• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 week ago - 1 year 10 months ago #1 by crosire 5.1 was created by crosire
Changelog

5.1.0:

Features:
  • Improved depth buffer detection when games are clearing them during the frame (check "Copy depth buffer before clear operations, now works again in Bioshock: Infinite and more)
  • Added line informing which graphics API is being used to the "Statistics" page
  • Added option to ignore variable limits when holding down Ctrl key while clicking drag widget buttons to adjust value
  • Added "reshade_overlay" event to ReShade API (called every frame for custom dear imgui code)
  • Added "reshade_screenshot" event to ReShade API (called when a screenshot is taken)
  • Added support for "R16" texture format for effects
  • Added "BUFFER_COLOR_SPACE" preprocessor definition which contains the color space type for presentation (0 = unknown, 1 = sRGB, 2 = scRGB, 3 = HDR10 ST2084, 4 = HDR10 HLG)
  • Added support for "#pragma warning" to configure warnings
  • Added option to skip shader optimization via "#pragma reshade skipoptimization" directive in effect code
  • Added global config option to prevent unloading of ReShade module, which can be used to work around crashes occuring when exiting an application and having loaded any ReShade add-ons and a crash of the Fallout: New Vegas launcher
    [INSTALL]
    PreventUnloading=1

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed crash in RAGE 2
  • Fixed crash in NieR Replicant when running through DXVK
  • Fixed crash due to memory corruption during Vulkan pipeline creation
  • Fixed crash when exiting Resident Evil 3 in fullscreen mode
  • Fixed broken shadows in some D3D9 games, including Borderlands 2, Payday 2, Sims 4, ...
  • Fixed broken rendering in some D3D9 games, including The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas, ReIMAGINE, ...
  • Fixed darkened cockpit in X-Plane 11
  • Fixed flickering cockpit screens in X-Plane 11
  • Fixed texture creation in games using the Gold Source engine
  • Fixed incorrect vertex ID passed to shaders in D3D9 when rendering more than 100 vertices
  • Fixed incorrect vertex and primitive count for D3D9 draw calls with point primitives
  • Fixed OpenGL mipmap generation producing artifacts sometimes
  • Fixed artifacts when rendering OpenGL effects that use multiple compute shaders
  • Fixed overlay disappearing in Vulkan after an invalid operation occured
  • Fixed "init_pipeline" event not being called for pipeline libraries in D3D12 (e.g. Red Dead Redemption 2)
  • Fixed "create_swapchain" event not being called before swap chain resizes in D3D10/11/12
  • Fixed "reset_command_list" event not being called after D3D12 command list creation
  • Fixed meaning of render pass load and store operations
  • Fixed missing error notification when writing screenshot file failed
  • Fixed "Collapse/Expand all" button showing up even when it is not usable
  • Fixed keyboard controls showing up even when they are not usable (e.g. in VR)
  • Fixed global preprocessor popup dialog size being very small sometimes
  • Fixed leaking process handle after executing screenshot post-save command

Miscellaneous:
  • Improved performance of depth buffer detection
  • Added error log message when loading add-on that is using an unsupported API version
  • Added preset transition when using GUI buttons to switch preset (as was already happening when using keyboard shortcuts)
  • Added texture format to depth buffer list shown in the GUI
  • Added notice when no clear operations were found for the selected depth buffer
  • Moved warning that texture could not be loaded into technique tooltip
  • Changed warning about limited add-on functionality on "Add-on" page to be less pronounced
  • Changed SPIR-V code generation to always initialize output variables with zero (to immitate HLSL behavior)
  • Changed default effect cache path to %TEMP%\ReShade, rather than %TEMP%
  • Removed highlighting of techniques with warnings in the technique list
  • Removed preset save button when performance mode is active (since it would clear out the preset)

Setup tool:
  • Reworked Vulkan installation (again) to use allow list that is checked when ReShade is loaded
  • Fixed "Social Club failed to initialize graphics device; error code 18" in Red Dead Redemption 2 as part of the reworked Vulkan installation method
  • Fixed setup tool not unloading executable image after analyzing it (and therefore keeping it locked while the setup tool is open)
  • Changed default configuration file generation to always include the "APP" section, so there is more awareness that it exists

