3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• theonciest
More
7 years 8 months ago #181 by theonciest Replied by theonciest on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I got it to work! Omfg I was using the new shaders reshade64 as opengl32 instead of yours as opengl32 .____.

See. Idiot. Lmao

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #182 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

theonciest wrote: Sorry, bit of an idiot here but I'm trying to install this (drag and drop I assume) but how do you actually... activate it? :S in no where do you actually specify WHAT file/folder to actually edit. You just a mention parameters.

So let's say I want to get No Mans Sky working. I have Vorpx it works in that, but when I activate a shader it just goes straight to the monitor instead of vorpx, but the shaders work. However, your shader does not work. The 2.0 media upload I get errors, quite a few of them. I tried merging my own reshade.fx file with yours, and it sort of works but the error I get is "syntax error unexpected expecting identifier reshade" if I delete that line of code it's referring to

static const float2 pixelsize = float2 (buffer_rcp_width, buffer_rcp_height);

So confusing here

If you can help thanks a lot!

Edit: to top it all off I don't actually have internet atm and I'm on data right now, tethering is a no go,l (massive updates) and I'm on an iPhone ._. so... who accepts the challenge? Bahaha sorry

Ok one thing at a time. So your trying to use my shader with VorpX?

I am not sure how this interaction would work out.

You said 2.0 You downloaded the mediafire link? For that one?
Hummm I am not sure how that works with VorpX ether.

If the errors are yellow ignore them. If they are Red Please post them here.

The line
static const float2 pixelsize = float2 (buffer_rcp_width, buffer_rcp_height); Is your screens Width and Hight.

You deleted this and it worked?

Now I'm confused.

Did you try Reshade 3.0?

Also what HMD are you useing?

• theonciest
More
7 years 8 months ago #183 by theonciest Replied by theonciest on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Vorpx doesn't want to load reshade but I used virtual desktop - to headset mode and not even worried about using head tracking arm.

I'm using oculus rift dk1 (I know. I've been through hell and back time and time again with this thing but hey it works) also just playing around with the settings on your reshade assistant apparently it works.

This link is the one I got working.

www.mediafire.com/?pj9ki98hedcmuci

I can't really explain much that's all I really know. So disregard my previous message I scrapped the reshade.fx (I don't really know enough to code to really do anything just kind of fiddling around due to no actual Internet)

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #184 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So I uploaded my Alternative Shaders

They are all faster.

But I will Rank them by FPS Fastest to slowest.
  1. SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_noBlur_Two.fx
  2. SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_noBlur.fx
  3. SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Blur_Two.fx
  4. SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Blur.fx
  1. No Blur VCam moves in.
  2. No Blur VCam moves out.
  3. Faster Blur, With Blur Control. VCam moves in.
  4. Faster Blur, With Blur Control. VCam moves out. Around 5 fps faster then the normal shader.

When I say OUT I mean the left. When I say IN I mean the right.

Reducing Eye Strain is So Hard .:P

To me SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Blur_Two.fx Feels the best to my eyes.

The reason I am posting them Is that some people run on slower hardware and may need a few more FPS. That and VR headsets require High FPS among other things.

Or the Halo Effect dose not bother you much anymore and you want to bump the Depth Setting higher. What ever the reason I give you guys and gals the options. Also Don't be scared to mod the Shaders your selves.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #185 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
OSVR's Polynomial Distortion added to the shaders.

also added Vertical Squish to OSVR Distortion shader.
  1. SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_OSVR.fx is Toe_in
  2. SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_OSVR_Two.fx is Off-axis

Off-axis OSVR Polynomial Distortion I also Left the Red Geen Blue Channels set to max.

github.com/OSVR/OSVR-Docs/blob/master/Configuring/distortion.md Is where I Got the Right code

and here

github.com/OSVR/distortionizer/issues/13

Thats not all I left the Red Green Blue setting so you can adjust it two your own HMD. Per-color radial distortion

github.com/OSVR/distortionizer tool.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #186 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: OSVR's Polynomial Distortion added to the shaders.

