• dorez`
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #141 by dorez` Replied by dorez` on topic 4.0
I downloaded and removed version 4.02, installed version 4 0.1, and when I started the game, version 4.02 settings again appeared when I tried to configure Reshade, a black screen
To re-write .dll from 4.0.2 with 4.0.1 how to do it and which DLL ???
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by dorez`.
The topic has been locked.
  • v00d00m4n
More
5 years 4 months ago #142 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic 4.0
OH NO!

CROSIRE, i really appreciate your efforts, but can you please stop this "Microsofting" aka REWRITING WHAT WAS WORKING FINE FROM SCRATCH AND BREAKING WHAT WAS NOT BROKEN, LIKE COMPATIBILITY WITH OLDER SHADERS?

This is getting really annoying!

I was one the very 1st testers of eFX, then you broke it and release eFX rewritten from scratch that lacked many features of initial version

Then you broke eFX and rewrote it from Scratch as Reshade, we all had do rewrite shaders because everything was broken.

Then you broken Reshade 1 with Reshade 2, all comfortable stucture of SweetFX was ruined, folders with authors names and disjoined shaders, also an new non human friendly syntax for disfunctional and clunky mediator came in, and everyone had to do everything from scratch again and old goo fx suits has gone...

Then you broke everything again with Reshade 3, left us with limited settings because you did not came up with simple idea to use preprocessor in same settings just with "Reload shader" button next to it to apply it, and many shaders became really crippled by that. But you returned UI that you actually had back in every 1st reshade iteration eFX... before you broke it! And we all had to rewrite shades and a lot of pioneers of community just rage quit it or lost interest because what they worked on for a whole year or two was single handenly broken bu unnecessary and nigligent changes.

Then with every update you kinda broke something here and and there some useful features like precise sliders and their steps and other minor things that was working fine and wasnt broken and did not require fixing... also in general Reshade 3 was less compatible with many games than 2.

And here comes Reshade 4 and guess what? It was rewritten from scratch and broke a lot of things that was not broken before.

There is a basic rule in IT industry that everyone should follow - if aint broken - dont fix it! Why do you always had to rewrite everything from scratch and fix what was not broken? Cant you just keep updating what you already have incrementaly? Or at least if you rewriting, can you mimic everything that was present before and dont forget to bring everything back for 100% compatibility? Or at least make some automation tool that can update old shaders into new format and fix code syntax patterns that was changed between versions, and even integrate it into reshade itself and on first launch scan shaders for compatibility changes and backup old shaders in separate folder and autoupdate them with new syntax!

Also, why in a word you use same repo for reshade 2 and 3 and now 4? We got this problem with 2 with you replaced human friendly shaders with mediator friendly, than we had same issue with 3 when you just replace old 2 shaders with 3, now you did it again with 4... and like all the previous times you just broke old reshade because due of changes in code whenever people will install reshade 3 they will get repo with reshade 4 updated code and some failur may happen! You did not learn from mistae you did many times before.

Every time you do a major changes that breaks some code - start new repository or branch of repo for new version, to keep branches separate and compatible with correspoding version. Also whole practics of removing download links for old reshades that are stable and has compatible shaders is bad, and you keep doing it instead of just adding new version to a list with all the previous releases!

You a great programmer and did a great tool, but when it comes to care for users and shader developers comfortability you dont think one step ahead and keep doing things that gets people expirience with new versions worse and gets people frustrated, this is not how it should be done! People still a little angry at you at how you broke fundamental things with 3 and never fixed most of them... And the most major overhaul of 3 flaws happened after my previous angry rant about things you did wrong, before it you did not even realise obvious flaws of 3, but then again back than even problem with lack of relative default pathes was not fixed, and preprocessor suggestion was not taken into account... glaldy we now return to relative pathes in 4, some ui changes was for good, but rewriting was no really nessary and some fundamental flaws like lack of per shader preprocessor settings with recompile shader next to it, was not fixed, like bunch of other problems... and now we have even more problems and again need to update shaders because you removed some usefull syntax support instead of keeping or wrapping it to a new syntax for sake of compatibility... this is why you see my angry rant again.