Regarding Vulkan, the setup tool now maintains a list of applications in %LOCALAPPDATA%\ReShade\ReShadeApps.ini. If ReShade is being loaded into a Vulkan application from %LOCALAPPDATA%\ReShade\ReShade[32/64]\ReShade[32/64].dll, then it will only activate if that application executable path is in this list. Otherwise ReShade will prevent itself from loading. You can delete %LOCALAPPDATA%\ReShade\VkLayer_override.json, it is no longer used. Do note that you'll have to reinstall ReShade to all Vulkan games, previous installs are not updated automatically.
Also note that ReShade will not load in Vulkan games that are launched as administrator by default! This is because the Vulkan loader ignores user layers (in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers" registry key) when doing so, but ReShade is installed as one. If you want to use ReShade in applications that are executed as administrator, need to move the registry entry pointing to ReShade64.json to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers" and the entry pointing to ReShade32.json entry to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers". Do not attempt this if you are not familiar with the Windows registry!
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by crosire. Reason: Removed 5.1 download links, in favor of 5.2 being available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Juguard, Echo, Tojkar, Marty, Birdy62, Shodan, Fan4eG, Sparktank, costiq and 2 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • Tojkar
More
2 years 1 week ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic 5.1
Is it possible to use wildcard in Reshade.ini so that I wouldn't have to declare every single sub-folder in the shares-folder?

Managing a single shader reposition is easy but having to add each new folder to each Reshade.ini in different games pretty much makes it a moot point. If that is not possible, consider this a feature request. Otherwise a plead for help to get correct syntax.
  • ZabaZu
More
2 years 1 week ago #3 by ZabaZu Replied by ZabaZu on topic 5.1
Maybe you'll find this useful, but maybe you've come across it already. I wrote an installer to solve this problem for myself.
github.com/OopyDoopy/ReShade-Centralized
  • softschool
More
2 years 1 week ago #4 by softschool Replied by softschool on topic 5.1
How to get ReShade64.dll of ReShade 5.1.0? The application to be used is the x64 version, ReShade64.dll can be found in 4.9.1, ReShade64.dll can't be found after 5.0!
  • Birdy62
More
2 years 1 week ago #5 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic 5.1
I have an instant crash with the game "Generation Zero". Works well with 4.9.1
  • SanekBro
More
2 years 1 week ago #6 by SanekBro Replied by SanekBro on topic 5.1
Hello, I have a problem. When I'm selecting the game, the error pops up: "ReShade Setup" has stopped working A problem has caused the program to stop working. Close this program. What do I need to do?
  • canconfirmvulkan11
More
2 years 1 week ago #7 by canconfirmvulkan11 Replied by canconfirmvulkan11 on topic 5.1
Doesn't work with Vulkan (using dxvk). Sea of Thieves & Apex refuse to start. ReShade 5.0.2 works fine though.
  • Buddy66
More
2 years 1 week ago #8 by Buddy66 Replied by Buddy66 on topic 5.1
I downloaded Reshade 5.1 for nfsu2. The UI is appearing, but the in-game screen isn't.
  • Light5hade
More
2 years 1 week ago #9 by Light5hade Replied by Light5hade on topic 5.1
Cannot get 5.1 to work with Quake (Nightdive Remaster). May have to do with recent Vulkan changes? I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.1
For anybody not getting Vulkan to work, read the last paragraph. Cemu for example runs as administrator, so ReShade won't work without doing the modifications mentioned there.

Unfortunately I only noticed the problem that the Vulkan loader ignores user layers after release. In the future this probably means the ReShade setup tool will require administrator rights to install to Vulkan games again (since "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" cannot be modified without them) and things will move back into ProgramData instead of being able to install per-user (but will still be per-game and not global). But with the current released setup tool you'll have to make those changes manually. Note that ReShade 5.1 itself is not the problem here, it's entirely a setup configuration thing with setting up the right registry keys. ReShade 5.1 does work perfectly in all Vulkan apps/games, provided the registry keys are set up accordingly.

Is it possible to use wildcard in Reshade.ini so that I wouldn't have to declare every single sub-folder in the shares-folder?
Brute-force searching all subdirectories of every search directory is not an option, but supporting wildcards instead is a good idea. I'll keep this in mind for future implementation.

Hello, I have a problem. When I'm selecting the game, the error pops up: "ReShade Setup" has stopped working A problem has caused the program to stop working. Close this program. What do I need to do?
Update your .NET Framework. ReShade requires at least .NET Framework 4.6.2.
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by crosire.
  • Kenni
More
2 years 1 week ago #11 by Kenni Replied by Kenni on topic 5.1
Tried reshade for the first time in CSGO (worked great in BO2 some time ago) with HLAE and it crashes every single time at the end of loading a demo or a map when I'm joining an offline match. When I turn reshade off in HLAE then everything works great but once I load the reshade as well then the crash appears at the end of loading a demo. In menu its fine, the presets work perfectly. Any idea why? I wanted to try older versions but links are deleted in favour of the new release.

