Assassins Creed: Bad Depth Buffer

• Jonathanese
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Jonathanese Assassins Creed: Bad Depth Buffer was created by Jonathanese
OK, so I figured I would spruce up Assassins Creed with some ReShade. For the most part, it all works great, with the exception of effects that use the depth buffer.

It's good that it can detect a depth buffer, but it seems to be glitchy. Apparently the depth buffer does not notice character models and certain static meshes in the scene. For instance, when using Ambient Occlusion, the darkening/lightening effect appears to seep through character models, and character models do not occlude light. This hold true for many props as well, like banisters on stairs.

I'm not sure if I'm just reporting this or requesting tips to fix it. I just know I would LOVE to use HBAO or SSGI (ANy tutorials for SSGI? I can't get it to look right.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Assassins Creed: Bad Depth Buffer
That's a known issue with the game, but not much can be done about it if the game renders its environment that way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.