How to make lights like fire brighter and better?

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Hiro1221 How to make lights like fire brighter and better? was created by Hiro1221
I finally got some stuff going in ESO thanks to everyone in my other posts about beginners tutorials. Looks great but I would like the lights around to brighter as in fires, lamp posts, lightning bugs, etc. while keep everything else not in the light realistically dark. Run around in forest areas a lot as well as caves in ESO so would like to make those places feel more real.

What settings do I need to mess with for that part of the graphics? Also wouldn't mind some setting ideas that may get this working. Basically want realism lighting like in Skyrim for ESO. Know it won't be the exact same since they are different games but as close as possible. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic How to make lights like fire brighter and better?
The LEVELS and LIFTGAMMAGAIN effects may be exactly what you're looking for. LEVELS will let you change the brightness value at which things become absolutely dark (read: black), so by cranking up the black point value you can make things that arent by light sources darker. LIFTGAMMAGAIN can be used similarly but with a greater degree of control. You can make shadows darker by lowering the corresponding values in LIFTGAMMAGAIN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro1221

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Hiro1221 Replied by Hiro1221 on topic How to make lights like fire brighter and better?
Thanks a lot. Did the trick. Do you happen to know what setting would make the text in my game mess up? I can still read if I focus but it's pretty bad looking. Seems like they are blurry and distorted. I'm using this person's preset: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3758/

• DrakePhoenix
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by DrakePhoenix Replied by DrakePhoenix on topic How to make lights like fire brighter and better?

Hiro1221 wrote: Thanks a lot. Did the trick. Do you happen to know what setting would make the text in my game mess up? I can still read if I focus but it's pretty bad looking. Seems like they are blurry and distorted. I'm using this person's preset: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3758/

The blurred text issue is probably, I think, due to the SMAA Corner Rounding being set to full 100. After looking through the code for SMAA and the pre-defined presets, higher quality presets always lower the corner rounding value. Also, one of the versions of SweetFX (1.5.1 I think) includes notes in the settings file for that value that states that higher values of corner rounding can result in more distortions to text detail.

I suggest lowering the Corner Rounding down to 25 or less (I personally almost never use more than 10) and see if that helps.

Good Luck,
Drake Phoenix
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro1221

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Hiro1221 Replied by Hiro1221 on topic How to make lights like fire brighter and better?
Tyvm. Will try it out.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.