Some questions about the Motion Blur

• FLIR
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #1 by FLIR Some questions about the Motion Blur was created by FLIR
Hello,

I want to use Reshade with Dark Souls 3 (rendering it in 4K@30fps). The image detail is stunning in 4K, but the in-game motion blur (MB) blurs the image even when there is only little movement - too much detail is lost. But I can't simply turn the MB off: For stronger movement (like fast character animations or fast camera-panning) MB is necessary at 30fps.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to use Reshade for adding a MB that only blurs the image when there is stronger movement?
2. If yes, does Reshade MB add a lag/delay?
3. Is the MB very GPU intensive?

Thank you for help!
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by FLIR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• canceralp
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Some questions about the Motion Blur
1- Reshade MB is actually a frame blender. So there is no seperation of slow movements and fast ones, it's just so, if you move faster frame blending is more visible, thus making the effect speed-bound.
2- no
3- @4K 30FPS range, it would probably cost 2-3 FPS.

How about an opposite approach? Introduce a sharpening filter and try to reduce blurring effect in motion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.