Off-axis OSVR Polynomial Distortion I also Left the Red Geen Blue Channels set to max.

github.com/OSVR/OSVR-Docs/blob/master/Configuring/distortion.md Is where I Got the Right code

and here

Thats not all I left the Red Green Blue setting so you can adjust it two your own HMD. Per-color radial distortion

So what is the best to use now for the one with good hardware 1080GTX the best quality ? the best one for HMD and the best one for without one

And one more thing, when using in the game for example Assassin's Creed Syndicate with the Top&Button makes the cursor confused and the shaders doesn't make up for the cursor location, so it does work but the cursor is not in the right location where I need to click on the screen ? can you test it or you have any idea how to fix it ?

Do we still need ReShade.fxh ? I saw you said we don't in before comments.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #187 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: OSVR's Polynomial Distortion added to the shaders.

and here

So what is the best to use now for the one with good hardware 1080GTX the best quality ? the best one for HMD and the best one for without one

And one more thing, when using in the game for example Assassin's Creed Syndicate with the Top&Button makes the cursor confused and the shaders doesn't make up for the cursor location, so it does work but the cursor is not in the right location where I need to click on the screen ? can you test it or you have any idea how to fix it ?

Do we still need ReShade.fxh ? I saw you said we don't in before comments.

you don't need ReShade.fxh. any more.

Also cursor hooking is handled differently for each game. I don't have control over this with my shader. This has to do with reshade. I would suggest useing a controller in games where the cursor acts up like this.

Personally I use SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_OSVR_Two.fx

Also I will be maintaining Toe_in and the Off-axis shader. they only really differ in the way the VCam Displays the information. My eyes feel better with Off Axis then the Toe_in View. But, this a personal feeling.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Kuniyo

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #188 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks I will use it, I tested it, seems cool , can't see different between the other one before, but I will test it more.

Can you tell me why I have this errors ?

If I delete the Reshade ini file it start the tutorial again and it doesn't show any errors , only after I complete the tutorial and it saves the file I started having those error every time I change setting I think . Reload does error and changing between profiles in the game. I didn't have errors in Assassin creed Syndicate with the Projection profile.

[img

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #189 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: Thanks I will use it, I tested it, seems cool , can't see different between the other one before, but I will test it more.

Can you tell me why I have this errors ?

If I delete the Reshade ini file it start the tutorial again and it doesn't show any errors , only after I complete the tutorial and it saves the file I started having those error every time I change setting I think . Reload does error and changing between profiles in the game. I didn't have errors in Assassin creed Syndicate with the Projection profile.

Don't worry about yellow errors for now. If you see red. Tell me :P

Also I do most of my testing in quake2xp and I don't get errors. I guess some games are more picky.

It's also coming from OSVR's Polynomial_Distortion section of the Shader. Also *Fixed the Comma expression warning by adding in the Vectors.*

update already posted on github.

*Side Note* In Lords of the Fallen you can turn off the blur by setting it to 0. This game does not need any blur.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight. Reason: Side Note

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #190 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you .

So no worry now :)

I will check it without blur.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #191 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Do you have any good settings for Need For Speed Rivals ? I've been trying to mess around with the settings, but I don't know what is the best number for best 3D effect, I'm getting good 3D effect , but it seems that there is a config that will look right and better but I can't decide which. I don't know what to look for. some Depths has the effect when you move with your head the screen has like a moving effect, and some depths doesn't have this, should I look for this effect or it's incorrect ? can anyone check or test and tell me what's works best for him so I'll have guide lines , it's super hard to decide and I don't want to start gaming before I know that's the best I can get.

by the way : Why Need for Speed Rivals tells me I have 35 Fps using the command to have 60 fps . I enabled Vsync Fast Sync just to check, could this cause problems ? Do you use Vsync when you play 3D games ?

