Can I use a shader in a mod download?

• Vreem
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #1 by Vreem Can I use a shader in a mod download? was created by Vreem
On the main page here it states: "Do NOT share the binaries or shader files. Link users to this website instead."
In the mod I made now I do that: it only contains my INI file and for the rest I send them to here.
But, I want to use the same shader for 2 different times in the game ... night or day time in RDR2. To do so, I have to bind keys to the shader. And as far as I know, that can only be done to set a shader active or non active. But I use the same shader.
Is it allowed to only rename the shader (Vignette.fx), both file name and inside the FX itself, but only that. So no alterations of the code itself. Then include the FX files in the mod download but giving full credit of the original FX file to here?
Or is there a possibility to toggle two different shader settings of the same shader in 1 INI file?
I hope this is a bit clear, English is not my native tongue :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can I use a shader in a mod download?
Shouldn't become common practise, but sounds like a reasonable request, so yeah, should be fine. If possible try to only include those modified files (and add a comment somewhere that clearly marks them as being modified) and have users download the rest of ReShade as usual.

• Vreem
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #3 by Vreem Replied by Vreem on topic Can I use a shader in a mod download?
Okay, thanks.
And that was my intention yes: only my INI and the renamed shader and the rest must me downloaded here.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.