3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• dark1970
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1441 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
The question is probably off topic, but still: In the Doom Eternal game (for one player only) I use the Superdepth3D.fx shader. There is 3d in the game menu, but not in the game 3d. In the ReShade menu on the “Vulkan” tab it says: “High network activity was detected. Depth buffer access disabled to prevent exploitation“.Windows reinstalled, internet disconnected, nothing helps!” Maybe you know how to solve this problem?

p.s. figured out
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by dark1970.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1442 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Strange From what I checked with my copy on steam it only does it Bethesda Online Log in at the start of the game. Once it logs in it stops when you get to the main menu. Then when you start the game it does some kind check quickly then no more for some time.

Where did you get your copy? Is it the Bethesda Store copy?
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• dark1970
More
4 years 1 month ago #1443 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
not. pirate! but I found offlinecrack! now it's fine! can you give Superdepth3D settings for Doom Eternal please?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #1444 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Never said you were a pirate. I was asking where did you get your copy. So I can ask people if they are having the same problem.

:P Now you sound guilty over nothing.

It's already out. Download Overwatch.fxh

• guillerodriguezv
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #1445 by guillerodriguezv Replied by guillerodriguezv on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
3D Depth Map VR App.

This is what I been waiting for, really badass app man, I just been playing Doom Eternal (Vulkan) with it and it is really amazing, but I am not sure if Depth is working right, I think it only works in the initial menu. Anyway it is a really good VR aplication, it runs really smoothly , I had to try it with others games... primary Vulkan and DX12.

Thank you ...
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by guillerodriguezv.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1446 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So far from what I can tell. It seems to be an account login error. You Game keeps tiring to log into your Bethesda Account. But, can't for some reason.

Tested Steam versions and Bethesda versions seem to be working. If it's not, make sure you log in to your account externally then reset the game.

So to be clear;
The normal version of Doom Eternal does a Bethesda Online Login at the start of the game. Once it logs in it stops when you get to the main menu.

This is why depth pops up in the main menu not right away.

Then when you start the game it does some kind check quickly then no more for some time.

It seems on the 2nd Time it gets stuck on constantly checking.

P.S. You may know why. It is not logging in. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: guillerodriguezv

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1447 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Haven't stopped back in a while since I've been a) darn busy and b) just trying to conquer native VR apps and vorpX. Now I'm seeing that you've released a Companion.app etc and I'm excited to give it a go with FO4 (as usual, don't ask me why, I guess I must like that game more than it deserves) as that game has terrible performance through vorpX and I have an HMD but no motion controllers (so FO4VR is out). Anyway, I do mainly racing SIMS on my VR rig and motion controllers are a future purchase.

But I am obviously and idiot and have NO idea what I'm doing! I launch the companion.app and all is good; Steam VR launches, the desktop shows up shows up perfectly on my Pimax 5K+ (BTW, you have to drive freaking *insane* resolutions to these things to get a clear picture, we are talking 4K as a great baseline. Anything less is various stages of blurry). But I try to launch any game and of course Steam VR insists on quitting the companion.app and launching the game on whatever the heck that bigscreen thing is.

Is there, by any chance just a basic set of instructions somewhere? Otherwise I just feel like a pest.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1448 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I will be Updating the CompanionApp in a few days but, I made a how too. for it.

There is a 2nd video in the decription.

The new update will come in a few days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr_spongeworthy, ivan046

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #1449 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I'm telling you, this is nothing short of brilliant. Get together with Crosire and create new commercial product (that way he doesn't have to worry that ReShade will be classified as a "cheat" in online games if the depth is left enabled). Maybe try doing something like adding in-game head-tracking support or something later on. But right now this already has vastly better performance than the other solutions I've used and the 3D is both better and has less distortion than any other z-buffer solution I've seen at this point. It's perfect for demanding non-VR games that can only be forced into true VR if you have the game-rig of God. (Older non-demanding titles are another story, I've got FO3 running as a full VR title now at 4K resolution absolutely smoothly with geometry 3D).

I've done professional IT support for end-users; teachers, students and various creative and professional types since the late 80's. Part of that has been tutorials and documentation for end-users and I'm bloody good at producing step-by-step in-depth documentation. If you guys get together I'm putting my bid in right now to be contracted as your documentation author. I'll send another small donation your way via. paypal later today. Sorry it can't be more, but hopefully it'll get you a couple pizzas and some Big Wave ales or Longboard lagers down at the beach.

