Ambient Light Color

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Solano Ambient Light Color was created by Solano
Hi LuciverHawk,

was wondering how to give the ambient light a specific color?
I know you can choose the mode warm,cold and color dependent but if I choose warm its still cold and blue :/.

Where do I need to change something to make it warmer or more neutral like just white?

Thanks in advance.

Solano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Ambient Light Color

Solano wrote: Hi LuciverHawk,

was wondering how to give the ambient light a specific color?
I know you can choose the mode warm,cold and color dependent but if I choose warm its still cold and blue :/.

Where do I need to change something to make it warmer or more neutral like just white?

Thanks in advance.

Solano

"Warm" will emphasize what has already warm color but also reduce the cold colors.
"Light Dependent" is closest to white. It basically takes what is already their without altering the ambient light color (its a mix between blue and red [so no green]).

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Ambient Light Color
When I set it to warm it looks exactly like cold. That is the problem. I use it on top of a LUT which is 100% applied to the game (Arma3 in this case).

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Ambient Light Color
Then move LUT shader in front of the ambient light shader.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Ambient Light Color
That really made a difference in the intensity! Thanks.
But Warm is still blue.

I didnĀ“t modified the ambienlight core code.

Here are my settings (if it is important or helpful somehow):

//>Ambient Light Settings<\\
#define alDebug 0 //[0:1] //-Activates debug mode of AL, upper bar shows detected light, lower bar shows adaptation
#define alInt 14.50 //[0.00:20.00] //-Base intensity of AL
#define alThreshold 12.00 //[0.00:100.00] //-Reduces intensity for not bright light

//>AL Adaptation Parameters<\\
#define AL_Adaptation 1 //[undef] //-Activates adaptation algorithm for the following features
#define AL_HQAdapt 0 //[undef] //-Determines the accuracy of the adaptation algorithm
#define alAdapt 1.75 //[undef] //-Intensity of AL correction for bright light
#define alAdaptBaseMult 0.55 //[undef] //-Multiplier for adaption applied to the original image
#define alAdaptBaseBlackLvL 4 //[undef] //-Distinction level of black and white (lower => less distinct)
#define alAdaptBloomMult 0.0 //[undef] //-Multiplier for adaption applied to the bloom shader
#define alAdaptFlareMult 0.0 //[undef] //-Multiplier for adaption applied to the anam flare shader
#define AL_HeatHazeControle 0 //[undef] //-Controles the HeatHaze effect with the AL shader
#define Depth_HeatHazeControle 0 //[undef] //-Controles the HeatHaze effect with the depth buffer
#define alAdaptHeatMult 0.0 //[undef] //-Multiplier for adaption applied to the HeatHaze shader

//>Additional AL Settings<\\
#define AL_Dirt 0 //[0:1] //-No description given
#define AL_Vibrance 0 //[0:1] //-Vibrance of dirt effect
#define AL_Adaptive 0 //[0|1|2] //-0 = Warm, 1 = Cold, 2 = Light Dependent
#define alDirtInt 0.00 //[0.0:2.0] //-Intensity of dirt effect
#define alDirtOVInt 0.0 //[0.0:2.0] //-Intensity of colored dirt effect
#define AL_Lens 0 //[0:1] //-Lens effect based on AL
#define alLensThresh 0.0 //[0.0:1.0] //-Reduces intensity of lens effect for not bright light
#define alLensInt 0.0 //[0.0:10.0] //-Intensity of lens effect
#define AmbientLight_ToggleKey VK_F11 //[undef] //-

Regards
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Solano.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Ambient Light Color

LuciferHawk wrote: Then move LUT shader in front of the ambient light shader.

So i got an idea for a thread and something to put in as a readme for framework , would it be possible for you to go a little more into detail on how the ambient light shader works to make configuring it simpler for end users i know they have a description but if you knew how that setting was actually effecting the scene it might help to decide if thats something a person wants to change around more so then another setting.Would like to be able to throw in a document explaining more in depth of how the shader works or how its intended to be used as a rough guide to help make things more simple

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #7 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Ambient Light Color
Currently, to make this effect work, activate alDirt and increase alOVInt.

@Kleio420, I will get back to your question later :)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solano

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #8 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Ambient Light Color

LuciferHawk wrote: Currently, to make this effect work, activate alDirt and increase alOVInt.

Ah! Thanks - That was just what I needed.

I solved it for me like this, in case other users want to know:

When setting:
#define AL_Adaptive 1 //[0|1|2] //-0 = Warm, 1 = Cold, 2 = Light Dependent
-- in the texture folder of GemFX the "dirtOVB.png" gets used

when setting:
#define AL_Adaptive 0 //[0|1|2] //-0 = Warm, 1 = Cold, 2 = Light Dependent
-- in the texture folder of GemFX the "dirtOVR.png" gets used.

Recolor these PNGs and you can control the tint ingame of the Ambient Light.

Thanks LuciferHawk
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Solano.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.