How about next time, before you decide to rewrite everything from sratch, you will write an annoucment of you plans, explain why you think its good idea and how you gonna do it, listen to what people said, or even better - before fixing what was not broken - start a thread of suggestions of what people want to see, what they like what they dont like, and prioritize next updates and overhauls based on most common needs and suggestion of people, instead of decising it for yourself?

While you creator of Reshade, its only a half of what makes its great - the other part is pack of shaders made by community, so Reshade is not completely yours anymore, its a symbiosis of yours and ours, and you cant just decide for all of us "im going to change syntax and break all of your shaders you spent years on!", you have to ask us, and 100% compatibility should be you number priority no matter what you do, and you have care for users and shader creators and consult with us before making any radical changes.

While i apreciate reasoning behind your urge to rewrite everything to make something better, you always keep forgeting about some important stuff and keep making something worse in process which is hard to apreciate... :S
  • OtisInf
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #143 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 4.0
@v00d00m4n: v4 wasn't rewritten from scratch, like v3 wasn't rewritten from scratch, things were updated.

That said, please consider this is an OSS effort and your long rant basically tells the OSS maintainer to go fuck themselves. It's not easy to migrate to new versions and avoid frustration, but that's life. I don't like v4's UI as well, but that doesn't mean I think a rant like yours is justified. Maintaining an OSS project is tough, you invest a lot of free time in stuff that will always generate new bug reports, feature requests, 'how-do-I' requests from users and rants from people who would have liked it moved in a different direction.

Rants like the one you posted definitely don't help. Please consider the project is maintained by a person doing that in his free time (mostly). Asking someone to spend their free time on something you want isn't fun, it's work, but thing is: you're not their manager and they're not your employee.

Haven't I felt frustration when v4 came out and e.g. 'drag' was now a 'slider'? Sure. But I also know what telling the maintainer 'WTF were you thinking!?' does, as I maintain a lot of OSS myself. I tried to avoid a rant as I know it isn't something you should do, we're talking about free stuff someone made for themselves and shared online and we all can use it for free.

And you're going to rant about how that's suddenly not doing what you want? I don't want to see what you say when you're using commercial software! ;) :P

OSS has a great feature: you can simply change it and make it do what you want yourself and supply the changes back, if you want to. That's far more productive than ranting. So if you want to have it move to a different direction: step in, write the feature and submit a PR.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OtisInf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, conan2k, Ryukou36, Viper_Joe, AssassinsDecree, 8qX6a6mQhWSUBycMHgr7wgXCoTATys, Masterfireheart
  • amoebae
More
5 years 4 months ago #144 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic 4.0
Yeah, I think as an end user and preset author who spends a lot of time helping other end users with ReShade, I certainly feel a lot of that same frustration when such huge changes happen between versions, particularly when it's not very easy to keep track of older compatible shaders (although Otis' advice on that front was extremely helpful).

But ultimately it's not productive to rant about it. Better to start a thoughtful conversation with suggestions about how it might be made more user and shader-author friendly in the future, and get a discussion going. That's going to better benefit the whole ReShade project in the long run, especially if some kind of regular dialogue and thread for discussions about this can be started.

I definitely see the benefit of having users, shader authors, preset authors, and crosaire all having input. End users have different requirements to shader authors, preset authors generally tend to straddle a murky limbo somewhere between the two, and all will have valuable input to bring in terms of how reshade can be as efficient and user-friendly as possible, from the gui to installation and shader archiving to implementation.
  • 8qX6a6mQhWSUBycMHgr7wgXCoTATys
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #145 by 8qX6a6mQhWSUBycMHgr7wgXCoTATys Replied by 8qX6a6mQhWSUBycMHgr7wgXCoTATys on topic 4.0
@v00d00m4n
this was really uncalled for. Next time be more concise. I understand a few of your points like being able to re-download older versions but we're not in a position to demand anything.

thanks @crosire for another great release.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by 8qX6a6mQhWSUBycMHgr7wgXCoTATys.
  • Martigen
More
5 years 4 months ago #146 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 4.0

v00d00m4n wrote: OH NO!
There is a basic rule in IT industry that everyone should follow - if aint broken - dont fix it!