Thanks

• nieda113
More
7 years 7 months ago #192 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@BlueSkyKnight , i have been away for quite some time and see this thread growing too fast for me to follow. Pls can u tell me what s the latest release is and where to download ur shader and reshade 3.0 latest version. I still have the reshade 2.0 and ur 3d depth map installed .The version is still first release but it works fine for me , but now its time to update,,, thx

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #193 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: Do you have any good settings for Need For Speed Rivals ? I've been trying to mess around with the settings, but I don't know what is the best number for best 3D effect, I'm getting good 3D effect , but it seems that there is a config that will look right and better but I can't decide which. I don't know what to look for. some Depths has the effect when you move with your head the screen has like a moving effect, and some depths doesn't have this, should I look for this effect or it's incorrect ? can anyone check or test and tell me what's works best for him so I'll have guide lines , it's super hard to decide and I don't want to start gaming before I know that's the best I can get.

by the way : Why Need for Speed Rivals tells me I have 35 Fps using the command to have 60 fps . I enabled Vsync Fast Sync just to check, could this cause problems ? Do you use Vsync when you play 3D games ?

Thanks

I don't have the game Need For Speed Rivals so I can't set up a depth map for it. Also when making your own depth map you want the darkest part to be close the screen and the whitest part to be way far back. Turn on Depth Map view.

As for Vsync There is a reason I try to Play every Game in Windows Borderless. Borderless Window Mode prevents tearing and input lag.
But, for games that Can't be played this way I will put up with tearing and run the game with no Vsync.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #194 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: @BlueSkyKnight , i have been away for quite some time and see this thread growing too fast for me to follow. Pls can u tell me what s the latest release is and where to download ur shader and reshade 3.0 latest version. I still have the reshade 2.0 and ur 3d depth map installed .The version is still first release but it works fine for me , but now its time to update,,, thx

Give me some time I am readying 1.8.1 today. Since I am happy with the new options. I will also Back Port 1.8.1 today to 2.0 just give a me a bit of time today.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #195 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote: Do you have any good settings for Need For Speed Rivals ? I've been trying to mess around with the settings, but I don't know what is the best number for best 3D effect, I'm getting good 3D effect , but it seems that there is a config that will look right and better but I can't decide which. I don't know what to look for. some Depths has the effect when you move with your head the screen has like a moving effect, and some depths doesn't have this, should I look for this effect or it's incorrect ? can anyone check or test and tell me what's works best for him so I'll have guide lines , it's super hard to decide and I don't want to start gaming before I know that's the best I can get.

Thanks

I don't have the game Need For Speed Rivals so I can't set up a depth map for it. Also when making your own depth map you want the darkest part to be close the screen and the whitest part to be way far back. Turn on Depth Map view.

As for Vsync There is a reason I try to Play every Game in Windows Borderless. Borderless Window Mode prevents tearing and input lag.
But, for games that Can't be played this way I will put up with tearing and run the game with no Vsync.

Nice thank you ! I will see to it.

Can you tell me why BladeStorm Nightmare can't run ? I get
[img

The game is x64 , I tried using D3D11.dll and dxgi.dll
and this is the log file for running it once

EDIT : It runs using not full screen mode , but crashes on full screen mode

Warning: Spoiler!

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #196 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Thanks

[img

Taking a look at the fourms here I don't think BladeStorm Nightmare has depth Buffer access. I don't know if even you get it to run properly there will be 3D. But, I don't know. Turn on Depth Map View and test 1-20 if you see the Depth Map then you should be able to adjust for that game using the Custom Depth map option.

As for the Full screen Crashes let me ask do you have Windows Anniversary installed?
This seems to be a windows/reshade issue.
Is the link I was looking at. reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/836-toukiden-kiwami

I also don't know If this Is Hardware specific.

