level api.

Well that's probably not the only difference between the two but for the most part yeah, DX11.3 takes enhancements from DX12.

Still though, I'm certain he thought the changes to DX11, specifically with DX11.3, affected ReShade's functionality which it apparently doesn't.

• Evan20xx
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #8 by Evan20xx Replied by Evan20xx on topic Windows 10 Support
You would be correct sir. I just forgot to update my DirectX runtimes.

I wasn't being technical on what the optimizations was. I had just heard there is something new of some sort or something I don't know lol

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Windows 10 Support
11.3 adds some neat features to 11. 12 is a complete new API, so they are very different in that matter =).
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.