Eh, no. If that were true, we'd all still be using Windows 3.1.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way Reshade has progressed -- it's improved massively with each new release, and I -love- 4.0! The interface is slick, the compiling is lightning fast, the new features like in-built editor, enhanced stats tab, and oh lordy massively improved depth buffer detection are nothing short of amazing. And lets not forget some of the changes Crosire made were to be able to add Vulkan/DX12 support at a later date. Or, do you not want to use Reshade in a year's time with all the latest games v00d00m4n?

Every software project has teething problems with each new release, and Crosire has been incredibly responsive updating 4.0 to 4.01 and 4.02. There may still be a few issues, and the way to handle this is to provide a clear description of the problem with repeatable steps and if needed the logs so that Crosire can look at it -- this is how you help improve the product.

This is free software Crosire does on his own time. How about giving him some appreciation for all the hard work? For me, personally, it's revolutionised how I play games. I use it with every single one on my machine. And I can't thank Crosire enough for this amazing tool -- and, yes, all you shader developers too -- I love you all. I really appreciate the time spent coding and improving shaders to make our games look amazing. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, conan2k, Ryukou36, Viper_Joe
  • Marty McFly
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #147 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic 4.0
Shaders are being updated, configs are backwards compatible to ReShade 3,so I don't see the problem.
Updating shaders if they are broken is a 5 minute task, really, so that shouldn't hamper ReShade development. I basically developed since ReShade 1 and never felt disturbed or annoyed by the updates and necessary changes I had to perform.

Sure, some UI changes happened but the unprecise sliders problem already solved itself - drag now does what it did, crosire only changed most sliders in shaders to "slider". The UI can be un-docked so you can use it like before - I do that for example so besides the new stuff you'd see no difference between me using 3 and 4.

The jump from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3 were necessary. No one could be bothered to edit the huge files in 1 or use the mediator in 2. It's very good as it is now.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, Viper_Joe, AssassinsDecree, Masterfireheart
  • TheHunter
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #148 by TheHunter Replied by TheHunter on topic 4.0
I have a few issues

Hunt Showdown says no 3d11 card supported and closes, so I guess it doesn't like it? it pinpoints to that dxgi.dll

Doom3 also crashes, I have sikkmod, but I also tried vanilla, and same thing.

Warning: Spoiler!

Any workarounds?
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by TheHunter.
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #149 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.0
d3d11.dll might be another way to get it to load unless the game uses features that aren't fully supported in ReShade yet although that would make Hunt Showdown exclusive to Windows 8 or even Windows 10 drawing on DXGI 1.5 or D3D11.3 and newer with no fallback or feature level support which seems unlikely but I have not kept up to date with the latest Cry Engine V changes though I know D3D12 and Vulkan are both supported now by the engine in addition to D3D11 from before.

Can't say much about DOOM 3, Sikkmod significantly changes the OpenGL code but aside from driver profiles and hacks (More of a issue for AMD.) that shouldn't be too breaking though I suppose it falls upon whatever rewrites have been done to the OpenGL files, shader structures and such I don't fully remember but I know it's mostly in plain text and pretty mod friendly thus allowing modders to write in a lot of additional features and support for shaders and such.
(Like the early parallax mods.)

EDIT: Unless Hunt Showdown also uses some form of anti-cheat restricting DXGI.dll from loading and that's what is breaking things here, it's still in early access as I recall or beta at least but they might have something to ward against file injection even if it's ReShade and the new .dll might not yet have been whitelisted if that's a thing.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by JBeckman.
  • TheHunter
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #150 by TheHunter Replied by TheHunter on topic 4.0

JBeckman wrote: d3d11.dll might be another way to get it to load unless the game uses features that aren't fully supported in ReShade yet although that would make Hunt Showdown exclusive to Windows 8 or even Windows 10 drawing on DXGI 1.5 or D3D11.3 and newer with no fallback or feature level support which seems unlikely but I have not kept up to date with the latest Cry Engine V changes though I know D3D12 and Vulkan are both supported now by the engine in addition to D3D11 from before.

