3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• WOWvxWim
More
3 years 6 months ago #1481 by WOWvxWim Replied by WOWvxWim on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Yeah! That works perfectly.

I've to admit I was testing things out with an Intel4600 chipset :blush: ... this makes even FullHD not always possible. But once I found out your shader works well I upgraded to a more decent video card this weekend :woohoo: , one more problem solved!

One issue I noticed when running some games, like Viva PiƱata for example, the in-game mouse pointer is stretched and moves at twice the distance in horizontal direction, but I saw another item in this forum talking about that problem where you suggested to use the custom reshade cursor. So I'll just do that, its a minor item. ( reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...ammer-2-mouse-cursor ).

Also most games don't project text well in the 3D plane, usually text popups are not in the depth map. I think this will also happen with other 3D views like VR? I did noted that for the WOWvx to project text in focus it needs to be neutral "gray" value in the depth map. I uploaded two videos from the Philips Demo CD for your reference:

Especially with the "Hakim" video it seems that they pulled some tricks to make the texts more readable. The text does appear to pop-out of the screen but remains readable! I don't quite understand this yet, I think it is something that Philips calls the depth map a "disparity map" in the white paper. Here I also read something about "Declipse content" that seems related WOWvx PlayerAPI User Manual & Maya plug-in .

I'm not expecting you to integrate all this for WOWvx, but perhaps it is also useful information for other 3D formats for VR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WOWvxWim
More
3 years 6 months ago #1482 by WOWvxWim Replied by WOWvxWim on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• xBonzaii
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1483 by xBonzaii Replied by xBonzaii on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey BlueSkyKnight,

I'm a big fan of your shader pack, especially your TAA shader, I use it as a subtle motion blur effect. Thank you!

However, I've started to notice a small problem with said shader. There's always a small flickering dot in the lower left corner.
Would it be possible to add a few lines at the end of that shader? Maybe you could simply replace the lower left pixel with the one from the original frame?

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this, thanks in advance!
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by xBonzaii.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1484 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

xBonzaii wrote: Hey BlueSkyDefender,

I'm a big fan of your shader pack, especially your TAA shader, I use it as a subtle motion blur effect. Thank you!

However, I've started to notice a small problem with said shader. There's always a small flickering dot in the lower left corner.
Would it be possible to add a few lines at the end of that shader? Maybe you could simply replace the lower left pixel with the one from the original frame?

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this, thanks in advance!

I adjusted this so that it needs to be enabled in side the shader so it should not blink anymore.

Just wait a few days because I am moving the shaders in their own repository.

I want to keep my Depth3D shaders and VR stuff in its own repo. So my other shaders can be used a bit more.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xBonzaii

• xBonzaii
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1485 by xBonzaii Replied by xBonzaii on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I adjusted this so that it needs to be enabled in side the shader so it should not blink anymore.

I want to keep my Depth3D shaders and VR stuff in its own repo. So my other shaders can be used a bit more.

Thank you for the quick response! Awesome that you'll take the time to fix it, I'll be looking forward to future updates. ;)

In the meantime I've actually found a small temporary fix, I'm using Layer.fx to turn those pixels black.

Also, is eMotionBlur.fx currently in a working state? Because it doesn't seem to be doing anything on my end, even when the depth buffer seems to be selected correctly..
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by xBonzaii.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1486 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

xBonzaii wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I adjusted this so that it needs to be enabled in side the shader so it should not blink anymore.

Thank you for the quick response! Awesome that you'll take the time to fix it, I'll be looking forward to future updates. ;)

In the meantime I've actually found a small temporary fix, I'm using Layer.fx to turn those pixels black.

Also, is eMotionBlur.fx currently in a working state? Because it doesn't seem to be doing anything on my end, even when the depth buffer seems to be selected correctly..

So I updated and moved TAA to the new repo.

I will have to look in too eMotionBlur............. that shader needs works . But, updates will be coming to the shaders just give me time. Since I'm also planing on releasing a Free Ray Casting Global Illumination shader. That will be coming to the repo along with other new shaders.

blueskydefender.github.io/AstrayFX/ This is still under construction.....

• dark1970
More
3 years 5 months ago #1487 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
in rdr2, if you play in the first person, are the SuperDepth3D.fx settings the same as in the third person?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1488 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

dark1970 wrote: in rdr2, if you play in the first person, are the SuperDepth3D.fx settings the same as in the third person?

The profile should work for both in DX12.