Windows 10, intel i7-9750HF, rtx 2060.
  • daika7ana
More
2 years 6 days ago #12 by daika7ana Replied by daika7ana on topic 5.1
Heya, first time posting and I do have to say I've been a long time Reshade user ever since 0.18 and everybody's contribution to this project is nonetheless amazing.
I think I have discovered a bug and I'd like to point it out, but I am not sure if it's from my side or Reshade side of things.
Details:
I mostly play my games in Exclusive Fullscreen mode an limiting my FPS in NVCP to 141 in order to use GSync.
Rarely (maybe 1 out of 10-15 times) after I ALT-TAB out of a game and then come back in the game, Reshade fails to hook back. On/Off keybind doesn't work, OSD doesn't work, menu doesn't work, and effects aren't loaded either. Not even ALT-Tabbing out and in again fixes it. What fixes it is doing ALT-ENTER twice to toggle out of Fullscreen into Windowed and back to Fullscreen.
Here is a log of the error happening in SMITE www.dropbox.com/s/mnb4ad7cuzzub4o/ReShade.log?dl=0
You can see it happening between 01:21:51:728 and 01:22:56:382
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 days ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.1

Rarely (maybe 1 out of 10-15 times) after I ALT-TAB out of a game and then come back in the game, Reshade fails to hook back.
Thank you for the log! This is fixed in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/ece116...3bcd4f00cbb20398e3a4 , so next update.
  • sajittarius
More
2 years 6 days ago #14 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic 5.1

• Added "BUFFER_COLOR_SPACE" preprocessor definition which contains the color space type for presentation (0 = unknown, 1 = sRGB, 2 = scRGB, 3 = HDR10 ST2084, 4 = HDR10 HLG)

• This is so cool, man.  This weekend I was playing Elden Ring in HDR and noticed a bunch of shaders complaining about it not being sRGB color space.   Hopefully this helps with that? (or maybe it lets the shader creator add in support in their shader?)
    • rj200
    More
    2 years 6 days ago #15 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic 5.1

This is so cool, man.  This weekend I was playing Elden Ring in HDR and noticed a bunch of shaders complaining about it not being sRGB color space.   Hopefully this helps with that? (or maybe it lets the shader creator add in support in their shader?)

•  
    Indeed it is very cool. However, it's just exposing the HDR color space info to shaders, it's not going to automatically convert colorspaces for us. Shader authors will need to check BUFFER_COLOR_SPACE in their code and implement any conversions they need themselves. Maybe we could add some common functions shader authors could use to ReShade.fxh.

I use it (if present) in my Glamayre shader's next release. At the moment for 10 bit backbuffers Glamayre requires the user to tell Glamayre the colourspace - which is not something the average user is likely to know much about.
    • Aztec2012
    More
    2 years 4 days ago #16 by Aztec2012 Replied by Aztec2012 on topic 5.1
    Works better. But Gothic 3 (directx9) crashing after loading.
    • Chavolatra
    More
    2 years 4 days ago #17 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic 5.1
    Still hope about Depth Buffer work fine if MSAA turn on in game.
    • Probe435
    More
    2 years 2 days ago - 2 years 2 days ago #18 by Probe435 Replied by Probe435 on topic 5.1
    No luck with Forza Horizon 5 (ForzaHorizon5.exe).
    Any tip?
    Last edit: 2 years 2 days ago by Probe435.
    • Hijin25
    More
    2 years 1 day ago #19 by Hijin25 Replied by Hijin25 on topic 5.1
    Greetings. First of all I want to thank those responsible for this magnificent tool.

I have little to use Reshade, I started with version 4.9.1 and I was amazed. I have two presets that I use in pretty much all of my games and they look great.

The problem is that I have wanted to use the new versions, but the presets do not look the same, it is as if some effects are not activated. What should I do to make the presets look like in version 4.9.1?
    • Aztec2012
    More
    1 year 11 months ago #20 by Aztec2012 Replied by Aztec2012 on topic 5.1
    New option in new Addons menu Generic Depth option causing crash in Gothic 3 and Forsaken Gods.
    We use cookies
    We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.