[WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by Marty McFly [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade was created by Marty McFly
Something I've been working on today, this aims to be a total replacement for Adobe Lightroom, all editable ingame.
No fancy thread yet, sorry :P
  • Every color adjustment Lightroom offers for complete control over the image in realtime:
  • Hue, Saturation, Exposure for Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Aqua, Blue, Magenta separately
  • Global modifiers for blacks, shadows, midtones, highlights, whites
  • Global gamma, exposure, contrast, temperature, tint control, saturation, vibrance
  • It overlays a LUT that receives any changes made so simple screenshot and crop gets you a LUT that does everything you adjusted with this shader.
  • The thing on the bottom left is a color picker for any pixel onscreen, coordinate is mouse position, along with the current luma gradient controlled by the comprehensive gamma curve operator.

Err, just imagine the reshade GUI open and a mouse cursor just below the square thingy.
[img
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SunBroDave, BeTa, kaicooper, SpinelessJelly, TreppenBananenHutstaender, Insomnia, Mobeeuz, MiscSarcasm, Kumbandit and 19 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic [WIP] "Lightroom" for ReShade
That's sweet. I would love just a white balance tool. Both for flavor and correction.

But just to have a color picker would be awesome. Especially messing with colors in the darker tones. Just getting any kind of measurement of a pixel would be a powerful tool.
  • robgrab
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic [WIP] "Lightroom" for ReShade
I currently use a combination of Tonemap, Levels, and Curves for color correction. Would this replace the need for those and therefore allow Reshade to run much faster/optimized?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by robgrab.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Lightroom" for ReShade
It currently has no feature to set black and white point but that's easy as pie. I believe that with this tool, you can recreate every effect of any tonemapper, curve or other thing that only modifies colors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo, mag.py
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Added Histogram. Up to 255 bins and very fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Apocalypso
  • mag.py
More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by mag.py Replied by mag.py on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Excited for this. Will it have saturation controls for different luminosities, e.g. shadow desaturation? Any ETA for the first release?
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

mag.py wrote: Excited for this. Will it have saturation controls for different luminosities, e.g. shadow desaturation? Any ETA for the first release?

Thas is not yet implemented but as I have gamma controls for blacks, shadows, midtones, lights and whites, I can add saturation and tint as well.
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 6 months ago #8 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
I would love some RGB values, maybe fits in on "color HSL" box

If you can design your own curve this will become my favorite shader. I use combination of lift gamma, tone map and curves to play around to get things done
  • Myashi
More
7 years 6 months ago #9 by Myashi Replied by Myashi on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Hi Marty :D
As you may have read around, i'm starting to use the new reshade and at the same time facing the missing of my fav shaders.
Looking to them, i found this new super project of your. Never used lightroom but i can imagine how powerful this new shader could become :D

Anyway on the forum i read that when someone ask for lut,hsv and such... you point them here.
So we could expect this lightroom shader as fully featured and more complete alternative to the old tuningpalette?
I loved the old way to make lut with the framework 1.1, using an offline preview. How will work your shader? If it will generate a lut file ( to be edited later in photoshop ), it would give us much control. In particular a multi lut system would be overkill :D
  • Gar Stazi
More
7 years 6 months ago #10 by Gar Stazi Replied by Gar Stazi on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Myashi, you use a lot of smiles B)

But I agree, this is really promising!
  • Myashi
More
7 years 6 months ago #11 by Myashi Replied by Myashi on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Gar Stazi wrote: Myashi, you use a lot of smiles B)

But I agree, this is really promising!

Ops, you've caught me! XD
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #12 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
It draws a LUT onscreen that will receive all changes made by this (and other) shaders. Simple screenshot and crop gives you the LUT, much like the offline preview of Mediator.
But that's only a small feature, main features are a shit ton of color controls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myashi
  • Myashi
More
7 years 6 months ago #13 by Myashi Replied by Myashi on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty McFly wrote: It draws a LUT onscreen that will receive all changes made by this (and other) shaders. Simple screenshot and crop gives you the LUT, much like the offline preview of Mediator.
But that's only a small feature, main features are a shit ton of color controls.

Well, it sounds interesting.
Do you have any eta for this project?
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #14 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
@Myashi: It's pretty much done as you can see, I'm currently looking for bugs and possible performance improvements. What isn't done yet is the part that actually loads the LUT again and applies its changes, but that one is easy given the code from the old Tuning Palette shader.

Should be processed in a couple of minutes :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, TreppenBananenHutstaender, Mobeeuz, BlueSkyKnight, plasticmind, Sunesha, master2g, mag.py, Gar Stazi, Myashi
  • crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #15 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Damn, this is amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #16 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Added a LUT scroll feature if the horizontal width of the LUT exceeds your screen size (e.g. 4096x64 LUT's). This basically shifts your LUT to the left by one screen width so you get some panorama tiles you can assemble for your final LUT:

Left picture with LUT scroll to 0, right one set to 1. The same procedure gives you a LUT of any size, just more tiles to combine in photoshop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreppenBananenHutstaender
  • Myashi
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #17 by Myashi Replied by Myashi on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
@ Marty:

Yeah, I've read what've you've posted in the shader thread.
I repeat, lightroom it is fuc**** cool :D
I've asked you there for clarifications on the LUT process. I'm not sure if i've understood or not lol
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Myashi.
  • amoebae
More
7 years 6 months ago #18 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Myashi wrote:
Anyway on the forum i read that when someone ask for lut,hsv and such... you point them here.

Pardon my ignorance, but I take it this shader will effectively do all that the HSV shader can currently do, then? Because that's a big one I'm missing from 3.0 at the moment. So, it's HSV plus a hell of a lot more - making it the god of shaders in a way?!
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 6 months ago #19 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Oh man, awesome. To be able treating a game rendering as photograph. Love the color picker. I can't wait play around with this
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #20 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

amoebae wrote:

Myashi wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but I take it this shader will effectively do all that the HSV shader can currently do, then? Because that's a big one I'm missing from 3.0 at the moment. So, it's HSV plus a hell of a lot more - making it the god of shaders in a way?!

HSV can only adjust the saturation of different hues in 3 ways each. I figured as no one really understood how these 3 ways differ, one saturation control per hue is enough. On top of that, you can now adjust the brightness and hue of those hues as well, like shifting reds more into orange, making blues brighter and so on.
You also have extensive global controls for gamma, exposure, saturation, vibrance and a tool for luma gradient. And a color picker, histogram,, LUT generator as well..
Watch the video I posted, it's shown there. What is not shown in the video because I haven't coded that at the time is a cool and intuitive new approach on vignette.

It's basically HSV, Levels, lift gamma gain, curves (with more control) and a whole lot more as well all in one and nicely working together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae, Echo
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.