Oh, and my specific issue was not having looked through Steam enough to find the option telling it not to launch a specific title in "Desktop Game Theater" mode.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• ivan046
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1450 by ivan046 Replied by ivan046 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks for your incredibly awesome work! The app provides better experience than Bigscreen and even commercial Virtual Desktop app. Why don't you register at patreon.com? We'd love to support you there!
And, please, could you unlock aspect ratio for the companion app? 16:9 is great - just like having a wide and big PC Monitor is your VR space. But most HMD have 1440x1440 per eye (or 1440x1600 for Odyssey+) so you get the best VR experience when using screen resolution 1440x1440/1440x1600 (or higher proportionally) to get the needed resolution when enabling SBS 3D view.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1451 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
21:9 I can add that for version 1.7 when I have time.

• adam1972
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1452 by adam1972 Replied by adam1972 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I saw both your videos.. Thank you so much for all your efforts :)
I am a bit confused though.. Your video shows you copying over SuperDepth3D.fx and you are using it with a VR unit... so then what is the difference between SuperDepth3D_VR.fx or SuperDepth3D.fx? I wa assuming that you would've used the SuperDepth3D_VR.fx instead in this situation???
Sorry if this question is redundant...

• ivan046
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1453 by ivan046 Replied by ivan046 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
We can try to contribute if you share the code. And please think about Patreon. Paypal is not available in some countries :(

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #1454 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Depth3D VR 1.6 Update
**Companion App**

Installer Name: Depth3DVRCompanion_v1.6.exe

Installer Size: 28.96 MB

mega.nz/file/ndhCRCRB#N5tHCE4N4jB1s-DvCx...Qfs_20bjyOVPXGmaGsnE

This Free VR App, is a basic way to view my stereoscopic shaders on your Oculus or OpenVR supported HMD.
This App Lets you play your Games or watch Movies on your VR HMD of choice. So it has more uses than intended.
Has been updated. New Mode and In-app Key Map

The following user(s) said Thank You: ivan046

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #1455 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Oh, the VR version has extra built-in options and it lags behind the main up in updates.

But, It's still there mainly for Cell Phone HMDs.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #1456 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I will look into this issue when I have time.

For now, I will update the software when I have time to do so. :)

• adam1972
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1457 by adam1972 Replied by adam1972 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
GOOD TO KNOW :)
Is there a method of controlling the companion app from within vr? Don't normally have access to my keyboard when doing vr in the living room lol... When I saw the app I was all excited.. A way to configure from within VR!!! lol.. Does it allow for it?
AGAIN, thank you :)
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by adam1972.

• VR-Punk
More
3 years 10 months ago #1458 by VR-Punk Replied by VR-Punk on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi,
i'm interested in Depth3D to use it in Nvidia Freestyle in Online Games. Online Games are using Anti-cheat Software and Tools like Vorpx or Helixvision are banned by the Anti-Cheat Software, and Reshade mostly too. The only way to get Stereoscopic 3D is your Depth3D by using it in Nvidia Freestyle.

I installed your Depth3D Shader and it is shown in the filter list in Nvidia Freestyle in the in-game Overlay of Nvidia Freestyle. But if i activate it will crash at launching !

What can i do ?

• Sokol_Paxa
More
3 years 9 months ago #1459 by Sokol_Paxa Replied by Sokol_Paxa on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello!
Is it possible to use "global preprocessor" to define the depth buffer in SuperDepth3D_VR?

The fact is that in some games Rehade incorrectly defines the depth buffer, its image may decrease and shift to the corner of the screen.

To fix this problem, you can manually shift and zoom this image in the global preprocessor settings by selecting the necessary parameters.
After this, the effects of other shaders began to work correctly, but unfortunately SuperDepth3D_VR was not affected, it still incorrectly defines the depth buffer.

Can this be fixed?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1460 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
This functionality has almost always been a part of my 3D shader even before the global preprocessor mod that allowed for this.

Just enable it in side the shader. line 82. Just enable it.

What game are you trying to adjust?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sokol_Paxa

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.