Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!

• aynou
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by aynou Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please! was created by aynou
Hello everyone ! :D
I've been trying for years to achieve this look to my simulator fsx using reshade
And this is it :
prnt.sc/e42con
In this picture HDR was taken on p3d which is another simulator but it has integrated HDR
i thought with FSX and reshade HDR i could achieve that look !
This is how my simulator looks like :
www.simflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/displays-2.jpg
Please help me ! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!
Maybe some strong gamma correction?

But before I mislead you, no, you can't just "add HDR" to a picture.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ShoterXX.

• aynou
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by aynou Replied by aynou on topic Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!
I Didn't quite get your point here sir :)
Reshade has an HDR option !
The HDR settings that i want to get are :
Brightness:0.8
Bloom:0.9
Saturation:0.8
Couldn't find any of those on my reshade menu !

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 2 months ago #4 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!
Ok, we have some misconceptions we need to clear before going any further.

- ReShade's HDR is NOT the same as a game engine's HDR;
- ReShade's HDR is NOT actual HDR, it just tries to look like it. Quoting from the author:
/**
 * HDR
 * by Christian Cann Schuldt Jensen ~ CeeJay.dk
 * Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
 */

- You CANNOT get true HDR just from a single LDR image. The reason for this being that you are missing a lot of color information.

And therefore, what I said:

Maybe some strong gamma correction?
But before I mislead you, no, you can't just "add HDR" to a picture.

You CANNOT make your image HDR, but I was pointing you towards an idea of what might make it look like the original one you mentioned.

• aynou
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #5 by aynou Replied by aynou on topic Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!
Got it sir ! :) Sorry about that ! Where can i find gamma correction ? :)

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 2 months ago #6 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!
I don't work with ReShade 3.0, but I think LiftGammaGain should do the trick. Lower the gamma equally for all colors, then try going from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aynou

• aynou
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #7 by aynou Replied by aynou on topic Help achieve this look to my simulator ! :)Please!
Thank you very much sir i appreciate your assistance it's quite hard to get the sweet spot but it's the closest !

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.