Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

• Chavolatra
More
6 years 2 months ago #561 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
have specific topic for AA (SMAA) for talk this ?
The topic has been locked.
  • sets
More
6 years 2 months ago #562 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
my stats show MXAO 4 passess 2.752942ms (GPU)
is this a good number ?
  • moriz1
More
6 years 2 months ago #563 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

sets wrote: my stats show MXAO 4 passess 2.752942ms (GPU)
is this a good number ?

if your game is running at 60 fps (16.67 ms per frame), then an increase of 2.75 ms means that you are now running at 1/(0.01667+0.00275) = 51.49 fps.

this is a pretty significant loss.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #564 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Most of MXAO performance hit is because of input buffer setup, in environments with stuff like this already available, it'd be much faster.
Also, what settings do you use?
  • sets
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #565 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

moriz1 wrote:

sets wrote: my stats show MXAO 4 passess 2.752942ms (GPU)
is this a good number ?

if your game is running at 60 fps (16.67 ms per frame), then an increase of 2.75 ms means that you are now running at 1/(0.01667+0.00275) = 51.49 fps.

this is a pretty significant loss.

alright thanks, what if i'm running on 30FPS ? can you do the math for me i suck at math :unsure:

Marty McFly wrote: Most of MXAO performance hit is because of input buffer setup, in environments with stuff like this already available, it'd be much faster.

here is my settings

Warning: Spoiler!

well currently MXAO shaders don't work on the game im playing properly so i'm only using it to take screenshots (there are white rectangles on the screen)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by sets.
  • Arkane
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #566 by Arkane Replied by Arkane on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
@Marty McFly
Hello
I have a problem with MXAO 3.4.3

When I switch MXAO_TWO_LAYERS to 1, I get this message in the log:
D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\Shader@0x03AB7580(108,10-93): error X4579: NaN and infinity literals not allowed by shader model
D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\reshade-shaders\Shaders\MXAO.fx(425, 6): error: internal shader compilation failed

Can you help me pls?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Arkane.
  • moriz1
More
6 years 1 month ago #567 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

sets wrote: alright thanks, what if i'm running on 30FPS ? can you do the math for me i suck at math :unsure:

1 / (0.03333+0.00275) = 27.72 fps. 2.28 fps loss.

the higher your framerate, the more relative effect it has.
  • moriz1
More
6 years 1 month ago #568 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: Most of MXAO performance hit is because of input buffer setup, in environments with stuff like this already available, it'd be much faster.

any functions declared in a function, is also available for other shaders, right?

does this mean that we should write shaders in a way that checks if these buffers are already present, and only create new ones if none are available?
  • The0roboroSpace
More
6 years 1 month ago #569 by The0roboroSpace Replied by The0roboroSpace on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
@Marty McFly
There seem to be some errors that I get when trying to use MXAO.
I want to use the newest version but the errors stop MXAO from compiling.
Here are the errors that I seem to be getting.

sorry if i'd posted this in the wrong area. never really post.
  • Kleio420
More
6 years 1 month ago #570 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
if a game has what i would almost call small geometry details as the ao doesnt really show up into detail unless your really zoomed in on a character is there anyway to fix this ? i will post a pic later to better describe the question.
  • UTwelve
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #571 by UTwelve Replied by UTwelve on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

new 3.4.3, looks like this
The previous version(3.1.0) was all right.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by UTwelve.
  • sanskyer
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #572 by sanskyer Replied by sanskyer on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Hi Marty! Hi guys!

I spent several hours for tuning MXAO in ReShade 3.0.8. Got a good result on different surfaces (interior, exterior, grass)...
Then update to 3.1.2 (with saved preset), and found that the number of options became noticeably smaller. With poor result for the image. I can`t repeat past results.
Please, where can I find the old version of MXAO shader?

UPD: Found at 1 page.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by sanskyer.
  • Kleio420
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #573 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
First image is a view from far away , any small detail in the scene is lost

i.imgur.com/DRfmKlb.png?1

second one is zoomed in

i.imgur.com/b8sHORY.png?1

my question is there a way mxao could be worked to show better detail for game similar to this ? or is it a lost cause due to how the depth works on this

not sure why i cant use the bbcode to show this in the post
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Kleio420.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #574 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
@UITwelve: that'll be my culling pass not liking the very high frequency details...gotta make it optional.

@sanskyer: I've renamed the settings at some point, the UPPER_CASE_ONES are new and the bOldOnes are old. They serve no purpose anymore and cannot affect the shader in any way. It's common for ReShade configs to accumulate obsolete settings.

@Kleio420: in theory, this should not happen, MXAO sample radius tries to be coherent in world space. There is something funny going on with your depth buffer however, as that pillar on the left shouldn't have such a shadow around it, so I assume you're using linearization settings which aren't fitting for the game. Also, consider that if you're zooming out, details that were 30+ pixels large are then only 1-2 pixels large, where MXAO cannot infer any proper shadowing.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
  • Kleio420
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #575 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: @UITwe
@Kleio420:

so cause theres probably no easy way to figure the depth of swtor out easily without wasting time away from what reshade is designed for generic post,say that the depth is handled that way in the engine for performance reasons and maybe that would cause mxao to behave this way (nvidia hbao+ does same thing)im thinking that it just out right cant get the info for those small details cause they dont exist till your zoomed in was just wanting your opinion on it since you designed mxao. The game does have ssao but its really noisy but oddly places better then driver or mxao does.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Kleio420.
  • sets
More
6 years 1 month ago #576 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
i have this weird problem when using IL
the IL effect areas will appear for 2 seconds, then disappear for another 2 seconds, i was standing in a place, not moving at all. it's like turning on and off MXAO per 2 seconds that's really strange
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #577 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Okay that's weird and should definitely not happen. Which version of ReShade and MXAO are you using on which game?

@Kleio420: depends, I'd say from your screenshot you're using logarithmic depth option. Disable it and try tweaking the far plane parameter. Remember it's behaves somewhat exponentially so changes from 100 to 1000 to 10000 are similar in effect.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
  • crosire
More
6 years 1 month ago #578 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Simply sounds like its a multiplayer game and ReShade disables depth access every now and then.
  • Kleio420
More
6 years 1 month ago #579 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
log depth causes weird glitches , i noticed enabling fov tweak helps improve little but causes shading where it shouldnt be , think its just a weird game how it handles things ,mostly just curious and ive never noticed reshade disabling on this game
  • brother_david
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #580 by brother_david Replied by brother_david on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Im getting a few issue too, that i didnt have in the earlier MXAO for Reshade 3.0 (using 3.0.8.) and the latest version MXAO. Im getting weird shading on walls, diagonal dotted lines. Ill jus revert back to the previous MXAO since i have a backup but wanted you to know if it helps and all that.

Love your shaders btw, using RBM to get a good looking fresnel effect on car paint in Beamng, although im having a few issues with depth and so on.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by brother_david.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.