[WIP] Control reshade from within the game!

• TaroNuke
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by TaroNuke [WIP] Control reshade from within the game! was created by TaroNuke
So with a bit of help from Crosire, I managed to get the explosion shader to react based on how much time is left on the timer-type shader. Since then, I have been making "impulse" variants of many different shaders, with a bunch of different controllable parameters.

By creative a static variable in my fork of the music game "OpenITG", I was able to get a patch of data (that I could locate through Cheat Engine) that was readable via an external program with the ability to press keys. The program checks for changes in this value and sends that value to windows as a key press. The key presses, naturally, being linked to reshade's shaders.

This is a test video:

And here's how it'd be used in an actually challenging stage:
Warning: Spoiler!

Just thought people may be interested in my journey.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by TaroNuke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [WIP] Control reshade from within the game!
This is amazing! Using programmed key presses to send data to ReShade is really creative. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TaroNuke

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] Control reshade from within the game!
This is fantastic! More of a technical question, is it possible to pass such data as "key presses" to unassigned keys like 0x07?

• Sh1nRa358
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic [WIP] Control reshade from within the game!
I proposed something similar before but it was to name a texture to a txt file when it was displayed in-game and when it wasnt displayed, the txt file would disappear and I had made the ahk script to read if that txt file was there for it (and change respective settings in reshade along with it) but no one wanted to make reshade dump the user defined shader name to the txt file, tsk tsk tsk. So I did it with getpixelcolor etc with ahk but it isn't as accurate as getting that texture name would be :P

It can also be done with ahk by reading memory addresses of things in-game which is even more accurate but requires way more work. So the above would be easiest for me at least.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.