3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• zig11727
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #321 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Yes the shader works with an older version of Reshade (beta 5) blank screen is fixed Redout is working with the new shader.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by zig11727.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #322 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

zig11727 wrote: Yes that is the correct game .

Unbox will work at first then once the box is behind an object the screen starts acting funny and then blanks out with Redout tested twice when you selected you shader the whole screen goes blank.

unbox is like Mario 64

Ok give me time to download the game. I will try to figure out whats going on.

Ok Tested this with Reshade 3.0 beta 6 And I see the screen bug out and goes black.

Tested this with ReShade beta 5 and It works. It seems to be a other bug in Reshade beta 6 with Unreal 4 engine games. This bug should be reported May be related to the Red screen bug as stated before.

I was unable to make pass the Tutorial with Beta 6.

With Beta 5 I was able to play till the island. Fun game but box bounces getting me sea sick lol :D

I don't have the money for Redout. Can you please test the new shader with the older Reshade beta 5 too see if the problem still happens?

Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 so many bugs :X I hope he can fix them fast

We have the Red Bug, UT 4 Engine Bug, what else so we can post it ?

I don't know of any other bugs to report. Other people are already reporting on the other bugs in reshade beta 6. So I don't think we would need to repost the same ones. We need to wait and see. Patience will be are best friend.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #323 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: Yes the shader works with an older version of Reshade (beta 5) blank screen is fixed

So for now we will bunker down on Beta 5 for now. Till the Issues are resolved.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #324 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 so many bugs :X I hope he can fix them fast

Hey. I am human. I make mistakes. There is likely to be only one wrong value somewhere in the code that messes everything up right now. The ReShade code base is HUGE for this kind of project and not easy to manage for a single person. Also it's a BETA for a reason.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arioch

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #325 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

crosire wrote:

x8009 wrote: Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 so many bugs :X I hope he can fix them fast

Hey. I am human. I make mistakes. There is likely to be only one wrong value somewhere in the code that messes everything up right now. The ReShade code base is HUGE for this kind of project and not easy to manage for a single person. Also it's a BETA for a reason.

I didn't say it as a bad thing ! Just saying so people won't use it right now !

Thank you crosire for everything !

• Alo81
More
7 years 7 months ago #326 by Alo81 Replied by Alo81 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I can't believe I'm just learning of this.

This is really cool, and you've made wicked progress. Nice work dude, keep it up and I'll be keeping an eye on this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• Arioch
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #327 by Arioch Replied by Arioch on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I like a lot of depth in my 3D games and my eyes have gotten accustomed to that over the years. While I like what DM14 does for Witcher 3, I wanted even more depth than the recommended depth setting of 30, but anything over that increases a more severe distortion/halo effect. Putting a negative number into the perspective setting helps some, but then Geralt looks blurry.

I went into the shader and looked at the formula under DM14 and after some tweaking I came up with this:

//Witcher 3 (High Depth)
if (AltDepthMap == 22)
{
float cF = 5;
float cN = 1;
depthM = (pow(abs(cN-depthM),cF));
}

I set the depth to 60 in the preset file and leave perspective at zero. I lose a little bit of pop-out but I get the greatly increased depth I was wanting, with little to no increase in the distortion/halo effect.

What a wonderful shader this is. :)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Arioch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #328 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Arioch wrote: I like a lot of depth in my 3D games and my eyes have gotten accustomed to that over the years. While I like what DM14 does for Witcher 3, I wanted even more depth than the recommended depth setting of 30, but anything over that increases a more severe distortion/halo effect. Putting a negative number into the perspective setting helps some, but then Geralt looks blurry.

I went into the shader and looked at the formula under DM14 and after some tweaking I came up with this:

//Witcher 3 (High Depth)
if (AltDepthMap == 22)
{
float cF = 5;
float cN = 1;
depthM = (pow(abs(cN-depthM),cF));
}

I set the depth to 60 in the preset file and leave perspective at zero. I lose a little bit of pop-out but I get the greatly increased depth I was wanting, with little to no increase in the distortion/halo effect.

