How to load a LUT?

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #21 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic How to load a LUT?

F D B wrote: What I meant is if there's anyway to create a LUT in Photoshop that can be then loaded in MasterEffect, so I can see how it'll actually look for real.

go here docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/...orGrading/index.html , this gives a brief tut on how to do it , but basically what you do get your screenshot then take their image to start with place it in its own layer make a mask for each effect you want use levels for example apply until you get desired look and feel of your "ideal" game then control+a then flaten image then control+c and then past into new document
Steps:
1.download LUT
2.open in a separate layer in photoshop
3.apply mask layer for each desired effect
4.copy LUT layer after flattening image
5.paste LUT only into new doc
6.save apply
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Kleio420.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• F D B
More
8 years 9 months ago #22 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic How to load a LUT?
AMAZING! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
I'll have a handful learning all of this! :D

• xv0t
More
8 years 8 months ago #23 by xv0t Replied by xv0t on topic How to load a LUT?
I've tried several times to apply LUTs through both Framework and MasterEffects with not results, other than a slightly brighter picture.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #24 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic How to load a LUT?
There are two LUT shader in the Framework, ones is the old 2D LUT (which is called LUT) and the 3D LUT is part of the tuning palette shader in CustomFX suite. Its one of the options you can toggle for that shader. :-)

• xv0t
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #25 by xv0t Replied by xv0t on topic How to load a LUT?
thanks for the reply.
I've been using the 3D LUT, via ColorLUTOrig.png. As is mentioned before in this thread, I tweak a vanilla screenshot to my liking using various image adjustments in PS (such as vibrance, hue, levels, etc), and apply these to the ColorLUTOrig.png file. Once that's done, I move the png to the CustomFX/Textures folder, and use the following settings in mediator:

yet, it only brightens up the preview image, same happens with Master Effects.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by xv0t.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #26 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic How to load a LUT?
That should work.

Did you activate the effect in the effect ordering tab?

Can you check the .png value in the CustomFX_settings.cfg?

What is the size (height x width) of your test.png?

• xv0t
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #27 by xv0t Replied by xv0t on topic How to load a LUT?
Yes, well, I might be missing something, so here's how the table looks like:

(only SMAA and LUT are checked)

as for the second question, I hope you mean this:
#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "test.png" //[undef] //-Needs to have 256x16 pixels

and the png is 256 x 16 at 24 bits

weirdest thing is that loading external LUT tables doesn't seem to work either, I just get a brighter image as with the rest.
I have a GTX 970 running on 353.49 if that matters/helps.

I would also like to take this opportunity to commend you and all the people involved in the creation of the framework, it's a neat little tool, thank you all for the time you've put into this :)
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by xv0t.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #28 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic How to load a LUT?
That explains it. The shader you activated there is the 2d LUT shader from McFX suite. You need to activate the TuningPalette shader from CustomFX suite (one of the left most shader) :-)

• xv0t
More
8 years 8 months ago #29 by xv0t Replied by xv0t on topic How to load a LUT?
haha, damn it! that was so silly
thanks for the help and keep up the good work!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.