Whitepoint correction in LUT function?

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by j19861986 Whitepoint correction in LUT function? was created by j19861986
I have found out that the LUT isn't fixing whitepoint
I have tried using more blue in whitepoint in ColorLookupTable.png, it isn't showing more blue in whitepoint (it is completely white when it is fixed, more blue isn't showing)
It fixes the Gamma, and don't know if primary colors is fixed too, but whitepoint is irritating me that it isn't functioning as it should.
Is there any whitepoint correction in Reshade before using gamma correcting LUT?
But I have trouble using it on a laptop with games.

Best Regards
Johan Taunajik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sekta
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2 by Sekta Replied by Sekta on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
Are you trying to fix the white point of the LUT itself?

Open your LUT in photoshop. Change the color mode to 16/bits. Create a new Curves adjustment layer. In Curves, use the black point eyedropper tool and select the very top left pixel of the LUT. Use the white point eyedropper tool and select the very bottom right pixel of the LUT. Optionally, flatten the image and then apply the Equalize adjustment. Save for web and use PNG-24 with all options unchecked. If you want better control, use a 1024x32 or 4096x64 LUT instead of a 256x16.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Sekta.

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
The black point, isn't it very top left?
And I have tried to curve, those three different color to have desired whitepoint (255;250;230 etc.) and apply srgb profile to picture then convert to devicelink profile into picture. It has good viewing gamma, and then, the whitepoint is still same as completely white (255;255;255)
Maybe I could test it with Those PNG saving options off. (Currently at work, will test it later this day)
I am currently using 4096x64 LUT

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
I have tried, the whitepoint is way off
It shows correct whitepoint in photoshop, and not accurate on LUT in reshade
It should be more warm on desired whitepoint. it is too cool (with LUT).
I have made a icc color profile for my screen. (ArgyllCMS based)
I will make screen shot from my mobile, you should see the comparison.
The gamma is correct in reshade lut, but not whitepoint.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by j19861986.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #5 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
would you mind sharing your whitepoint corrected LUT?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by kingeric1992.

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #6 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
Here is image for LUT in g-drive
link: click here

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #7 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
As you can see in the image, it is yellow'y, when using it in lut, it is way off
(You can see the image lut in post #6)

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #8 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
I have downloaded mastereffect and using 3D- LUT included in mastereffect
It works great

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
the lut you provided well map 255,255,255 to 255,253,155.
Is that what you want?

it surely won't make white point at 255;250;230, where it means 255;250;230 to 255,255,255

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
Yeah, the lut I provided should be like that
But it doesn't change to that in current reshade package (version1.1.0).
I have found out that MasterEffect has a 3D-LUT function that is compliant to what I needed.
It changes all color incl. white point. Should the mastereffect version of 3D-LUT not be incl. in next Reshade version release, cause it is more capable; 3d-lut?
Now there is one thing, MasterEffect just provided 256*16 image for lut, I miss the 4096*64 (Tried to use 4096*64, it messes with color that it shouldn't be, wrong color definition shows up)
Will post in MasterEffect thread that Marty McFly should provide 4096*64 image included in MasterEffect

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #11 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
And what is your setting?
lut code i.e TuningColorLUT in 1.1 is legit (mathematically), the additional color change could be the doing of other color-correction or simply by bad config.

• j19861986
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #12 by j19861986 Replied by j19861986 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
Was playing around with Mediator lately
Has found out that "LUT" in Pipeline only correct brightness (sry for trouble)
And found "Color LUT" in TuningPalette that fixed the White Point while fixing color (3dlut) lut
Now the problem is gone.
I am happy with reshade
I have created an custom ICC (custom gamma/brightness, color primaries) that I want to share
Have you a Screen Calibrator (like I1D3?) and using ArgyllCMS?
Here is the custom ICC profile that I am using for general purpose and gaming uploaded in gdrive: link is here
The following user(s) said Thank You: kingeric1992

• Zavarka512
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #13 by Zavarka512 Replied by Zavarka512 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
You can try Gimp to whitebalance your LUT. You can try the first option first, but if you're not satisfied you may want to undo and try other three (they do almost the same)

By the way, I don't understand why your LUT is so long in length, there should be just 16 squares. maybe you're trying to use LUT function in the pipeline, and it uses just 1 pixel wide black and white line to work, that is located in ReShade/CustomFX/Textures folder (actually I don't know why it's needed, use tunning palette instead).

Here's how proper lut should look like. And it's activated in TUNNINGPALLETE -> Custom Lut Settings. Drop the lut in ReShade/CustomFX/Textures folder, activate just tunningpalette(don't use LUT thing in the pipeline), and put the name of needed lut in TUNNINGPALLETE -> Custom Lut Settings. Here's an example of a proper lut, this lut here was generated by applying white-point balance to watchdogs_tonemapped(customfx) image:

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzx3eksuOKsfcVB...RTA/view?usp=sharing

If you need a 100% neutral lut (lut to start with), then here it is:

docs.unrealengine.com/latest/images/Engi...ing/RGBTable16x1.png

Maybe I got what you wanted wrong, maybe not, but hope it helped a little :D
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Zavarka512.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopper2010

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #14 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
@j19861986
ha, I never bother to tune screen settings. I'm fine as long as the color looks normal and clear.

@Zavarka512
Indeed the CFX_lut.png 256x1 defines a curve, but it is RGB separated.
R --> R curve --> R'
G --> G curve --> G'
B --> B curve --> B' (which is 3 of 1D-luts)

while color lut is
(RGB) --> RGB LUT --> (RGB)' (1 3d-lut)

And the color lookup table in framework support custom size given the dimension defined in settings. (4096x64 in this case)
PS: Need to be ( N * N ) x N to have a proper mapping. --> number of the sub-quads == texture height.

• Sekta
More
8 years 2 months ago #15 by Sekta Replied by Sekta on topic Whitepoint correction in LUT function?
Did you try blur your LUT? That will make colours inaccurate, especially highlights.

Anyway, I quickly made a LUT for you if you want to try it out. I tried to make it similar to yours and it works fine for me in-game, using just TuningPalette.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.