Can't say much about DOOM 3, Sikkmod significantly changes the OpenGL code but aside from driver profiles and hacks (More of a issue for AMD.) that shouldn't be too breaking though I suppose it falls upon whatever rewrites have been done to the OpenGL files, shader structures and such I don't fully remember but I know it's mostly in plain text and pretty mod friendly thus allowing modders to write in a lot of additional features and support for shaders and such.
(Like the early parallax mods.)

EDIT: Unless Hunt Showdown also uses some form of anti-cheat restricting DXGI.dll from loading and that's what is breaking things here, it's still in early access as I recall or beta at least but they might have something to ward against file injection even if it's ReShade and the new .dll might not yet have been whitelisted if that's a thing.

Hi Jonas

it detects easy anticheat and makes a workaround if I select main folder, but then I saw the game exe is in bin folder, when I put it there it doesn't want to start.

And yes easy anticheat says dxgi.dll is a untrusted app afterwards.. will post this @ hunt showdown thread, maybe they will exclude it. :)

By doom it just crashes when it tries to grab fullscreen, idk.. I had custom DSR 2880x1620, but then I saw also 640x480 crash in log. Like I said I also started default exe without sikkmod and same thing? as seen in quote.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by TheHunter.
  • tats25
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #151 by tats25 Replied by tats25 on topic 4.0
hello guys how can i download older version? thank u
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by tats25.
  • syphlor
More
5 years 4 months ago #152 by syphlor Replied by syphlor on topic 4.0
Is there any word on fixing 4.x.x for GTA V?
  • brazzjazz
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #153 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic 4.0
Half-Life doesn't work with ReShade 4.0.2, this goes for both the WON (original CD-ROM) version as well as the Steam version.

WON version:
Error message "ChoosePixelFormat failed". The error message in the ingame menu then says "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card". Everything worked normally again when I replaced the new with the old (3.4.1) opengl32.dll.

opengl32.txt:
09:15:29:532 [03608] | INFO  | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '4.0.2.489' (32-bit) built on '2018-11-21 23:57:49' loaded from "D:\\Spiele\\Half-Life (WON)\\opengl32.dll" to "D:\\Spiele\\Half-Life (WON)\\hl.exe" ...
09:15:29:819 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "user32.dll" ...
09:15:29:819 [03608] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
09:15:29:820 [03608] | INFO  | > Found 13 match(es). Installing ...
09:15:29:894 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "ws2_32.dll" ...
09:15:29:894 [03608] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
09:15:29:894 [03608] | INFO  | > Found 8 match(es). Installing ...
09:15:29:964 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d9.dll" ...
09:15:29:965 [03608] | INFO  | > Delayed.
09:15:29:965 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d10.dll" ...
09:15:29:965 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d10_1.dll" ...
09:15:29:965 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d11.dll" ...
09:15:29:966 [03608] | INFO  | > Delayed.
09:15:29:966 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dxgi.dll" ...
09:15:29:966 [03608] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
09:15:29:966 [03608] | INFO  | > Found 7 match(es). Installing ...
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\opengl32.dll" ...
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  | > Delayed until first call to an exported function.
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  | Initialized.
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglChoosePixelFormat(9401160D, 0DB86168)' ...
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  | > Dumping pixel format descriptor:
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  |   | Name                                    | Value                                   |
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  |   | Flags                                   | 0x25                                    |
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  |   | ColorBits                               | 24                                      |
09:15:30:036 [03608] | INFO  |   | DepthBits                               | 32                                      |
09:15:30:037 [03608] | INFO  |   | StencilBits                             | 0                                       |
09:15:30:037 [03608] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
09:15:30:039 [03608] | INFO  | Installing export hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\opengl32.dll" ...
09:15:30:040 [03608] | INFO  | > Found 360 match(es). Installing ...
09:15:30:784 [03608] | INFO  | > Returned format: 0
09:15:49:368 [03608] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglMakeCurrent(00000000, 00000000)' ...
09:15:56:562 [03608] | INFO  | Exiting ...
09:15:56:562 [03608] | INFO  | Uninstalling 392 hook(s) ...
09:15:56:638 [03608] | INFO  | Exited.