• dark1970
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1489 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I play first person rdr2 in Vulkan! For Vulkan is there any difference in SuperDepth3D setup between 1st and 3rd person? If you have the option, take a look at rdr2 from 1st person and maybe tweak something! And one more thing: tell me how to properly configure 3D with SuperDepth3D.fx? Are there any manuals or is it all by sight?Thanks!
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by dark1970.

• floph
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1490 by floph Replied by floph on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
First of all I just wanna say a big thanks for developing this great tool.
I enjoyed RDR2 in 3D thanks to you.

While Superdepth3D is working great, there is one thing I couldn't make look exactly right. And that is the ground, or the lower part of the screen. Instead of being straight flat, It seems to be a little curved, distorted.

Is there a specific parameter that controls the curvature or the distortion of the ground ?

Thank you !
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by floph.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1491 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

dark1970 wrote: I play first person rdr2 in Vulkan! For Vulkan is there any difference in SuperDepth3D setup between 1st and 3rd person? If you have the option, take a look at rdr2 from 1st person and maybe tweak something! And one more thing: tell me how to properly configure 3D with SuperDepth3D.fx? Are there any manuals or is it all by sight?Thanks!

ReShade Has more issues with RDR2 under Vulkan.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1492 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

floph wrote: First of all I just wanna say a big thanks for developing this great tool.
I enjoyed RDR2 in 3D thanks to you.

While Superdepth3D is working great, there is one thing I couldn't make look exactly right. And that is the ground, or the lower part of the screen. Instead of being straight flat, It seems to be a little curved, distorted.

Is there a specific parameter that controls the curvature or the distortion of the ground ?

Thank you !

What are your setting and what game?

• floph
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1493 by floph Replied by floph on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you for the quick reply.

I tried Dying Light. It looks like the ground goes down as it get's closer to me.

These are my Superdpth3 settings for Dying Light:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=4
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.100000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,0
Cursor_Type=0
Custom_Sidebars=2
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Edge_Mask=0.000000
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=21.000000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=22.500000
Eye_Fade_Reduction_n_Power=0,0,0
Eye_Swap=1
FPSDFIO=0
Interlace_Anaglyph_Calibrate=0.500000,1.000000,0.500000
Offset=0.000000
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Scaling_Support=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=0
View_Mode=1
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Weapon_ZPD_Boundary=0.000000
WP=0
WZPD_and_WND=0.030000,0.125000
ZPD_Boundary=0
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.500000,0.250000
ZPD_Separation=0.167000,0.184000

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1494 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

floph wrote: Thank you for the quick reply.

I tried Dying Light. It looks like the ground goes down as it get's closer to me.

These are my Superdpth3 settings for Dying Light:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=4
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.100000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,0
Cursor_Type=0
Custom_Sidebars=2
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Edge_Mask=0.000000
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=21.000000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=22.500000
Eye_Swap=1
FPSDFIO=0
Offset=0.000000
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Scaling_Support=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=0
View_Mode=1
WP=0
WZPD_and_WND=0.030000,0.125000
ZPD_Boundary=0
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.500000,0.250000
ZPD_Separation=0.167000,0.184000

Looks like you are not using the Overwatch.fxh settings for this game. All good. But, there is an issue with this game having to deal with the Weapon Hand and world zDepth. To get the weapon hand to look somewhat right I had to reduce the depth of the weapon hand near the player. This the side effect of causing a distortion near the player.

Even then I suggest you use the Overwatch.fxh profile by making sure the header file in alongside SuperDepth3D and resetting your setting back to default in superdepth3D. Then adjust the divergence to your liking and set the 3D output for your display. Try to use the most current version of this header file and 3DShader from here.

reshade.me/depth3d

Some games have special profiles to compensate for issues in the game. Part of the reason this issue happens here is that we can't separate the Weapon hand model from world depth just not an option without modding reshade. But, there are features that try to correct for this issue this is why Overwatch.fxh is needed in some games to "try" to correct for issues like this or at least suppress them.

I hope this explanation helps.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• floph
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1495 by floph Replied by floph on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I just started using Superdepth3D so I might miss some important aspects.

May I ask you how Overwatch.fxh is supposed to be used properly ?
Do you mean that it just has to be copied from this folder SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dying Light\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Depth3D into this folder SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dying Light\reshade-shaders\Shaders ?

I tried Red Dead Redemption 2 and I managed to tweak Superdepth3D for my 4 meters 3D projector screen and it looks great. There is still a minor distortion of the ground near the screen.

Since tomorrow is the release of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I wonder if Superdepth3D will work with it right out of the box. Do you usually need to generate the depth map of every new game or do some additional settings ? Or it just works right from the start ? I wanna try it tomorrow at launch.

