RetroArch shaders for ReShade (4.0+)

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by matsilagi RetroArch shaders for ReShade (4.0+) was created by matsilagi
I've remade my entire repo of RetroArch ports for ReShade.

Seeing this thread still gets traffic, i've decided to update it.

The new link is here: github.com/Matsilagi/RSRetroArch/

There you will find all my RA stuff + Shadertoy ports of stuff related to RetroArch and retro gaming!

Enjoy!
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by matsilagi. Reason: Changed the entire repo
The following user(s) said Thank You: jigurdan, spartaque12, luluco250, Bloody Eugene, Uncle Crassius, Flamex, Puxirepublic, Swainy, SamHammich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flamex
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by Flamex Replied by Flamex on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
Glad to see that someone plans to port those great retroarch crt shaders to reshade ! A big thanks to you !
A lot of people not only myself would be interested to use those shaders with retro style pixel art games.
In previous reshade 1 and 2 there was also a shader based on Lottes (pixelart crt) but it was buggy and never been fixed
The only good crt shader that really worked in reshade was an old version of cgwg ( advanced crt ) provided with sweetfx suite but they changed it thereafter and removed precise X and Y control. Since it's impossible to get precise pixel perfect output for and it's just messy.

I really hope that you'll find how to make it compile for dx9/opengl and finally bring us some quality CRT shaders for reshade.. cgwg, hylian, easymode ... to name a few

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
my.mixtape.moe/hbnbrq.fx

Now fixed! You can use it on all games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jelbo

• luluco250
More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
Nice man, you know depending on the license of the original shader you should consider making a pull request to the official reshade-shaders GitHub repo.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #5 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)

luluco250 wrote: Nice man, you know depending on the license of the original shader you should consider making a pull request to the official reshade-shaders GitHub repo.

Pretty sure this one can since its on Public Domain.
I just have to add the credits properly, then its good to pull.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #6 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
2 NEW SHADERS JOINS THE COLLECTION:
First one is a port of NTSC from MAME to ReShade, its a bit heavy, but works: pastebin.com/Z9ZSLENp
Second one is a port of the NTSC Shader from RetroArch, this one works exactly like it (and even has a resolution chooser!): pastebin.com/w8bcnEh4

Just rename them accordingly and enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jigurdan, embe

• embe
More
7 years 1 month ago #7 by embe Replied by embe on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
Hi,

The NTSC shader is great. Works really great with PCSX2. I don't really know if I understand it correctly. What resolution do I enter in the settings? Resolution of the screen or the native resolution of a game?

Is it a specific ntsc shader from retroarch or is it a modified version?

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #8 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
You can choose any res you want. (However, i'd reccomend the native res of the console).
It is the shader included with RetroArch in the ntsc folder (ntsc-svideo and ntsc)

• embe
More
7 years 1 month ago #9 by embe Replied by embe on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
I have used the ntsc shader you've mentioned in retroarch but I see no 'flickering' with the it (ntsc, not the s-video ntsc) that I have in reshade without the s-video enabled. When I change the resolution in reshade to the lower one it's more obvious while with high resolution it can become non-existant. Do you know how could I tweak it in RA?

By the way, I love it with two-phase enabled and s-video disabled. The picture is very smooth. :)

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #10 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
The "flickering" is meant to happen only in COmposite and it is more visible with minor resolutions because the effect gets bigger.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #11 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
TWO NEW SHADERS ARE NOW PORTED
CRT-Easymode: pastebin.com/fmfvVYhR
CRT-Aperture: pastebin.com/ijy2A4sJ

Comig soon: Perhaps CRT-Hyllian, i still have no idea on how to fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterDasTrevas

• Iddqd
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #12 by Iddqd Replied by Iddqd on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)
CRT-Hyllian not sure for all works correctly but, pastebin.com/Pug1KdVg
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Iddqd.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
GREETINGS!!
Do I need to get everyone and rename? Or is it an "all in one"?

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #14 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
You need to copy and paste from pastebin and save the name according to the shader.
They are not All in One.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #15 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CRT-Lottes (ReShade 3.0)

Iddqd wrote: CRT-Hyllian not sure for all works correctly but, pastebin.com/Pug1KdVg

Worked here! Thanks a lot.

Added a few Resolution control stuffs to make the Scanlines render better, here , the version which is getting to the OP:

Here it is: pastebin.com/Ud3JSW93

That leaves GTU and Geom left. I will see what i can do about them (Not counting CRT-Royale, too big and complex for me)

EDIT:Done! Now we have most of the CRT shaders from retro arch ported.
Cgwg: pastebin.com/2ZwNSXLt
Geom: pastebin.com/633tGqsc
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by matsilagi.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #16 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Thanks for answering.
I do not want to abuse your goodwill, but I asked for help on another topic and no one knew how to help: Is there any filter higher than HQ4x?
Sometimes I see screenshots of old 2D games very filtered, perfect, without aliasing. Is there any secret or technique for this?
Is there HQ8x, for example? Is there a way to simulate a HQ8x without distorting the image?

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #17 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)

WalterDasTrevas wrote: Thanks for answering.
I do not want to abuse your goodwill, but I asked for help on another topic and no one knew how to help: Is there any filter higher than HQ4x?
Sometimes I see screenshots of old 2D games very filtered, perfect, without aliasing. Is there any secret or technique for this?
Is there HQ8x, for example? Is there a way to simulate a HQ8x without distorting the image?

Gonna take a look at it later. Im not sure how it works but if its on RetroArch, i may try porting it.
Meanwhile, i've finished GTU, when Pastebin is back, i will update the OP.

• embe
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #18 by embe Replied by embe on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Hmm, I've got a strange thing going on. When GTU and NTSC_retroarch are both in the directory, the latter gives me a black screen. I'm using DX11.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #19 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Try changing some of the values (especially screen size)
Both works fine here, maybe I'm passing an int as float? Please play around with the values then lemme know if that fixed.

• embe
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #20 by embe Replied by embe on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Haven't tried DX11, because it seems that it works with opengl in PCSX2 which is now recommended over DX and with this setup I have no issues. I don't know... maybe some old settings interfered ealrier or something.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by embe.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.