Steam version:

opengl32.txt:
16:34:14:388 [15288] | INFO  | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '4.0.2.489' (32-bit) built on '2018-11-21 23:57:49' loaded from "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Half-Life\\OPENGL32.dll" to "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Half-Life\\hl.exe" ...
16:34:14:690 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "user32.dll" ...
16:34:14:690 [15288] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
16:34:14:690 [15288] | INFO  | > Found 13 match(es). Installing ...
16:34:14:770 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "ws2_32.dll" ...
16:34:14:770 [15288] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
16:34:14:770 [15288] | INFO  | > Found 8 match(es). Installing ...
16:34:14:844 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d9.dll" ...
16:34:14:845 [15288] | INFO  | > Delayed.
16:34:14:845 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d10.dll" ...
16:34:14:845 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d10_1.dll" ...
16:34:14:845 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d11.dll" ...
16:34:14:846 [15288] | INFO  | > Delayed.
16:34:14:846 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dxgi.dll" ...
16:34:14:846 [15288] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
16:34:14:846 [15288] | INFO  | > Found 7 match(es). Installing ...
16:34:14:924 [15288] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\opengl32.dll" ...
16:34:14:925 [15288] | INFO  | > Delayed until first call to an exported function.
16:34:14:925 [15288] | INFO  | Initialized.
16:34:14:927 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'RegisterClassW(0019F304)' ...
16:34:14:927 [15288] | INFO  | > Adding 'CS_OWNDC' window class style flag to 'SDL_app'.
16:34:15:010 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'RegisterClassExW(0019F8CC)' ...
16:34:15:010 [15288] | INFO  | > Adding 'CS_OWNDC' window class style flag to 'SteamWinsockInitFakeClass_1'.
16:34:15:336 [13760] | INFO  | Redirecting 'RegisterClassExW(09BAFEE4)' ...
16:34:15:336 [13760] | INFO  | > Adding 'CS_OWNDC' window class style flag to 'Message'.
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglChoosePixelFormat(8C010EBF, 0019F560)' ...
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  | > Dumping pixel format descriptor:
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   | Name                                    | Value                                   |
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   | Flags                                   | 0x25                                    |
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   | ColorBits                               | 12                                      |
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   | DepthBits                               | 24                                      |
16:34:15:468 [15288] | INFO  |   | StencilBits                             | 0                                       |
16:34:15:472 [15288] | INFO  | Installing export hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\opengl32.dll" ...
16:34:15:472 [15288] | INFO  | > Found 360 match(es). Installing ...
16:34:16:337 [15288] | INFO  | > Returned format: 0
16:34:16:337 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglSetPixelFormat(8C010EBF, 0, 0019F560)' ...
16:34:16:338 [15288] | WARN  | > 'wglSetPixelFormat' failed with error code 87!
16:34:16:338 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglCreateContext(8C010EBF)' ...
16:34:16:338 [15288] | INFO  | > Passing on to 'wglCreateLayerContext' ...
16:34:16:338 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglCreateLayerContext(8C010EBF, 0)' ...
16:34:16:338 [15288] | WARN  | > 'wglCreateLayerContext' failed with error code 2000!
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglChoosePixelFormat(E7010EBF, 0019F540)' ...
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  | > Dumping pixel format descriptor:
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   | Name                                    | Value                                   |
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   | Flags                                   | 0x25                                    |
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   | ColorBits                               | 9                                       |
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   | DepthBits                               | 16                                      |
16:34:16:343 [15288] | INFO  |   | StencilBits                             | 0                                       |
16:34:16:344 [15288] | INFO  | > Returned format: 0
16:34:16:344 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglSetPixelFormat(E7010EBF, 0, 0019F540)' ...
16:34:16:344 [15288] | WARN  | > 'wglSetPixelFormat' failed with error code 87!
16:34:16:344 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglCreateContext(E7010EBF)' ...
16:34:16:344 [15288] | INFO  | > Passing on to 'wglCreateLayerContext' ...
16:34:16:344 [15288] | INFO  | Redirecting 'wglCreateLayerContext(E7010EBF, 0)' ...
16:34:16:344 [15288] | WARN  | > 'wglCreateLayerContext' failed with error code 2000!
16:34:18:497 [15288] | INFO  | Exiting ...
16:34:18:497 [15288] | INFO  | Uninstalling 392 hook(s) ...
16:34:18:571 [15288] | INFO  | Exited.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by brazzjazz.
  • XIIICaesar
More
5 years 4 months ago #154 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic 4.0
Just wanted to say @crosire the latest rendition of ReShade v4.x is awesome dude! Love the updates. UI especially is getting massively more modernized and intuitive. Especially the feature to edit the shaders themselves ingame & recompile them to check said edits while still running ingame. Massively saves time from constantly alt+tabbing to desktop to make edits with Notepad++ then alt+tabbing back to game. Great work dude SUPER thnx!
  • brazzjazz
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #155 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic 4.0
Natural Selection 2 (x64) crashes with ReShade 4.0.2 and D3D11. Can't say about the 32-bit version as I noticed it always seems to switch to the x64 version (only the dxgi.dll in the x64 subdirectory is loaded). DLLs for D3D9 (d3d9.dll) are not loaded when DirectX 9 is used. I keep testing different combinations.

