Output depth map to file

• IlYA
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by IlYA Output depth map to file was created by IlYA
Hi, tell me how to display the depth map is not on the screen and in the file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Output depth map to file
Just download the effect " DisplayDepth.fx " from Reshade's installer or from the official GitHub repository and, once in game, activate it.

• IlYA
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by IlYA Replied by IlYA on topic Output depth map to file
I need a depth map with great accuracy, if I take a screenshot, then I will get an accuracy of 8 bits. What should I add to the file DisplayDepth.fx to save the depth map to a file?

• Daodan
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Output depth map to file

IlYA wrote: What should I add to the file DisplayDepth.fx to save the depth map to a file?

It is not possible for a shader to save an image.

The only way to save (screenshot) the depth buffer in it's native format is to add an image format to ReShade that can use more than 8 bits per channel (e.g. openEXR).

• IlYA
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by IlYA Replied by IlYA on topic Output depth map to file
Do I need to modify the ReShade project? I would be very grateful if you could help me with this. I don't know how to do it well enough.

• Daodan
More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Output depth map to file
If we take OpenEXR as an example you would need to add that repo (and some of its dependencies) as a submodule to the ReShade Visual Studio project. Then you can use the OpenEXR API to save a screenshot (even as floating point). Unfortunately I can't help you with that as I have no extended knowledge of Visual Studio and ReShade (other than some GUI stuff).

• sahupooja10
More
3 years 6 months ago #7 by sahupooja10 Replied by sahupooja10 on topic Output depth map to file
I would like to know if you had any luck with the mentioned problem statement. I also have to do the same. It shall be great if you could help.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.