How to generate neutral LUT.png with custom param?

• Pendel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by Pendel How to generate neutral LUT.png with custom param? was created by Pendel
Have any free tool or script special for it? :unsure:
I mean custom parameters - dimensions, palette(?), etc. Wanna to play with this shader.

Marty McFly wrote: With my LUT generator shader I can generate you any LUT dimension, also uneven ones (where the X dimension isn't Y^2 like it is with 256x16 etc). :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fu-Bama
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic How to generate neutral LUT.png with custom param?
I have not used Marty McFly LUT generator.
But here's a shader that can generate any-size LUT. Handy to bake some ReShade effects into one texture:
github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders/blob/.../Shaders/LUTTools.fx
there are 2 techniques, "DisplayLUT" and "ApplyLUT", you would be interested in DisplayLUT. It will display generated neutral LUT in left top corner, you can adjust size (it represents box dimensions and number of boxes). Then take a screenshot and crop image to LUT size.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Fu-Bama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendel

• Pendel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Pendel Replied by Pendel on topic How to generate neutral LUT.png with custom param?

Fu-Bama wrote: Then take a screenshot and crop image to LUT size.

So it not very clear and direct method.
Maybe anyone known about Marty McFly LUT generator?, can't pm him, I do not see this option on forum.

• Fu-Bama
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic How to generate neutral LUT.png with custom param?

Pendel wrote:

Fu-Bama wrote: Then take a screenshot and crop image to LUT size.

So it not very clear and direct method.
Maybe anyone known about Marty McFly LUT generator?, can't pm him, I do not see this option on forum.

Then use this script to generate texture github.com/Fubaxiusz/shadron-shaders/blo...eutral%20LUT.shadron
But you have to have Shadron www.arteryengine.com/shadron/
To save PNG just drag the LUT image onto desktop.

But I see the screenshot method more convenient, since you already have the reference image in the background to visualize your tweaks, and still you have to open and edit LUT in some graphics software like photoshop or Gimp to make it do anything.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Fu-Bama.

• Pendel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Pendel Replied by Pendel on topic How to generate neutral LUT.png with custom param?
Thank you.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.