Statistics Clarity Texture Res question.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1 by master2g Statistics Clarity Texture Res question. was created by master2g
So when i look at reshade statistics i see how many passes each effect is doing and such. I use Clarity and i see 3 listings that are under texture heading related to Clarity. I see these three line of inf0 under textures under Statistics
TEXTURES
ClarityTex: 1280x800+0 (~4096kB)
ClairtyTex2: 1280x800+0 (~4096kB)
ClarityTex3: 640x480+0 (~1024kB)

My question is this , I run a 2560 x 1600p resolution Dell monitor. So should Clarity be matching that monitor res as far as the textures listed go or are those 1280 x 800 and other res numbers related to something different ??. I need Clarity on this.....see what i did there :P

Thanks
Gary~
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by master2g.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Statistics Clarity Texture Res question.
The effect runs at half the screen resolution, so the values are correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa, master2g

• Ioxa
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Statistics Clarity Texture Res question.
The texture sizes are being reduced to lower the performance cost. They are being blurred quite a bit so there isn't really any detail being lost. In the testing I did this seemed to be the best balance between performance and quality but if you want to try running them at full resolution you can change these line in Clarity.fx
texture ClarityTex{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH*0.5; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT*0.5; Format = R8; };
texture ClarityTex2{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH*0.5; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT*0.5; Format = R8; };
texture ClarityTex3{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH*0.25; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT*0.25; Format = R8; };
to
texture ClarityTex{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R8; };
texture ClarityTex2{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R8; };
texture ClarityTex3{ Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R8; };

If you do try running them at full resolution let me know what kind of performance hit you are seeing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Statistics Clarity Texture Res question.
Awesome ! , thanks guys. I really like to learn and become completely familiar with all of the reshade stuff. Just makes tweaking that much better.
I am going to just for kicks see if i can get my 780ti to run with Clarity at full res. I will post back asap with the fps results. Thanks again. :)

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Statistics Clarity Texture Res question.
So changed the 3 lines in Clarity to minus numeric values to get full res and left every thing else on in reshade and saw a 4fps drop just by changing those three values. In some spots i am already at 35 or so from 43 with reshade off so i cant afford the extra fps lose. So i need to put the stock values back....well that and I need more then 3gb of vram . The 780 ti was mighty at one time but these new games are getting done poorly which mean ones has to have a stupid amount of VRAM on hand to get good fps in areas. the game calls for 4 minimum so. Ether or i didn't see a visual difference in visual quality so no loss really leaving them to stock values :)

• Ioxa
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Statistics Clarity Texture Res question.

master2g wrote: So changed the 3 lines in Clarity to minus numeric values to get full res and left every thing else on in reshade and saw a 4fps drop just by changing those three values. In some spots i am already at 35 or so from 43 with reshade off so i cant afford the extra fps lose. So i need to put the stock values back....well that and I need more then 3gb of vram . The 780 ti was mighty at one time but these new games are getting done poorly which mean ones has to have a stupid amount of VRAM on hand to get good fps in areas. the game calls for 4 minimum so. Ether or i didn't see a visual difference in visual quality so no loss really leaving them to stock values :)

Thanks for sharing your results. Another thing you could try to reduce the performance cost is lowering the radius setting and increasing the offset, this could result in a much lower quality of blurring but it may not be very noticeable if you are using low strength values.

If you have a chance I'd be interested in seeing what kind of performance hit you see when using different radius values. In the old version I used multiple passes to create a bigger blur radius but for this one I used more samples per pass so it can be adjusted in the GUI, I think using more samples may have a bigger hit on cards that are limited on vram or have a small memory bandwidth, but I'm not really sure what is going on in the video card as its processing a shader.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.