Shaders Problems

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #1 by Exilium Shaders Problems was created by Exilium
I'm waiting for a fix for this since the Reshade Framework. It costs nothing to take a little time to review these effects.

Ambient Light
Horizontal lines in any settings:

Emboss
Depth Check not work. Depth Check, if enabled, shader compares emboss samples depth to avoid artifacts at object borders, But as you can see, we have no change at all:

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Exilium.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Shaders Problems
First one looks more like dithering to me than AL.
Second one, well, you're using totally crazy settings there, not sure if depth check works properly then.

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #3 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Shaders Problems
Marty McFly wrote:
First one looks more like dithering to me than AL.

No, I removed all the textures just because I thought it was that, but it continues like this.

Marty McFly wrote:
Second one, well, you're using totally crazy settings there, not sure if depth check works properly then.

Well, I put these extreme settings just to show as an example, but in the normal settings I use, you can clearly see that the depth check does not work. But I think I know why. The Emboss was not ported by the creator, but by an amateur who said "just compared some shaders of Reshade 3.x.x and Reshade 2.x.x, and worked!".
Maybe the bearing has not been done well. I did not find the Emboss anywhere else. In fact, it has a lot of problems with various effects, I can list them here for a fix. I already navigated in all the effects and I already tested all the possible configurations of each one, I already discovered a lot. But, I see that some of the creators do not care about it, very sad.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Shaders Problems
Hmm, dithering is not texture based, so I don't know what you mean by that.
About emboss, I think it's not a good effect anyways, only wrote it to satisfy a request. And it's not in the github repo?

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #5 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Shaders Problems
Marty McFly wrote:
Hmm, dithering is not texture based, so I don't know what you mean by that.

Oh sorry! I was thinking that you were talking about the "Lens Dirt" option of Ambient Light.

Marty McFly wrote:
About emboss, I think it's not a good effect anyways, only wrote it to satisfy a request. And it's not in the github repo?

No, unfortunately not. I actually do not really like this effect either, but it's the only one that comes close to anything like Normal Maps. Me and the best modders in the world of NFS are practically redoing the game "Need For Speed Underground 2", but until now it was impossible to add Normal Maps, the engine that the game was developed does not allow us. The only solution so far has been the Emboss, and as you can see, full of problems. We will not be able to add any kind of textures, Normal, Displacement, Specular... We've tried in all ways.

Plus: I saw your VXR, looks nice, better than RBM!

• SoZ
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6 by SoZ Replied by SoZ on topic Shaders Problems
I am unsure whether or not you were able to resolve your issue, but I thought I'd share a link to a post I have just made regarding the dithering code within AmbientLight.fx in case it is useful to you:
AmbientLight.fx (with dither toggle)

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Shaders Problems
Nice one! Thank you!

• Insomnia
More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders Problems

The Emboss was not ported by the creator, but by an amateur who said "just compared some shaders of Reshade 3.x.x and Reshade 2.x.x, and worked!".

That someone would be me lol.

Maybe the bearing has not been done well. I did not find the Emboss anywhere else.

This is why I decided to half ass port it tbh. I wanted it for ReShade 3.x and it worked fine in my space games. Last I remember I removed the depth check because I didn't know how to approach it.
And I would never upload any of my amateur ports to GitHub just because of this. Sorry but I can't do much better. :(

• Exilium
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #9 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Shaders Problems
Insomnia wrote:
That someone would be me lol.

Hey. :) Thanks for porting.Too bad you have removed this option. This effect is the only one that approaches something like a normal map. I tried to merge 3 shaders a while back, Emboss, RBM and High Pass Sharpening. I got something up that pretty interesting and quite close to a normal map. The problems were the Emboss, which creates black borders on the objects (due to the depth check that does not work), and the RBM that is not applied in all textures.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 11 months ago #10 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders Problems
If you are more accustomed with shader programming, please add a working depth check in the thread with all the ported ReShade 2.x effects. I barely know what the hell I'm doing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exilium

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.