Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Which one's the best sharpener?

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 1 week ago #1

So far we have Adaptive Sharpen (I've seen one post that this one's better than Luma Sharpen in terms of "Not highlighting sharpened objects"), Fine Sharp, Luma Sharpen and reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/529...ncement?limitstart=0 High Pass Sharpen.

Has anyone any experience with those or has possibly compared them?
I'm especially interested in sharpening after FXAA: Which one of those produces the best quality afterwards.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by kurtextrem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 1 week ago #2

  • Kleio420
  • Kleio420's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 217
  • Thank you received: 28
kurtextrem wrote:
So far we have Adaptive Sharpen (I've seen one post that this one's better than Luma Sharpen in terms of "Not highlighting sharpened objects"), Fine Sharp, Luma Sharpen and reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/529...ncement?limitstart=0 High Pass Sharpen.

Has anyone any experience with those or has possibly compared them?
I'm especially interested in sharpening after FXAA: Which one of those produces the best quality afterwards.
you could put fine sharpen after fxaa in the load order to make sure its running after fxaa if luma sharpen was designed around running on depth then smoothing over line edges it would help fix the aliasing it highlights
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 1 week ago #3

No, the FXAA comes from my driver, not from Reshade.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 6 days ago #4

  • Kleio420
  • Kleio420's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 217
  • Thank you received: 28
kurtextrem wrote:
No, the FXAA comes from my driver, not from Reshade.
then really its up to you i like finesharp ,adaptive idk what values do what or some way to view how they change things so i with default i think its way to strong , luma is good but personally perfer finesharp
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 5 days ago #5

  • Kuniyo
  • Kuniyo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 29
  • Thank you received: 11
I prefer Luma myself, it seems to be the one with the least impact on FPS.

For some reason if I enable Fine Sharp I lose ~90 fps in CS:GO instantly, with the default values.
It gets a bit better after tweaking but the performance impact is way to high to use it in my opinion.

I also quite like Adaptive Sharpen but for some games it kinda hard to use without over sharpening it, but that might just be my noob skills haha :)

Have fun trying them all out! :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 3 days ago #6

Kuniyo wrote:
I prefer Luma myself, it seems to be the one with the least impact on FPS.

For some reason if I enable Fine Sharp I lose ~90 fps in CS:GO instantly, with the default values.
It gets a bit better after tweaking but the performance impact is way to high to use it in my opinion.

I also quite like Adaptive Sharpen but for some games it kinda hard to use without over sharpening it, but that might just be my noob skills haha :)

Have fun trying them all out! :P
Wow 90 fps.. that is huge.
So I guess last stand is Luma vs Adaptive vs High Pass
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which one's the best sharpener? 8 months 3 days ago #7

In Rainbow Six Siege, AdaptiveSharpen seems to sharp edges better than LumaSharpen (on 2.5), but the overall image quality seems to be lowered.
The administrator has disabled public write access.