3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• costiq
More
3 years 4 months ago #1521 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Thank you Torzi!

I will try your recommendation in the evening and let you know how it goes.

What in-game resolution are you using?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• costiq
More
3 years 4 months ago #1522 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077

Torzi wrote: What a gift this software is! Great work BlueSkyKnight, Crosire, and the rest of the Reshade team!

Couldn't agree more!

• klotim
More
3 years 4 months ago #1523 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: What?

"Replied by klotim on topic Cyberpunk 2077"
You cant hide the history :P

• costiq
More
3 years 4 months ago #1524 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Welcome to the 3D world, detective klotim!

Any help in investigating the mystery of using SuperDepth3D with Cyberpunk, issues-free, is much appreciated.

• costiq
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1525 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077

Torzi wrote: Bah! Found it I think... Still needs more testing, but see if it works for you.

Leave "Color Precision" set to "High" in the graphics settings, anything lower messes with the depth maps. Been running around the city all night, works like a champ. Menus and the map as well. [...]

Well, that didn't work for me.

This is the map screen I'm still seeing:

I can make it work by selecting one of the 2 depth buffers that are now in the DX12 tab list, but before leaving the map screen I need to uncheck the line, otherwise, while getting back in the game, I get instant crash.

I have this problem only with the map screen. All the other menus work just fine.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by costiq.

• Torzi
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1526 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077
That might be due to your 2070 vs my 1080. Do you have Ray Tracing enabled? I was also reading that DSS is tied into the anti-aliasing they're using (TSAA?). Enabling one disables the other. You might be able to at least test if the AA is causing the problem by enabling DSS.

I don't have that feature, but I disabled TSAA by modifying the EXE. I was getting distortions from the Brain Recording things similar to what you see on the maps. It seemed to be caused by the AA. That was no longer needed though in the 4.8 branches of Reshade. Disabling AA looked pretty bad as well, but it also might let you bump up the resolution.

Initially I was trying for resolutions between 1440 and 1080p, but settled on getting it running smoothly at 1080p first. I'd suggest setting to the 'Medium' default, but set 'Color Precision' High. Adjust settings one at a time to make sure nothing gets messed up. Disable any sort of resolution scaling to start.

Reshade 4.8.2 does work for me, but I have to disable SuperDepth3D(_VR) if I want to alt-tab out, or make any changes to the in-game settings. Then afterward re-enable SD3D, manually pick the right depth map, then hit reload on reshade. I usually crash if I don't do this, and sometimes even when I do . You can play for a while if you don't mess with any settings :-P

It's been pretty consistent though: While viewing the world (not menus or map), choose the depth map at your resolution (ie 1920x1080) with the 2nd largest number of calls next to it. There are usually at least 2 maps at screen resolution, but I've seen as many as 4. The one with the most calls is NOT the one you want, and the others will have very few calls. Select the 2nd, hit Reload, and play a while.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Torzi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: costiq

• costiq
More
3 years 4 months ago #1527 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Thank you Torzi!

It's really much appreciated.
Yes, I do have Ray Tracing enabled, and setting DSS to Balanced helped to avoid crashes.

I will do more testings and will let you know if I get good news.

Thanks again!

• Torzi
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1528 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Well, that didn't last. As soon as I finished the entire intro mission "The Pickup", and talked to Dex, the game crashed. On reload, I started seeing exactly what you're seeing. Seems up until that point it was re-using the same depth map for all screens (just modifying it). I can even reload any game from before that conversation and it still works.

But yeah, locking the depth map is just causing problems. I think Reshade needs to be able to pick the proper map. I'll ask about it in the Reshade thread.

EDIT: Yup, damnedest thing! I just reloaded a save before meeting Jackie at the plant, and I'm just running around town until this gets resolved. There's still plenty to do and see.
EDIT2: About 4 hours later, same result. Doesn't seem to be any way around it... it's like a time-bomb. Out of nowhere, depth buffer behavior changes for good.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Torzi.

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #1529 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Grate news! 8-)

Cyberpunk 2077 works now with the latest ReShade version (4.9)!
Thank you @crosire!!!

But, for me, there are some caveats:

When installing ReShade, I had to uncheck SweetFX and use only Standard Effects and Depth3D & AstrayFX.
It looks like one of the shaders in SweetFX (I'm not sure which one) makes the game crash seconds into.

There are no more problems with the map either... but it has to be accessed through its shortcut!
Accessing the map from the menu will make the game crash!

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #1530 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Less grate news...

[embaresed cough]
I'm afraid my enthusiasm was premature... :(

After restarting the game... crash...
It worked fine until getting close to a door (new game map to load...?)
Restarted the computer, hoping for a miracle, but ...no, the game would crash even before starting.

Went back to 4.7.0 and all is fine (minus the city map which is again a pixel mess)

PS. Sorry for the copy/paste.