dxgi.txt for the crash from 4.0.2 and x64 exe with D3D11:
19:03:24:720 [01872] | INFO  | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '4.0.2.490' (64-bit) built on '2018-11-21 23:59:05' loaded from "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\dxgi.dll" to "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\NS2.exe" ...
19:03:25:004 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "user32.dll" ...
19:03:25:004 [01872] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
19:03:25:005 [01872] | INFO  | > Found 13 match(es). Installing ...
19:03:25:084 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "ws2_32.dll" ...
19:03:25:084 [01872] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
19:03:25:084 [01872] | INFO  | > Found 8 match(es). Installing ...
19:03:25:156 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d9.dll" ...
19:03:25:156 [01872] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
19:03:25:156 [01872] | INFO  | > Found 9 match(es). Installing ...
19:03:25:230 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d10.dll" ...
19:03:25:231 [01872] | INFO  | > Delayed.
19:03:25:231 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d10_1.dll" ...
19:03:25:231 [01872] | INFO  | > Delayed.
19:03:25:231 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\d3d11.dll" ...
19:03:25:231 [01872] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
19:03:25:231 [01872] | INFO  | > Found 2 match(es). Installing ...
19:03:25:301 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dxgi.dll" ...
19:03:25:301 [01872] | INFO  | > Delayed until first call to an exported function.
19:03:25:301 [01872] | INFO  | Registering hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\opengl32.dll" ...
19:03:25:301 [01872] | INFO  | > Libraries loaded.
19:03:25:301 [01872] | INFO  | > Found 360 match(es). Installing ...
19:03:25:399 [01872] | INFO  | Initialized.
19:03:25:402 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'D3D11CreateDevice(0000000000000000, 1, 0000000000000000, 0, 0000000000000000, 0, 7, 00000004068FF0B0, 0000000000000000, 00000004068FF0B8)' ...
19:03:25:402 [01872] | INFO  | > Passing on to 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain':
19:03:25:402 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(0000000000000000, 1, 0000000000000000, 0, 0000000000000000, 0, 7, 0000000000000000, 0000000000000000, 00000004068FF0B0, 0000000000000000, 00000004068FF0B8)' ...
19:03:25:402 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'CreateDXGIFactory2(2147483648, {7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 00000004068FE848)' ...
19:03:25:402 [01872] | INFO  | > Passing on to 'CreateDXGIFactory1':
19:03:25:402 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'CreateDXGIFactory1({7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 00000004068FE848)' ...
19:03:25:405 [01872] | INFO  | Installing export hooks for "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dxgi.dll" ...
19:03:25:405 [01872] | INFO  | > Found 7 match(es). Installing ...
19:03:25:551 [01872] | INFO  | > Using feature level 0xb000.
19:03:25:551 [01872] | WARN  | Reference count for 'IDXGIDevice1' object 000001856BBF8FA0 is inconsistent: 2, but expected 1.
19:03:25:551 [01872] | WARN  | Reference count for 'ID3D11Device' object 000001856FC81AB0 is inconsistent: 1, but expected 0.
19:03:25:551 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'RegisterClassW(00000004068FEFC0)' ...
19:03:25:551 [01872] | INFO  | > Adding 'CS_OWNDC' window class style flag to 'SDL_app'.
19:03:25:952 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(0000000000000000, 1, 0000000000000000, 0, 0000000000000000, 0, 7, 00000004068FF030, 00000004068FF020, 000001856EAE45C0, 0000000000000000, 00000004068FF028)' ...
19:03:25:953 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'CreateDXGIFactory2(2147483648, {7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 00000004068FE878)' ...
19:03:25:953 [01872] | INFO  | > Passing on to 'CreateDXGIFactory1':
19:03:25:953 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'CreateDXGIFactory1({7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 00000004068FE878)' ...
19:03:26:003 [01872] | INFO  | > Using feature level 0xb000.
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  | > Calling 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain':
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain(000001856FE2F170, 000001856FF597E0, 00000004068FF030, 00000004068FF020)' ...
