sweetfx preset to reshade conversion.

• mips
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by mips sweetfx preset to reshade conversion. was created by mips
Ok so I'm starting Alan Wake but the gfx are not to my choice, i liked k-putt's sweetfx preset but it nolonger works. I know zip about sweetfx or reshade but I would really appreciate it if someone can help with a conversion.

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/402/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jas01
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #2 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic sweetfx preset to reshade conversion.
It's not that hard. You should be able to do it yourself - With a little help.

1. Chose to download the following shaders (ReShade installation):
LUMASHARPEN
LIFTGAMMAGAIN
CURVES
TRIDITHER
2. Enable your game and create a preset. Enable all previously mentioned effects.
3. Look for the name of your preset ini file in the main directory of your game.
4. Edit your ini file. Find your three (tridither doesn't need editing) effects and change their values to their counterparts from SweetFX. Names are the same - You just need to edit the numbers in your preset ini file. LIFTGAMMAGAIN/CURVES are the core of this preset and it's look.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by jas01. Reason: clarity

• jas01
More
4 years 11 months ago #3 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic sweetfx preset to reshade conversion.
I don't think you need to edit lumasharpen too much (just change the strength to your liking). Alan wake is a pretty cool game (and it's still good looking). Make sure to check it out with another shader called MagicBloom. Enabling SMAA should also improve it's look.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.