White balance

• supercento
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1 by supercento White balance was created by supercento
Greetings.

I'm trying to create a preset for Euro Truck Simulator 2 that increases realism by adding a little bloom for daytime effect or sunlight.

The problem is, if I add the bloom, any building that is white will start to glow, so I would like to know if there is a shader or some way to balance the whites so that they become greyer in these conditions and reduce the effect.

Example without and with preset

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by supercento.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Faustus86
More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic White balance
Hey. Realism is alway's highly subjective but when i look at the picture below, there is not much bloomy going on.

But it look's nice ;)

Shaders you could use to rebalance white point or turn light whites into grey:
Personally i am using photoshop+LUT but you could also use:

Lightroom.fx (exposure, white curve) by MartyMcFly
github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT

Or
WhitePointAdjuster.fx by crabshank
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/5623-white-point-adjuster

Tonemapping might also help.
It's also interesting to know wich bloom.fx you are using. There are a lot of different bloom effects. Quint also has a bloom effect wich is highly adjustable. You could also have a closer look into

bloomingHDR.fx by BlueSkyDefender wich has an interesting function for auto-adjustment. It's one of my favorites.
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/tree/...native%20Shaders/HDR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.