On a Side now how are you playing so many games and finishing them so fast. :blink:

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #197 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Update 1.8.1

1.OSVR Polynomial_Distortion is now the Default Distortion. For HMD. Since this allows for adjustment of Red Green Blue colors. People would need to know how to Adjust this for each HMD.

2.Eye Swap is back. For Left Right / Right Left switching.

3.Vertical Squish Now a option.

4.Blur Slider is Now a new option allows for Turning off the blur or adjusting it.

5. Small FPS improvements.

6. Fixed Line Interlaced I hope this also fixed Checkerboard 3D output. No way to test Checkerboard 3D.

Back porting today as well to 2.0....

SuperDepth3D_Reprojection.fx Been updated.

Alternative Shader folder.

SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Two.fx Been updated. <- make sure you adjust the perspective for each game with this one if you use this one.

Understanding convergence

When our eyes converge on an object, if there is a difference in horizontal position of that object between the left eye’s image and the right, our mind puts the object together into one and our brain thinks the object is a certain distance away (due to parallax).

To be Honest I wish there a way to calculate convergence in a 3D space By looking at where you eyes look at the screen. I think Eye Tracking will be really important for automatically adjusting the Convergence point.

Keep in mind adjusting the 3D convergence in each game is required on a game-by-game basis. Like in the Batman Game I try to make him the point of convergence.

Reshade 2.0 repacked release.
www.mediafire.com/download/ce5497vb8hl5c..._3D_v1.8.1_Repack.7z
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #198 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Thanks

[img

Taking a look at the fourms here I don't think BladeStorm Nightmare has depth Buffer access. I don't know if even you get it to run properly there will be 3D. But, I don't know. Turn on Depth Map View and test 1-20 if you see the Depth Map then you should be able to adjust for that game using the Custom Depth map option.

As for the Full screen Crashes let me ask do you have Windows Anniversary installed?
Is the link I was looking at. reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/836-toukiden-kiwami

On a Side now how are you playing so many games and finishing them so fast. :blink:

Yes I have windows 10 Anniversary installed .... I hope it's not the issue.

I don't finish those game, I'm preparing them so I know that they can be fixed before I start them xD haha

So the Depth Map view is only for testing ? What should I be always using is the Custom between 1-5 ?

Should I keep using SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Two.fx for normal 3D and not HMD ? or should I use SuperDepth3D_Reprojection.fx ? because it seems if I remember the Reporjection.fx looked better in Rivals and with the Two it's hard to have the same effect, or I imagining that ? what are the actual differences between the two in performance or quality or settings. because would a game example Rivals will look better with Reprojection.fx without changing much settings or it will look Reprojection_Two better with changing the settings there ? there are so many settings I don't even know where to begin... and you update it which is a good thing, but it's complicated things cause I don't know what to choose from or how to set it .. So hard :P

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #199 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Thanks

[img

Yes I have windows 10 Anniversary installed .... I hope it's not the issue.

I don't finish those game, I'm preparing them so I know that they can be fixed before I start them xD haha

So the Depth Map view is only for testing ? What should I be always using is the Custom between 1-5 ?

Depth Map View Is for testing and adjusting with Custom 1-5. Also once you got a base depth map looking good then turn off the Depth map view and adjust the image slowly as you see it in 3D. This process is long and hard some times or Easy depending on the game.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #200 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Good to see the shader coming along even more so.

I've got some easy questions for you.

Depth map is only available if the game has an accessible depth buffer right?

if it has a depth map, then we have a guarantee that we will be able to achieve a solid 3d effect?

Also, whats the performance difference between the old reprojection shader and the new ones?

Something else that i think you mentioned a month or so ago, is that you may be working on a pseudo 3d shader for 2d images? Possibly something that could be used in movies(similar to what Tridef media player does, in converting 2d movies into a fake 3d effect), cinematics in games etc, 2d pictures etc..also something that could be used in games without a depth buffer

Also, i ported the old reprojection shader into 1.1 if anyone is interested :D

Thanks again for your work
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.