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  | > Dumping swap chain description:
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Parameter                               | Value                                   |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   +-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Width                                   | 3840                                    |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Height                                  | 2160                                    |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | RefreshRate                             | 0                   0                   |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Format                                  | 28                                      |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | ScanlineOrdering                        | 0                                       |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Scaling                                 | 0                                       |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | SampleCount                             | 1                                       |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | SampleQuality                           | 0                                       |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | BufferUsage                             | 32                                      |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | BufferCount                             | 2                                       |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | OutputWindow                            | 00000000005E08F8                        |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Windowed                                | FALSE                                   |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | SwapEffect                              | 0                                       |
19:03:26:004 [01872] | INFO  |   | Flags                                   | 0x2                                     |
19:03:27:062 [01872] | INFO  | Recreated runtime environment on runtime 000001856FFD60B0.
19:03:27:082 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'ID3D11Device::CreateDeferredContext(000001856FF597E0, 0, 000001856EAE45D0)' ...
19:03:29:302 [15680] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\LiftGammaGain.fx".
19:03:29:307 [10964] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\Vibrance.fx".
19:03:29:309 [07816] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\FilmGrain.fx".
19:03:29:320 [12204] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\PerfectPerspective.fx".
19:03:29:330 [16968] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\LumaSharpen.fx".
19:03:29:331 [05760] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\DisplayDepth.fx".
19:03:29:336 [05432] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\TiltShift.fx".
19:03:29:347 [16608] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\CRT.fx".
19:03:29:363 [17540] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\MagicBloom.fx".
19:03:29:369 [02292] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\MXAO.fx".
19:03:29:426 [18764] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\DOF.fx".
19:03:29:435 [18356] | INFO  | Successfully loaded "D:\\Spiele\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Natural Selection 2\\x64\\reshade-shaders\\Shaders\\SMAA.fx".
19:03:31:756 [01872] | INFO  | Loading image files for textures ...
19:04:22:266 [01872] | INFO  | Loading image files for textures ...
19:04:43:549 [01872] | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(000001856BFDB5F0, FALSE, 0000000000000000)' ...
19:04:43:950 [01872] | INFO  | Destroyed runtime environment on runtime 000001856FFD60B0.
19:04:43:971 [01872] | WARN  | Reference count for 'IDXGISwapChain' object 000001856BFDB5F0 is inconsistent: 1, but expected 0.
19:04:43:972 [01872] | WARN  | Reference count for 'ID3D11Device' object 000001856FF597E0 is inconsistent: 239, but expected 0.
19:04:44:276 [01872] | INFO  | Exiting ...
19:04:44:276 [01872] | INFO  | Uninstalling 407 hook(s) ...
19:04:44:377 [01872] | INFO  | Exited.
  • brazzjazz
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #156 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic 4.0