EDIT 3: I tried Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and there is no 3D effect. It also says "No profile" in the lower left corner. Instead, Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered works just fine. These 2 games came together in one bundle, they are in the same folder. Also, AC Liberation HD appears in the same profile of AC 3 Remastered in NVIDIA Profile Inspector. I tried to add AC Liberation HD to the profile of AC Unity, but still no 3D effect. Is it possible somehow to use the profile of another game that works with Superdepth3D ?

EDIT 2: I just tried Syberia: The World Before - Prologue ( store.steampowered.com/app/1421230/Syber...ld_Before__Prologue/ )
and I could not get any 3D effect. I tried DM0 Normal and DM1 Reversed and some other settings, but to no avail.

EDIT: these are my settings for Red Dead Redemption 2:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=0
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.000000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,0
Cursor_Type=0
Custom_Sidebars=1
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Edge_Mask=0.000000
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=12.100000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=20.000000
Eye_Swap=0
FPSDFIO=0
Offset=0.000000
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Scaling_Support=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=1
View_Mode=1
WP=0
WZPD_and_WND=0.030000,0.000000
ZPD_Boundary=0
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.500000,0.500000
ZPD_Separation=0.250000,0.250000

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1496 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

floph wrote: I just started using Superdepth3D so I might miss some important aspects.

May I ask you how Overwatch.fxh is supposed to be used properly ?
Do you mean that it just has to be copied from this folder SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dying Light\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Depth3D into this folder SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dying Light\reshade-shaders\Shaders ?

It just needs to be alongside the Shader.

floph wrote: I tried Red Dead Redemption 2 and I managed to tweak Superdepth3D for my 4 meters 3D projector screen and it looks great. There is still a minor distortion of the ground near the screen.

Since tomorrow is the release of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I wonder if Superdepth3D will work with it right out of the box. Do you usually need to generate the depth map of every new game or do some additional settings ? Or it just works right from the start ? I wanna try it tomorrow at launch.

So not all games are in overwatch.fxh Profiles will come overtime when I get time to make them.

floph wrote: EDIT 3: I tried Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and there is no 3D effect. It also says "No profile" in the lower left corner. Instead, Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered works just fine. These 2 games came together in one bundle, they are in the same folder. Also, AC Liberation HD appears in the same profile of AC 3 Remastered in NVIDIA Profile Inspector. I tried to add AC Liberation HD to the profile of AC Unity, but still no 3D effect. Is it possible somehow to use the profile of another game that works with Superdepth3D ?

No Profile means you need to make your setting for the game. Since Overwatch has no profile for it.

floph wrote: EDIT 2: I just tried Syberia: The World Before - Prologue ( store.steampowered.com/app/1421230/Syber...ld_Before__Prologue/ )
and I could not get any 3D effect. I tried DM0 Normal and DM1 Reversed and some other settings, but to no avail.

Not sure about this game. Look at the depth settings.

floph wrote: EDIT: these are my settings for Red Dead Redemption 2:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=0
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.000000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,0
Cursor_Type=0
Custom_Sidebars=1
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Edge_Mask=0.000000
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=12.100000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=20.000000
Eye_Swap=0
FPSDFIO=0
Offset=0.000000
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Scaling_Support=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=1
View_Mode=1
WP=0
WZPD_and_WND=0.030000,0.000000
ZPD_Boundary=0
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.500000,0.500000
ZPD_Separation=0.250000,0.250000

[/quote]

Your setting are different from Overwatch.fxh. You can save your setting then try the setting from Overwatch.fxh. For DX12 RDR2

• dark1970
More
3 years 5 months ago #1497 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
when the game loads, it says disable msaa, dof, taa .... Is this already disabled by you or do I need to disable it?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1498 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
You have to change this your self. It's a hint that them setting will cause issues with the 3D image.

• floph
More
3 years 5 months ago #1499 by floph Replied by floph on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi,

When I tried today to install Superdepth3D in RDR2 with ReShade_Setup_4.8.2.exe, I got this error message:

"Failed to extract Depth3D by BlueSkyDefender.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: second."

I tried other reshade shaders and they all work. Seems to be a problem only with Depth3D.

However I could still use Superdepth3D by just copying the shaders to the RDR2/reshade-shaders folder. So it's not a blocker. I just wanted to let you know in case there is something wrong with Depth3D and not just on my machine. I did ran ReShade_Setup_4.8.2.exe in Administrator mode and also removed the Read Only property on the RDR2 folder. I also added the path github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/archive/master.zip to the "Enter ZIP download link to custom repository here" box but it still didn't installed anything.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #1500 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
This issue should be fixed now.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.