Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)

• brussell
More
8 years 2 months ago #21 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)

Quentin-Tarantino wrote: Then why does the Lut be different before i put it into Photoshop. I used the CFX_ColorLUTDst.png as default on it's own and it has a brownish filter and when i made the Lut in the offline preview it was more clear?

Because CFX_ColorLUTDst.png is already a modified lut, created by Ganossa as an example. CFX_ColorLUTDOrig.png is the neutral one, that should be used as a base. It's the same that you can download here: docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/...ffects/ColorGrading/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sekta
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #22 by Sekta Replied by Sekta on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)
Download the Flat Grading LUTs that TreyM created. Download link is here: www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8795/?ta...F%3Fid%3D8795&pUp=1#

Use DX9IV tool by Ninjafada and apply your Reshade preset to the 4096x64 LUT. You will get far better results than using Mediator Offline Preview.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Sekta.

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
8 years 1 month ago #23 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)

brussell wrote:

Quentin-Tarantino wrote: Then why does the Lut be different before i put it into Photoshop. I used the CFX_ColorLUTDst.png as default on it's own and it has a brownish filter and when i made the Lut in the offline preview it was more clear?

Because CFX_ColorLUTDst.png is already a modified lut, created by Ganossa as an example. CFX_ColorLUTDOrig.png is the neutral one, that should be used as a base. It's the same that you can download here: docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/...ffects/ColorGrading/

Yea then that's my point that the offline preview will make a flat lut if no shaders are in enabled before hand. The pic part is just to see what i am tweaking.

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
8 years 1 month ago #24 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)

Sekta wrote: Download the Flat Grading LUTs that TreyM created. Download link is here: www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8795/?ta...F%3Fid%3D8795&pUp=1#

Use DX9IV tool by Ninjafada and apply your Reshade preset to the 4096x64 LUT. You will get far better results than using Mediator Offline Preview.

That looks like it is creating a grey filter though and colors won't look clean and clear.

• Sekta
More
8 years 1 month ago #25 by Sekta Replied by Sekta on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)
Don't know what you mean. The LUT is flat. You are applying your shaders to a much higher resolution LUT than the one Mediator uses (ColorLUTOrig.png).

This is my preset using the LUT: sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/29788/full/

• TreyM
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #26 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)

Sekta wrote: For anyone interested, you can make a really nice look when you enable a tonemap such as HPD and use Ninjafada's tool DX9IV to apply the effect to a picture, in this case a 4096x64 untouched LUT (since the tool only accepts 1920x1080, you need to split the LUT into 3 and combine them afterwards).

Afterwards in Photoshop, open the untouched LUT and on a new layer put your HPD LUT. Use Curves on the HPD LUT and use the Black Point and White Point eyedropper to select the top left and bottom right pixels to fix the whitepoint. Set the HPD LUT's blending mode to Soft Light or Overlay.

Create a new Curves adjustment layer and set its blending mode to Luminosity. Make another and set blending mode to Color. Duplicate the HPD LUT and place one above the Luminosity layer and one above the Color layer. Set them to Clipping Mask. Now adjust the opacity of the adjustment layers until the effect is as strong as you want it to be.

Save it as a PNG-24 (you can shrink the PNG size a lot by using the tool PNGGauntlet) and put it in the CustomFX texture folder. Enable the TUNINGPALETTE shader and enter the details of your LUT, the name, 4096x64 as the size. Use Ninjafada's DX9IV tool to check a game screenshot whenever you make changes until you get the perfect look.

This is actually awesome. I was just considering doing this today to eliminate the tonemapping shader steps in my presets. Cool that we're on the same page. :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by TreyM.

• Igni
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #27 by Igni Replied by Igni on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)
Another question. Reshade doesn't output .jpg so how do I take screenshots in dx9iv using reshade?

EDIT: Figured out that I had an outdated version of dx9iv and switched to v.1.3(4?). Thanks internet (and Martigen ofc).
P. S. The way I found out was from this post.
Warning: Spoiler!

Found at this thread
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Igni.

• Igni
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #28 by Igni Replied by Igni on topic Tonemapping SDR kinda works! :)
I accidentally deleted my posts on this thread. So I'm just going to leave a link to the helpful website in my post and mention to get the latest version of the DX9IV tool.Here's the link
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Igni.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.