OtisInf wrote: Haven't I felt frustration when v4 came out and e.g. 'drag' was now a 'slider'? Sure.

Have to agree with you on that one. Sliders I find much fumblier than the solution we had before that. You cannot double-click an entry anymore to directly type a new value. Also, you cannot use the mouse for pixel-perfect accuracy the same way you could with the older system.

Also, while in theory you can still go back to 3.4.1 when problems arise with 4.x, it seems that the shaders you choose and download during the installation prompt belong to the 4.x version, rendering them more and more incompatible and therefore useless with the earlier versions. I've noticed a lot less options with AdvancedCRT and Curves for instance, with a newly installed 3.4.1.

As for ReShade in general, I'm very thankful for a tool like this, it has enriched my gaming experience a lot. If I report bugs and have other "complaints", it's meant as a benefit to other gamers and as constructive feedback, but I'm sure almost everybody else sees it this way. I would donate something as well, but there is no donation button yet.
  • amoebae
More
5 years 4 months ago #157 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic 4.0

brazzjazz wrote:

OtisInf wrote: Haven't I felt frustration when v4 came out and e.g. 'drag' was now a 'slider'? Sure.

Have to agree with you on that one. Sliders I find much fumblier than the solution we had before that. You cannot double-click an entry anymore to directly type a new value. Also, you cannot use the mouse for pixel-perfect accuracy the same way you could with the older system.

Also, while in theory you can still go back to 3.4.1 when problems arise with 4.x, it seems that the shaders you choose and download during the installation prompt belong to the 4.x version, rendering them more and more incompatible and therefore useless with the earlier versions. I've noticed a lot less options with AdvancedCRT and Curves for instance, with a newly installed 3.4.1.

As for ReShade in general, I'm very thankful for a tool like this, it has enriched my gaming experience a lot. If I report bugs and have other "complaints", it's meant as a benefit to other gamers and as constructive feedback, but I'm sure almost everybody else sees it this way. I would donate something as well, but there is no donation button yet.

There's some discussion earlier in the thread about how to a) edit 4.x shaders to use the old drag system instead of the slider; and b) how to find the correct shaders for old versions of ReShade (and there is a link specifically to the shaders for 3.4.1). You might find it helpful.

You should get into the habit of backing up your shaders too, so you always have the correct ones for the version you want to use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz
  • syphlor
More
5 years 4 months ago #158 by syphlor Replied by syphlor on topic 4.0
While yes, the 4.x.x versions of reshade are amazing UI-wise, I still can't use it in GTA V
  • altokitty
More
5 years 4 months ago #159 by altokitty Replied by altokitty on topic 4.0
Man, 4.0 is beautiful. Really love the new UI stuff, and the new loading system for shaders makes working with SWRE way faster.
I do have a dumb question, maybe this is in plain text somewhere but I can't figure out how to change shader hotkeys. What's the new way to do it now?

brazzjazz wrote: You cannot double-click an entry anymore to directly type a new value.

Just saying, that function was changed to Ctrl+Click, which I find to be much better than double-clicking. Especially in games where clicking can disturb the camera. Still, options for both would be great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae
  • Daodan
More
5 years 4 months ago #160 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic 4.0

altokitty wrote: I do have a dumb question, maybe this is in plain text somewhere but I can't figure out how to change shader hotkeys. What's the new way to do it now?

Right-click on the technique. Opens up a small window where you can set the hotkey and also change the position of the technique.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae, altokitty
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.