FIneSharp Mode3 + Lumasharpen / Alternatives?!

• SurfNSlide
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1 by SurfNSlide FIneSharp Mode3 + Lumasharpen / Alternatives?! was created by SurfNSlide
Hi,

Ive been trying to fabricate my first decent own preset for Far Cry 5 now, using ReShade 3.1.1.

Right now I twiddling with the different sharpening algorithms and after what Ive read so far I decided to give Finesharp, FilmicAnamorphic Sharpen, LumaSharpen and Adaptive Sharpen a closer look.
My problem seems to be that even using way lower settings than sggested here for LumaSharpen i still get white edges on trees at night, if i go down even further until its acceptable, nothing is sharpened anymore really... I also tried to play with the other mentionaed sharpeners, but the only real workaround seems to be to work with Mode3 FineSharp, which ofc comes at a steep performance hit, which I would like to avoid if possible... This one actually manages to sharp what should be sharpened without brightening dark tree silhouettes too much at night (screenshot sadly not the best to showcase this as I recognized lateron, but now its daytime ingame and i forgot to extract that save file... ^^, more looking for suggestions what to try out anyway):

any suggestions?`thanks and best regards :)
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by SurfNSlide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic FIneSharp Mode3 + Lumasharpen / Alternatives?!
i cant see this image man

• SurfNSlide
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by SurfNSlide Replied by SurfNSlide on topic FIneSharp Mode3 + Lumasharpen / Alternatives?!
Oh dunno what happened there, but as I said its not really showing what I mean that great anyways. More looking ffor general advise regarding sharpening: Which one to use/combine and what good values could be. I like my textures being sharp, but trees should still have a bit of fuzziness in them, otherwise everything looks so angular...
As I said, I try toi make some more screenshots as soon as I can

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic FIneSharp Mode3 + Lumasharpen / Alternatives?!
Try use FilmicSharpenWithDepth+UnsharpMask

• SurfNSlide
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #5 by SurfNSlide Replied by SurfNSlide on topic FIneSharp Mode3 + Lumasharpen / Alternatives?!
I need depth buffer access for that I guess? Sadly that isn’t really possible in far cry 5 (for most people), I tried a lot fiddling with all the settings, nothing really seemed to work, depth buffer access only works in the world map when zoomed in. See also my second to last post in MXAO thread (or the ones before if you got lots of time :D):
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/187...h-il?start=620#27680

EDIT: I also found this:
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/395...sharpen?limitstart=0
Gonna try it out the next few days.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by SurfNSlide.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.