What a wonderful shader this is. :)

Nice I could replace number 20 with this I don't think any one uses number 20.....
for now if any one want to use Arioch Settings you can use Custom One with his Near and Far Settings. Far = 5 Near = 1

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #329 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
BlueskyKnight

Did you try to enable Depth Map View with Attack on Titan ? it shows only black or white on all alternate depth and custom. but it has some 3D effect when not using the Depth Map View.

So is SMAA, it doesn't seem to do anything in games. I want to have some AA but it doesn't change a bit.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #330 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: BlueskyKnight

Did you try to enable Depth Map View with Attack on Titan ? it shows only black or white on all alternate depth and custom. but it has some 3D effect when not using the Depth Map View.

So is SMAA, it doesn't seem to do anything in games. I want to have some AA but it doesn't change a bit.

That game a bit to expensive for me to test. Try MXAO in it's debug mode to see if it has a depth buffer.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #331 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

That game a bit to expensive for me to test. Try MXAO in it's debug mode to see if it has a depth buffer.

What happen when it has and hasn't ? I mean if it has it's a good thing, but what does it mean for us when it doesn't and does ?
Thanks

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #332 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

What happen when it has and hasn't ? I mean if it has it's a good thing, but what does it mean for us when it doesn't and does ?
Thanks

Depth Buffer access is required for the to have a shape to mold the re projected image to the screen. But, Lets say the depth buffer is just all white. well then only thing you would get a is a image that sunk in to the screen and if the Depth Buffer is Black then you would get a image that pops out of the screen.

here a little information on the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-buffering z-buffer

*If any one can find a better Near and Far camera Space code then what I am using you can have better 3D. >.>
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight. Reason: Side Note

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #333 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Thanks

Depth Buffer access is required for the to have a shape to mold the re projected image to the screen. But, Lets say the depth buffer is just all white. well then only thing you would get a is a image that sunk in to the screen and if the Depth Buffer is Black then you would get a image that pops out of the screen.

*If any one can find a better Near and Far camera Space code then what I am using you can have better 3D. >.>

Can we get 3D image without actually having the proper white and black ? or it will just look like Fake double image ? that is the actual question I wanted to ask. I mean if the image is doubled when you use 3D mode on TV does it mean it's working ? or you must have the proper White/Black in Depth Map View or else it's not 3D at all even though we see double 3D image.

You might already find it :

stackoverflow.com/questions/13665932/cal...rustum-in-a-3d-space
www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technic...-c-game-camera-r2978
www.scratchapixel.com/lessons/3d-basic-r...ic-projection-matrix
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows...SPPError=-2147217396

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #334 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Thanks

Can we get 3D image without actually having the proper white and black ? or it will just look like Fake double image ? that is the actual question I wanted to ask. I mean if the image is doubled when you use 3D mode on TV does it mean it's working ? or you must have the proper White/Black in Depth Map View or else it's not 3D at all even though we see double 3D image.

You might already find it :

stackoverflow.com/questions/13665932/cal...rustum-in-a-3d-space
www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technic...-c-game-camera-r2978
www.scratchapixel.com/lessons/3d-basic-r...ic-projection-matrix
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows...SPPError=-2147217396

If the depth map not there ya you would get a double image. With no depth information. The easy way to tell this is if you look at a object and see no Pop. Depth map is necessary.

Have you tried disabling or enabling MSAA in the game?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #335 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Small code correction uploaded. Also will port 1.8.6 tomorrow over to 2.0 once I am happy I caught all the bugs.

Will also be adding a few more games to the depth map list.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #336 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Small code correction uploaded. Also will port 1.8.6 tomorrow over to 2.0 once I am happy I caught all the bugs.

