Asking the impossible.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by master2g Asking the impossible. was created by master2g
Well i guess i am asking the impossible but so be it lol. I have some annoying banding going on in Need for Speed 2016. Its sky related mostly and i have tried using deband but i dont like the fact it takes away some details. The game is blurry as it is and requires a boat load of sharpening to clear it up. When i add deband to the mix it reduces the banding a bit . I end up losing some details even with only a slight banding reduction. My impossible question is this, is there any shader for 3.0 that would cure the banding issues im having. ? I use a GTX780 TI set to 10 bpc , accell DP cable and a Dell U3014 30 inch fully calibrated . NFS is the only game that does it with reshade so i know its related only to the preset and game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roxahris
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2 by roxahris Replied by roxahris on topic Asking the impossible.
This is not possible with ReShade. (Well, without the detail loss you describe, anyway.)

However, it may be possible to inject dithering with 3DMigoto. Added to the right stage in the render pipeline, it would drastically reduce banding with no reduction in detail. Doing that would require reverse-engineering the game's shaders, though, so don't expect to get it done without any shader knowledge.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by roxahris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #3 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Asking the impossible.
Well I'm no Crosire so I guess I'm out of luck ☺. I have played around with the load order and it's help a bit. I like the sharp.detail enough that I will live with the sky banding in order to keep it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.