How do LUTS work in reshade 3?

• SirArthurStreebGreebling
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by SirArthurStreebGreebling How do LUTS work in reshade 3? was created by SirArthurStreebGreebling
I'm trying to get the luts from the reshade shaders in this preset working in reshade 3 but I have no idea how to do it. These were made for Reshade 1.1.0.

---> www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/183/ ?

Could someone tell me how to do it? I've tried what i thought was the obvious thing to do and renamed the luts and replaced the original in the texture folder in Reshade 3, but nothing seems to be happening. Help would be much appreciated.

And Is the new Lut functionality a lot more basic than in the old Reshades? I remember the tuning palette and lut section had loads of parameters to tweak but there seems to be only two in Reshade 3.

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by SirArthurStreebGreebling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
That lut's 64^3, so you'll have to specify a different lut size in the preprocessor settings with
fLUT_TileSizeXY=32
and
fLUT_TileAmount=32

• Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #3 by SirArthurStreebGreebling Replied by SirArthurStreebGreebling on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
Is that in the in game settings somewhere or in a file? Cant seem to find it.

Thanks.

Edit: Got it, Thanks for the help.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by SirArthurStreebGreebling.

• VenomSnake23
More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by VenomSnake23 Replied by VenomSnake23 on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
Can you use luts like these on reshade 3? www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1498/ ? (specifically the Koji_canon_dslr lut)

I can get it actually working in-game but there is some weirdness to how some things look. You can see this in the aura around goku's legs and the cloud.

http://imgur.com/a/uw5vq
http://imgur.com/a/pmMgq
I've never tried using luts before so sorry if I sound stupid but I'd appreciate any help.

• brussell
More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?

VenomSnake23 wrote: Can you use luts like these on reshade 3? www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1498/ ? (specifically the Koji_canon_dslr lut)

I can get it actually working in-game but there is some weirdness to how some things look. You can see this in the aura around goku's legs and the cloud.

http://imgur.com/a/uw5vq
http://imgur.com/a/pmMgq
I've never tried using luts before so sorry if I sound stupid but I'd appreciate any help.

You have to change both "fLUT_TileSizeXY" and "LUT_TileAmount" to "16" in Shaders/LUT.fx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VenomSnake23

• VenomSnake23
More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by VenomSnake23 Replied by VenomSnake23 on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
When I change the those settings I get these errors in-game
http://imgur.com/a/twk2r
http://imgur.com/4em23Rg

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #7 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
Those cyan/magenta artifacts are due to an incorrect LUT size configuration, so you need to add
fLUT_TileSizeXY=32
fLUT_TileAmount=32
to your preprocessor definitions and change the values to the size of your lut. The ones on that nexus link are 16^3, so change both values to 16.
I strongly advise against modifying shader files if you don't know what you're doing.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by FierySwordswoman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VenomSnake23

• VenomSnake23
More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by VenomSnake23 Replied by VenomSnake23 on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
I got it working now. Thanks for the help! :)

• TreyM
More
6 years 11 months ago #9 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?

SirArthurStreebGreebling wrote: I'm trying to get the luts from the reshade shaders in this preset working in reshade 3 but I have no idea how to do it. These were made for Reshade 1.1.0.

---> www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/183/ ?

Could someone tell me how to do it? I've tried what i thought was the obvious thing to do and renamed the luts and replaced the original in the texture folder in Reshade 3, but nothing seems to be happening. Help would be much appreciated.

And Is the new Lut functionality a lot more basic than in the old Reshades? I remember the tuning palette and lut section had loads of parameters to tweak but there seems to be only two in Reshade 3.

Thanks.

Do you intend to distribute those LUTs?

• BeTa
More
6 years 11 months ago #10 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
hy there,

i would love if someone could make an easy to understand tutorial on how you can use LUT´s.
Because, im either totaly stupid or it just doesnt work dor me at all... :(
I tried everything that was suggested in this forum, still nothing..

im using the newest reshade, putting the LUT in the texture folder and editing the fx file so it uses the right LUT.
Then i edit the fLUT_TileSizeXY
and fLUT_TileAmount
and ingame, when i activate the LUT shader, nothing changes..

I do play @ 900p if this is important?!?!?!

PLS Halp :silly:

• VenomSnake23
More
6 years 11 months ago #11 by VenomSnake23 Replied by VenomSnake23 on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
http://imgur.com/PePOz2Z
Try putting the fLUT_TileSizeXY and fLut_TileAmount in the preprocessor definitions like this. It's what worked for me.

• Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #12 by SirArthurStreebGreebling Replied by SirArthurStreebGreebling on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?

TreyM wrote: Do you intend to distribute those LUTs?

Nah, just for personal use. Nice work with those presets by the way, i use those luts on pretty much everything.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago #13 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?

SirArthurStreebGreebling wrote: Nah, just for personal use. Nice work with those presets by the way, i use those luts on pretty much everything.

I'm curious what your response would be if Arthur said "yes".

• TreyM
More
6 years 11 months ago #14 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?
I would have requested he discuss it with me privately. :)

• TreyM
More
6 years 11 months ago #15 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic How do LUTS work in reshade 3?

SirArthurStreebGreebling wrote:

Nah, just for personal use. Nice work with those presets by the way, i use those luts on pretty much everything.

Cool. I'm glad you enjoy them.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.