LumaSharpen - Best Pattern?

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #1 by MonarchX LumaSharpen - Best Pattern? was created by MonarchX
I did my research and came across these explanations, but they haven't really explained to me about which Pattern type produces the highest-quality sharpening. The article stated that they all work about the same, but I disagree. I see an obvious difference between Screenshot 001, which uses Pattern 2 and Screenshot 002, which uses no-longer-existing Pattern, a slightly improved version of Pattern 4 as far as I understand.

Since Pattern 9 is an improved version of current Pattern 4 and since Pattern 2 is "a good compromise between speed and quality", which assume refers to Pattern 1 (Speed) and Pattern 3 (Quality), it makes sense that Pattern 3 (Wider) is of higher quality than Pattern 2. It also seems that patterns are listed from lowest quality to highest quality, making Pattern 4 the best pattern for the highest-quality sharpening. Assuming I do see an obvious difference between Pattern 2 and the non-existing Pattern 9 (which is like Pattern 4 with tiny improvements), it makes sense to assume that I will see at least some improvement of Pattern 4 over Pattern 1, won't I?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.