• Torzi
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1531 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello, Just wanted to give an update with Cyberpunk. I did some testing earlier, and Reshade 4.9 does fix the depth buffer issue. If I enable the DisplayDepth shader, I'm able to go through the game without crashing, and the automatically selected depth map looks good.

It looks like a few of the shaders that rely on the depth map are crashing though, SuperDepth3D unfortunately being one of them. I've tried both the standard and VR version, and both are behaving the same. Just a few observations below... If I can provide any other meaningful debug info, please let me know.

1) On the initial load, the depth map isn't picked up by SuperDepth (pure white). The depth map is reversed, but it looks like the DM1 reversed flag isn't applied on init, Hitting Reload on Reshade fixes this, but it needs to be done on every load of a saved game.
2) Selecting the in-game map causes an instant crash on 4.9. On 4.7-4.8 it would just show the corrupt depth map as black mixed in with the graphics.
3) Frequently crashing at the end of cut scenes. Feels maybe like it's triggered by an on-screen quest/status notification. On 4.8.2, it would also crash like this when you received a call, and the person's image showed up on the screen. That no longer crashes with 4.9, but guessing it's something similar.

I'll keep probing, but is there anything I can provide to help figure out what's causing the crashes? (any logs specific to Depth3D?)

EDIT: Woops, didn't realize crosire moved to the troubleshooting thread. Anyone having issues post your specs there...
Reshade 4.9, Cyperpunk 2077 Troubleshooting
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Torzi. Reason: Link to Troubleshooting thread for CP2077

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #1532 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• Srnac
More
3 years 3 months ago #1533 by Srnac Replied by Srnac on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello there,

I'm new to the SuperDepth 3D shader and related topics.

I have a 3D projector and trying to get my DirectX games to be viewed in 3D mode, don't use 3DMigoto as it required older Nvidia to be installed and I was not able to configure it to 1080p@60Hz to work correctly (for vulkan games I use Vk3D wrapper that works great in at least some games like Doom Eternal).

Have some basic questions:
-For some of the games it seems the if I activate SuperDepth3D via reshade for the first time - it 'recognizes the game' and the game looks really 3D (it automatically selects the depth map that looks 3d)
-There are some games for which the game really does not look 3d (for example Max Payne 3) and look more like classic 2d through glasses :)
-For GTA V for example I see message at the beginning 'Needs fix/mod' which is not clear to me how to solve (I assume to install something and make the image better)
-Is there a possibility to use some different depth maps than DM0 and DM1? It seems it was possible in the past not sure if this can somehow help me to make e.g. Max Payne 3 to look 3d

Thanks in advance for you feedback :)

• Srnac
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1534 by Srnac Replied by Srnac on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Forgot to mention that Cyberpunk work fine from the visual perspective but I'm experiencing a blue screen when doing missions usually when trying to open door (outside missions there is no issue).
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Srnac.

• dark1970
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1535 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
  • Srnac   Max Payne 3 with Reshade 4.9.1 and SuperDepth3D works for me in 3D! Be sure to turn off MSAA anti-aliasing in the graphics settings! Under the spoiler, my SuperDepth3D settings:
  • Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dark1970.

• Srnac
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1536 by Srnac Replied by Srnac on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello dark1970,

thanks for your answer.
Have tried your settings and the result is the same, i had a chance to run max payne 3 with tridef and looks much better including pop-out of ui.

Trying to use this shader as I was able to run it for more games but having difficulties to understand of how to set it up properly.

Do you know how this shader works in terms of automatic detection of games? Is there a support for particular titles?
As mentioned above it seems that it recognizes some of the games and in those it usually looks better the for those that get 'default'.

What's means the text when running a game needs mod/fix or no profile?

And last thing- do you know which parameter affects ui pop out(tridef has similar setting).

Thanks

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1537 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
SuperDepth3D has its own internal Game Profile System that is used for many games to get base settings for them games. But, New Profiles are added over time. When I have time.

The shader has a warning system that assist the user in getting a better image and in some cases I will prepare a mod or a mini Guide on how to fix a game for a better 3D image.

If you notice on the bottom right is a weblink
www.Depth3D.info

And the top right most of the time if there is an issue. You would see "Read Help."

This is the Help File In question. github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/blob/...haders/Game_Help.txt

I am in the process of moving this help file to the Wiki. But, this takes time.
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/wiki
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• dark1970
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1538 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Srnak have you disabled MSAA anti-aliasing ???? As for tridef, I was pissed off by its autofocus, and having found the Reshade + SuperDepth3D masterpiece a few years ago, I forgot about tridef and 3dvision! Show off your Max Payne 3 screenshots with SuperDepth3D!

• Srnac
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1539 by Srnac Replied by Srnac on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello guys, thanks for answers,

Yes, I have disabled MSAA, attaching screenshot, Hope I have done that correctly.

imgur.com/a/FXfYGXM

What do you think?

• dark1970
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1540 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
you have 2d! here are mine:

show your SuperDepth3D settings and game settings: video, graphics!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.