Framework + Euda's PPFX

• SunBroDave
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by SunBroDave Framework + Euda's PPFX was created by SunBroDave
Hey Lucifer, so there were a couple of effects from Euda's PPFX pack that I wanted to try on top of the Framework effects, but I couldn't get them to work together. So I tried including PPFX's ReShade.fx (renamed, of course) at the top of the ReShade.fx that came with the Framework, and it seemed like it was working to some degree because any edits to the PPFX ReShade.fx cause the Framework to recompile, but strange enough, the PPFX effects could only be triggered when the Framework was disabled. So if I had the Framework toggle set to Scroll Lock and the PPFX toggle set to Spacebar, then if I toggled PPFX on while the Framework was enabled, there'd be no change on screen, but if I toggled off the Framework then I would see Vanilla+PPFX effects.

TL;DR: Any way to add other shaderpacks on top of the Framework?
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, jas01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX
As Marty said already, I think it is best if he ports it to be part of the McFX suite but in the end its up to Euda cause he has to agree first that it becomes part of the base framework that every user gets. :cheer:

• SunBroDave
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX
Agreed, that would be the best option. Besides SSDO, the only other effect I would really like to see from Euda's is his bloom method, which has much more finer controls than Marty's which is currently in the framework. With Euda's permission would you have the time to port his bloom and add it to GEMFX in the framework alongside Marty's?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX
Sorry that I missed your comment SunBroDave, I tried to contact Euda via Google+ but to no avail so far. :ohmy:
Without him agreeing, I wouldn't want to add his work to the "base" Framework but I could show you how you can add it yourself. (unless someone has concerns about that?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, jas01

• Kleio420
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX

LuciferHawk wrote: Sorry that I missed your comment SunBroDave, I tried to contact Euda via Google+ but to no avail so far. :ohmy:
Without him agreeing, I wouldn't want to add his work to the "base" Framework but I could show you how you can add it yourself. (unless someone has concerns about that?)

the liftgamma shader he uses seems to have a much more subtle nicer effect imo then what sweetfx even uses imo, also the tonemap shader has a setting to "darken" blacks again which ive seen get messed up in tonemap versions like the uncharted one which end up making the image look super washed out
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• SunBroDave
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX

LuciferHawk wrote: Sorry that I missed your comment SunBroDave, I tried to contact Euda via Google+ but to no avail so far. :ohmy:

Sure Lucifer that'd be great, thanks.

• jas01
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX

LuciferHawk wrote: I wouldn't want to add his work to the "base" Framework but I could show you how you can add it yourself. (unless someone has concerns about that?)

Hello LuciferHawk :)

I know that you're busy at the moment, but can you tell me (in near future) how to get to work Euda LiftGammaGain, bloom and maybe Tonemap with Framework?

Best wishes,
jas01

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX
Euda contacted me a couple of days ago and said he would like to implement it himself, since he will have a bit more time from now on. :)
Let's be patient.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, jas01

• Ioxa
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX

jas01 wrote:

LuciferHawk wrote: I wouldn't want to add his work to the "base" Framework but I could show you how you can add it yourself. (unless someone has concerns about that?)

I know that you're busy at the moment, but can you tell me (in near future) how to get to work Euda LiftGammaGain, bloom and maybe Tonemap with Framework?

Best wishes,
jas01

The quick way to add them would be to rename the ReShade.fx file that comes with PPFX to something like PPFX.fx then open the ReShade.fx file that comes with the Framework and add the line #include "PPFX.fx" at the very bottom of the effect ordering. Just make sure there is a blank line under that added line or it could cause crashes. It should look something like this.

Warning: Spoiler!

You could experiment with putting the include line in different places but you may get some redefinition errors.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX

Ioxa wrote:

jas01 wrote:

Best wishes,
jas01

The quick way to add them would be to rename the ReShade.fx file that comes with PPFX to something like PPFX.fx then open the ReShade.fx file that comes with the Framework and add the line #include "PPFX.fx" at the very bottom of the effect ordering. Just make sure there is a blank line under that added line or it could cause crashes. It should look something like this.

You could experiment with putting the include line in different places but you may get some redefinition errors.

also if they dont feel like doing that or it doesnt work , c/p the entire file into reshade file and place the folder in the exe directory and it will run , but seems to not work with the current version of mastereffect marty put out using anything with depth i think conflicts somehow with the way i have it setup and crashs the game instantly

• jas01
More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Framework + Euda's PPFX

Kleio420 wrote:

Ioxa wrote:

also if they dont feel like doing that or it doesnt work , c/p the entire file into reshade file and place the folder in the exe directory and it will run , but seems to not work with the current version of mastereffect marty put out using anything with depth i think conflicts somehow with the way i have it setup and crashs the game instantly

_____

Thank you all. I guess that I should wait for next framework release. It just doesn't work for me. I'm using many effects from Framework - so maybe I have conflict. PPFX works only when all of his effects are turned on.

Best wishes, (and sorry for my poor grammar)
jas01

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.