There is no MSAA option in Attack on Titan that's the big issue. the Aliasing is insane. so I guess the game is not 3D compatible. maybe Tridef will make it work then ? with P3D at most ?

Any performance improvement or new settings on version 2.0 ? :cheer:

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #337 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Small code correction uploaded. Also will port 1.8.6 tomorrow over to 2.0 once I am happy I caught all the bugs.

There is no MSAA option in Attack on Titan that's the big issue. the Aliasing is insane. so I guess the game is not 3D compatible. maybe Tridef will make it work then ? with P3D at most ?

Any performance improvement or new settings on version 2.0 ? :cheer:

Try TriDef if you can't get the Depth map in that game. Maybe that would work. Don't know about performance. I have not tested it with the old one.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #338 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So I got Depth Map code Infinite reversed-Z. working with my shader. It's time taking doing this for each game. But. I don't see any better way.
                //Custom Six
		if (CustomDM == 6)
		{
		float cF = Far;//1
		float cN = Near;//1.850
		depthM = clamp(1 - (depthM * cF / (cF - cN) + cN) / depthM,0,255); //Infinite reversed-Z. Clamped, not so Infinate anymore.
		}

Depth Precision is a Pain in the ass. Holy hell. But, this will allow for game like Silent Hill: Homecoming to work now.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #339 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Here the repack to Reshade 2.0 of 1.8.6

www.mediafire.com/download/icbeiijn4dl4s..._3D_v1.8.6_Repack.7z

The game that was tested this time with Reshade 2.0 and 1.8.6 was Silent Hill: Homecoming. Made possible by the new Depth Map code.

Games Added to 1.8.6 compatibility are:
Dead Rising 3 DM 6
Soma DM 2
Penumbra: Black Plague DM 4
NecroVision: Lost Company DM 4
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux DM 3
Cryostasis DM 8
Silent Hill: Homecoming DM 22

As well as User Submitted Depth Map Settings

[Game List] [Alternet Depth Map] [Depth Flip On] [Blur Recommendations]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Homefront The Revolution DM 17
Mirror's Edge DM 4
Need for Speed DM 4

[zig11727] " forums.geforce.com/default/topic/959175/...ost/4963888/#4963888 "

So Nine games added. So Progress...

A note on Reshade 2.0 compatibility with some of the new features Ported back to the old one is becoming a mess. I need to do some cleaning up on this back port.

Also some games may not work with 2.0 and Vice Versa.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #340 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Here the repack to Reshade 2.0 of 1.8.6

www.mediafire.com/download/icbeiijn4dl4s..._3D_v1.8.6_Repack.7z

The game that was tested this time with Reshade 2.0 and 1.8.6 was Silent Hill: Homecoming. Made possible by the new Depth Map code.

Games Added to 1.8.6 compatibility are:
Dead Rising 3 DM 6
Soma DM 2
Penumbra: Black Plague DM 4
NecroVision: Lost Company DM 4
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux DM 3
Cryostasis DM 8
Silent Hill: Homecoming DM 22

As well as User Submitted Depth Map Settings

[Game List] [Alternet Depth Map] [Depth Flip On] [Blur Recommendations]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Homefront The Revolution DM 17
Mirror's Edge DM 4
Need for Speed DM 4

[zig11727] " forums.geforce.com/default/topic/959175/...ost/4963888/#4963888 "

So Nine games added. So Progress...

A note on Reshade 2.0 compatibility with some of the new features Ported back to the old one is becoming a mess. I need to do some cleaning up on this back port.

Also some games may not work with 2.0 and Vice Versa.

Awsooooome ! Thank You I wish I understand how to find the perfect Depth map view like you, I thought the best alternate depth map for NFS Rivals was 6 , I think that I 4 was good too but I will check to see why I was wrong. Now I can play the game with the perfect feeling that it look the best. Would the NFS and Rivals would have the same number ? :)
Did you mean NFS 2016 ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.