CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO

• Lazmarr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by Lazmarr CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO was created by Lazmarr
Sorry if this is in the wrong section :/
Anyway I've found an effect file that has quite a few effects already in it which seem to work wonderfully. However I'm trying to get the raymarch AO to work correctly. It shows up in the game and deos a great job but the only problem is there are two problems, firstly tehre's 'dirty' look radially around the screen and I'm not sure which setting can remove this and secondly there's a small horizontal gap at the bottom of the screen where the effect is not applied :S
I also have an additional problem with Chromatic Aberration in that when I enable it, it makes teh image larger so it is not correctly on the screen.
I'd appreciate any help with this :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Lazmarr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO
First off, what kind of effect file do you use? I assume it's Martys Mastereffect. Yet there are different versions with different settings.

Ps. This thread should be moved to the Mastereffect section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• Lazmarr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by Lazmarr Replied by Lazmarr on topic CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO

brussell wrote: First off, what kind of effect file do you use? I assume it's Martys Mastereffect. Yet there are different versions with different settings.

Ehmm I'm using a mastereffect reborn 1.0.341 file.... at least i think it's what it is since it says that in the file itself :S
It also says continuation from 1.6.1 too
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Lazmarr.

• brussell
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO
Regarding CA: There are four parameters:
//CHROMATICABBERATION
#define ChromaticAmount                0.009   //[0.005 to 0.03] Amount of color shifting
#define LensSize                               0.55    //[0.5 to 1.0] some lens zoom to hide bugged edges due to texcoord modification
#define LensDistortion                      0.05    //[-0.3 to 0.3] distortion of image, fish eye effect
#define LensDistortionCubic              0.05    //[-0.3 to 0.3] distortion of image, fish eye effect, cube based

Try to increase LensSize starting with 0.5 until the zoom is not visible anymore.
The higher ChromaticAmount the higher LensSize have to be raised to achieve this. With negative values of ChromaticAmount one have to lower LensSize accordingly (contrary to the commentary, you can go below 0.5).
If you don't like the fisheye effect, set LensDistortion and LensDistortionCubic to zero.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by brussell.

• Marty McFly
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO
AO border on the bottom of the screen is due to the algorithm not being able to shoot rays below the screen border. That effect happens on all 4 borders but is most visible on the bottom.
The dirtiness of this effect is because of the bad blurring I used. Update to 1.1.111 to have a way better blur.

• Lazmarr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by Lazmarr Replied by Lazmarr on topic CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO

brussell wrote: Try to increase LensSize starting with 0.5 until the zoom is not visible anymore.
The higher ChromaticAmount the higher LensSize have to be raised to achieve this. With negative values of ChromaticAmount one have to lower LensSize accordingly (contrary to the commentary, you can go below 0.5).
If you don't like the fisheye effect, set LensDistortion and LensDistortionCubic to zero.

Yeah that seems to have fixed it, was the zoom portion, I tried going below 0.5 but it just ended up as a black screen although 0.5 did remove teh zoom altogether :)

Marty McFly wrote: AO border on the bottom of the screen is due to the algorithm not being able to shoot rays below the screen border. That effect happens on all 4 borders but is most visible on the bottom.
The dirtiness of this effect is because of the bad blurring I used. Update to 1.1.111 to have a way better blur.

Ahh glad it's a part of the AO :P
I do have an SSAO option in this preset but I can't seem to get it to work in my game, have you got any ideas?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.