User Friendly Way to Check Depth Input Settings

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #1 by Daodan User Friendly Way to Check Depth Input Settings was created by Daodan
I think the current way to check for the right depth input settings - display depth, changing preprocessor definitions and reloading a couple of times - is a bit clumsy. And in order to make that a bit more user friendly I had the following ideas:
  • Have a shader that let's you change the depth input options (reversed, logarithmic, upside down) in real time
  • By default the shader shows you the derived normals and not the raw depth values - so you actually have a clue about what you're looking at and you see that the logarithmic setting actually makes a difference

Here's a rough draft of what I came up with: DisplayDepth
You just have to pick the 'Depth Settings' value that makes the output look the best.
What should be put into the preprocessor definitions is shown in the tooltip:
0: RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0
   RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
1: RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1
   RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
2: RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0
   RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=1
3: RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1
   RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=1

And what it then looks like:
Warning: Spoiler!

Your thoughts?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Daodan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtisInf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic User Friendly Way to Check Depth Input Settings
Great idea! I'd put this in as part of the existing DisplayDepth effect to avoid adding new files though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daodan

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic User Friendly Way to Check Depth Input Settings
Thanks! I forgot to mention that but adding these features to DisplayDepth would have been my suggestion anyway.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.