Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!!

• NoMansReshade
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #1 by NoMansReshade Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!! was created by NoMansReshade
Cody Darr (creator of minecraft seus shaders) has been playing around with Reshade's source code. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! We NEED him to contribute!!!!

Tweet: CLICK ME

It features HDR 16-bit color buffers.... WHY HAS THIS NEVER HAPPENED ??????
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by NoMansReshade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!!
Understand that this is not an edit of ReShade itself but shader code.
"reconstructed HDR via inverted tone mapping" well, we've been doing that for ages, 1/1-x is simplest way to amplify bright pixels and get HDR of some sort. For my preset in Skyrim SE I inverted the tonemapping and color operators as well (if possible, some code is not bijective).

What game does: HDR data -> tonemapper-> LDR data.
As he knows what exact tonemapper the game uses, he can do this:
LDR data -> inverse tone mapping function-> HDR data. Entirely shadercode. Almost all tone mapping functions can be inversed.

I just wonder why SonicEther didn't take notice of ReShade yet. I'd welcome the idea to have him on the team of contributors, he has quite some talent.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Martigen
More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!!
Brilliant. Please encourage him to supply a patch to crosire so everyone can benefit!

• NoMansReshade
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #4 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!!
@Marty, COOL!!! So it IS possible to have HDR bloom with Reshade in a sense? And can the currently implemented bloom in the default shader pack use HDR input??

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, it always has been. It's just hard to tweak because often the tonemapping parameters are not known and false guesses could lead to extreme results. Elite Dangerous is a good game for that because the space scenes are mostly dark with some small bright patches, every bloom will look good on it.
About the current bloom, idk. It's a very old SweetFX code and no one of us really bothered to write a good one that's release ready.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.