• robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #21 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic 1.1
I tried the new version last night on Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition and it worked great! My only problem was when trying to choose an AO method there was no indication which version I was using. There are six different variations to choose from but I never knew which one I was using. Plus there are two separate tabs with AO settings making it even more confusing. I wound up going with the first setting (which I assume is SSAO?). To contrast that I also used DoF which clearly showed which method each number corresponded to. So my problem is not with Reshade but the Mediator interface not giving enough information.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by robgrab.
The topic has been locked.
  • cbbonus
More
8 years 5 months ago #22 by cbbonus Replied by cbbonus on topic 1.1
i will be making a donation, the work you have done here is amazing, and very much appreciated by me. Thanks again!
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 5 months ago #23 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 1.1
It sucks that now AdaptiveSharpen does not work properly in DirectX 11 (the developer says so)...
  • Sh1nRa358
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #24 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic 1.1
@LuciferHawk: I changed the values manually. Can you post your settings for that game that gets rid of the bars? Nothing is happening for me. Or I'm not understanding the terminology or something.

Edit: Nevermind, that was confusing. These are my settings for RE Remake for stretching with captions of what each thing does:

////
//
///**Magnify**/// STRETCHES IMAGE TO GET RID OF BLACK BARS ON SIDES
//
////
#define USE_Magnify 1 //[Magnify] //-

//>Magnify Shader Settings<\\
#define magnifyStartPixelWidth 240 //[undef] //- Left Side of Screen
#define magnifyStartPixelHeight 0 //[undef] //- Top Side of Screen
#define magnifyEndPixelWidth 1680 //[undef] //- Right Side of Screen
#define magnifyEndPixelHeight 1080 //[undef] //- Bottom Side of Screen

Now all details are on screen and 1/4th of the screen isn't hidden by the game's 16:9 panning :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Sh1nRa358.
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 5 months ago #25 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic 1.1
Big time performance increases to Ambient Light both in compiling time and the actual gpu core load. Thanks a lot it's much more usable now. Idk how you did it but it's awesome. B)
  • piltrafus
More
8 years 5 months ago #26 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic 1.1

Constantine PC wrote: Big time performance increases to Ambient Light both in compiling time and the actual gpu core load. Thanks a lot it's much more usable now. Idk how you did it but it's awesome. B)

I absolutely agree. Amazing performance all around. Congrats and thanks for the hard work.
  • Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #27 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic 1.1

robgrab wrote: I tried the new version last night on Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition and it worked great! My only problem was when trying to choose an AO method there was no indication which version I was using. There are six different variations to choose from but I never knew which one I was using. Plus there are two separate tabs with AO settings making it even more confusing. I wound up going with the first setting (which I assume is SSAO?). To contrast that I also used DoF which clearly showed which method each number corresponded to. So my problem is not with Reshade but the Mediator interface not giving enough information.

Mediator picks info data from file. I forgot to add descriptions to the McFX AO section. AO 1 to 6 are same like in ME, just look it up there or copy over the description there.
  • robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #28 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic 1.1
Okay, thanks Marty. Stellar work as usual. Much appreciated.

I edited the McFX.cfg to add the descriptions in myself. :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by robgrab.
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 5 months ago #29 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 1.1
I have not installed any Unreal 4.5/4.8 engine games, like the new Redux version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. ReShade 1.0.0 did not work properly with Unreal 4.5/4.8 engine and would crash during resolution-change if ReShade was enabled. Is that still the case???
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #30 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 1.1

MonarchX wrote: I have not installed any Unreal 4.5/4.8 engine games, like the new Redux version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. ReShade 1.0.0 did not work properly with Unreal 4.5/4.8 engine and would crash during resolution-change if ReShade was enabled. Is that still the case???

I last checked with the most recent Unreal Tournament build and it worked there.
  • Thaerryn
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #31 by Thaerryn Replied by Thaerryn on topic 1.1
Hello
using latest package in Assassin Creed 2 I have Compiling effect...Failed ! if I do the following

#define USE_AMBIENTOCCLUSION 1 in McFX.cfg

it get's the error for AO_method 1 or 2 or 3

Message in game is
ReShade\McFX\ssao.h (987,56): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected 'integral literal', expected ";"
ReShade\McFX\ssao.h (987,56): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected 'integral literal', expected "{"

I hope this can help in fixing it

regards
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Thaerryn.
  • vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 5 months ago #32 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic 1.1
Where is Marty's improved AO? Is it the SAO and are we still waiting for his awesome AO that also has IL?
  • Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #33 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic 1.1
I don't think it's on this release, at least I can't find it either.

One a side note, this is the first time ever I've had issues installing reshade on a game.
For some reason the mediator refuses to allow me to use any preset other than the default one, bruteforcing the default settings (which are tweaked so I know it's forcing them and not the blank settings) onto Fallout 4, even when I have a Fallout 4 preset.

Any help on solving this? The issue goes as follow

>Launch mediator
>Add Fallout 4
>Install reshade
>Add preset
>Rename it to Fallout 4
>Create Preset
>Apply
>Preset has the settings in it's folder
>Fallout 4's reshade settings applied are still the ones from the "default" config, which I enabled black bars and tonemapping on, and which are not on in the Fallout 4 preset, so I know something's wrong here.

Any help? This is driving me crazy, it's 3AM and I've been trying to fix this for about two hours now. I'm probably missing something very simple and stupid, but I can't figure it out.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago #34 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.1
As long as you "update"d your preset after "apply"ing settings to the current/running configuration, this preset should be applied every time you select it in the mediator or you select an app that is linked to the preset.
  • Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #35 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic 1.1
Seems like I am getting an error when applying.
"Loading configuration files failed due to the following error: Value of "1400" is not valid for "Value", "Value" should be between "minimum" and "maximum".

Any thoughts on that?
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #36 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.1
These questions should go to trouble shooting :cheer: but seems you are trying to load an incompatible preset. Specifically this one has a value defined in a configuration file that is exceeding its defined limits which can be set in parenthesis after the value in the configuration file.
E.g.
#define someVariable 1400 //[0-1399] //-this is an example
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.
  • Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #37 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic 1.1
Yeah, I guess I'll just start a thread on the troubleshooting section.
  • polyneutron
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #38 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic 1.1

crosire wrote:

MonarchX wrote: I have not installed any Unreal 4.5/4.8 engine games, like the new Redux version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. ReShade 1.0.0 did not work properly with Unreal 4.5/4.8 engine and would crash during resolution-change if ReShade was enabled. Is that still the case???

I last checked with the most recent Unreal Tournament build and it worked there.

-v. 1.1 is great, but the DOF shader still doesn't work in UT. "Display Depth" shows only black screen, which means that the depth buffer is empty, I suppose. :(

UPD: For some reason first-person weapon seems to be affected by DOF, although the depth buffer visualization is still just a black screen. I guess, I'll have to dig deeper there, because the weapon actually IS blurred.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by polyneutron.
  • Sh1nRa358
More
8 years 5 months ago #39 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic 1.1
Is there a setting that can disable log files? If not, can it be added?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #40 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 1.1

Sh1nRa358 wrote: Is there a setting that can disable log files? If not, can it be added?

Create an empty "d3d9.log"/"dxgi.log"/"opengl32.log" file (depending on the DLL name) and deny all write access to it (right click > Properties > Security).
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.