About depth of field

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by mickevincent About depth of field was created by mickevincent
Hello

ReShade makes my games realy awesome!
I don't know if this is the correct place to get help with this, but... I have a question about depth of field. I don't know how this stuff works.

I have made some settings for Ocarina of Time playing with the Glide64 plugin and it works awesome! However I have a question about "MATSO DEPTH OF FIELD". I have set it so it almost works like I want to. But there are no explanations at the different settings you can have so I don't understand what everything is doing.

Look at this picture

As you can see the parts in the background are distorted, wich is good. But why does it also distort the item icons? Is it simply because it's an ancient N64 were I suppose everything on the screen will use the same shader? Can different parts on screen even use different shaders? I don't know... but if someone can tell me what to do so the icons don't distort, I would be glad :) I don't even know if it is possible though...

What I'd like is to have this "distortion" some bit away always on. But of course, if it can't be helped whay happens with icons and other stuff on the screen, then there's no point.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by mickevincent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic About depth of field
ReShade currently applies all shaders at the end of each frame ("post processing"). This means they are on top of the GUI, so that ones blurred too. There are plans to add an automatic GUI detection somewhen in the future, but that's not there yet =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic About depth of field
Oh, ok. Well thanx anyway for your answer! :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.