• Moonkey
More
4 years 5 days ago #21 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic 4.6
What is going on with the network activity detection? I'm having singleplayer games go nuts with flickering depthbuffer because I keep getting "High network activity detected", even when completely disconnected from the internet.
The topic has been locked.
  • MonarchX
More
4 years 4 days ago #22 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 4.6
Why would there be network activity when using ReShade aside from original installation? TELEMETRY?
  • crubino
More
4 years 4 days ago #23 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic 4.6

crosire wrote: Changelog

4.6.0:

• Added FreePIE IO support
    uniform float3 io_data[2] < source = "freepie"; index = 0; >;
    // io_data[0].xyz = yaw, pitch, roll
    // io_data[1].xyz = position

is this indicated that Reshade for VR (openVR) will come out? :P
  • brussell
More
4 years 4 days ago #24 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic 4.6

Moonkey wrote: What is going on with the network activity detection? I'm having singleplayer games go nuts with flickering depthbuffer because I keep getting "High network activity detected", even when completely disconnected from the internet.

Maybe you should make a separate troubleshooting thread about this. Looks like a bug.
  • aaronth07
More
4 years 4 days ago #25 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic 4.6
Seems like shaders with another subfolder inside the already existing subfolder that Reshade creates inside of the Shaders folder don't get recognized.

For example, installing BlueSkyDefender's shader package, it makes the folder "Depth3D", and all shaders inside there are recognized fine. However inside that folder, there is another folder called "Experimental", in which none of the shaders are recognized. Is there a way to fix this without having to manually move the shaders every single time?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 days ago #26 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.6
You will need to add the Experimental folder to the shader search paths (see Settings page). The setup only adds one search path per package (the root directory).
  • Sethos
More
4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #27 by Sethos Replied by Sethos on topic 4.6
Another fine release.

However, I'm really not a fan of the new shader packages, so you need to download a metric ton of shaders that needs to be cleaned out, if you want specific shaders. Would love to see some drop-down menus and checkboxes, so you can see everything included in each package easily and pick what you want.

Also, the AmbientLight shader seems to be going a bit crazy under Vulkan.
Last edit: 4 years 4 days ago by Sethos.
  • Mendivil
More
4 years 3 days ago #28 by Mendivil Replied by Mendivil on topic 4.6
Just like many have stated before, a drop-down menu allowing to choose individual shaders would be nice instead of having to download unwanted shaders.
Also, does anyone know what shader pack "Clarity" and "Colorful" shaders are in? I have to choose the legacy shaders because I couldn't find them :(
  • derrame
More
4 years 3 days ago #29 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic 4.6
No more Clarity fx?
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim
  • aaronth07
More
4 years 3 days ago #30 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic 4.6
You will have to download and move the old shaders manually.

github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/tree/master/Shaders
The following user(s) said Thank You: derrame
  • derrame
More
4 years 3 days ago #31 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic 4.6
Thnks for the answer

why remove clarity is so good

I copy and paste that code text into what?
  • Sethos
More
4 years 3 days ago #32 by Sethos Replied by Sethos on topic 4.6
Clarity is still available, no need to do any manual install either. There's a pack at the bottom of the effect package list you choose to install from, at the bottom called "Legacy standard effects", that contains clarity.
  • BigDuck
More
4 years 1 day ago #33 by BigDuck Replied by BigDuck on topic 4.6
Yeah its going crazy for me too. Also I'd personally prefer not having these tons of shaders in the installer like that. However, MXAO suddenly started working for me after this new update so I wouldn't want that to go away ^^
  • Khronikos
More
4 years 1 day ago #34 by Khronikos Replied by Khronikos on topic 4.6
Thank you for the quick update. Seems like you fixed any issues I was having just reading the patch notes. Great job man.
  • Khronikos
More
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 1 day ago #35 by Khronikos Replied by Khronikos on topic 4.6
Yes, so after installing the latest and testing, it is finally at that spot where installing for each game, using profiles, and setting global folders + skipping effects is very easy to understand and structured well. I think this release does a lot to reaffirm how nice this app is. It's come a long way from two years ago. I barely have to do anything now to update games correctly. It's very nice. Thanks again. Will do a patreon donation.
Last edit: 4 years 1 day ago by Khronikos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SpajdrEX
  • clayb
More
4 years 1 day ago #36 by clayb Replied by clayb on topic 4.6
Thanks so much for the awesome collection of shaders and so easy to download them all! No more copying over folders to get all of the goodness.
  • lowenz
More
4 years 7 hours ago - 4 years 6 hours ago #37 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 4.6
[strike]4.6.1 (I didn't test 4.6.0) seems do NOT work well with Crosire own d3d8-to-9 wrapper.[/strike]

It was my bad, pardon.
Classic Windows Resolution List problem after a graphics driver installation :p
Last edit: 4 years 6 hours ago by lowenz.
  • kokotas
More
4 years 7 hours ago #38 by kokotas Replied by kokotas on topic 4.6
I've noticed that for the last 2-3 versions there is bug when you're selecting a preset file to finalize the installation, causing the window to close. Manually entering the path to the file works fine ofc but I thought I would let you know.

Cheerz!
  • lemonpokemon
More
4 years 4 hours ago - 4 years 3 hours ago #39 by lemonpokemon Replied by lemonpokemon on topic 4.6
Now it has become difficult to understand what exactly to install. Previously, I could see all the effects and select the necessary ones, but now only the packs :dry:

For example, I need these and how to understand exactly where they are
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 4 years 3 hours ago by lemonpokemon.
  • Carl_P
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #40 by Carl_P Replied by Carl_P on topic 4.6
I really appreciate these updates to Reshade, an essential piece of software for me.

However, I feel this new version added too many options. It takes a lot of trial and error to find the "right" shaders and their best settings, and I don't know if we really need *that* many choices. Better to pick out the highest quality shaders (vs performance), and avoid multiple shaders that does more or less the same thing.

Also, it's unfortunate that some of the absolute best shaders have been moved to the legacy option. AmbientLight and Clarity do wonders to improve games with slightly flat lighting, like Witcher 3. These two shaders, along with Colourfulness, should be part of the main/default shader package.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Carl_P.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.