RetroArch shaders for ReShade (4.0+)

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 1 week ago #21 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
I say that because i tested it in DX11 (Both GTU and NTSC) on TrackMania and it worked.

EDIT:To fix the black screen, open the FX with notepad (or notepad++) and replace all occurrences of target0 to target0_gtu.
Its only needed if you are using both it and NTSC together.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by matsilagi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flamex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• embe
More
7 years 1 week ago #22 by embe Replied by embe on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Weird. I decided to try using it on mednafen with psx games because e.g. FFVIII have graphical glithes that aren't present in original mednafen emulator and I get totally different outcome with identical settings I have in Retroarch. I wonder why. Is it normal?

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #23 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
May be releated to resolution.
Not sure if i can fix that, maybe...

• Sh1nRa358
More
6 years 11 months ago #24 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
needs more scalefx xD

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #25 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
I have no idea why you guys are obsessed with shaders that kills the entire point of pixel games, but ok.
I will try and take a look at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qdclonman

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #26 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)

matsilagi wrote: I have no idea why you guys are obsessed with shaders that kills the entire point of pixel games, but ok.
I will try and take a look at it.

And who said you need to understand? :P
Joke aside, old games were not designed to see the pixels, but to get played on TVs with scanlines in low resolution to hide the pixels. :)

Sh1nRa358 wrote: needs more scalefx xD

I totally agree !!
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

• Sh1nRa358
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #27 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Aww, I guess no luck :(
If the games were designed for pixels, they wouldn't have had blurring on every console to mask them :P

scalefx 9x
[img

[img

[img

[img

[img

[img

....And because it's beautiful xD
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #28 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
So, i started porting Artifact Colors, but i need help.
I currently need someone to figure out the rendertargets for me, the logic is done.
Current code: pastebin.com/1mgL2ccA
RetroArch Code: my.mixtape.moe/xyfawe.7z
Shadertoy Code: www.shadertoy.com/view/llyGzR

If someone fixes that, i will pin it to the OP, and i will change the format, so it will be a single FX with all the options as techniques (less stuff to compile.)

EDIT: I've ported 2 PAL shaders from RetroArch.
Almost everything works OK on the first, just Resolution detection is broken (for some reason, it has Floats outside on GLSL, and ReShade can't access those since they are const objects), the second one fully works

Not compiling (but logically correct) shader: pastebin.com/nC2aDDt3 (If you fix it, you fix the Resolution problem)
Download of the working shader: my.mixtape.moe/jrmfky.fx

Download of R57_PAL for NES: my.mixtape.moe/zrxmao.fx
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by matsilagi.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #29 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Ok, while i don't fix the PAL one, luluco helped me to port the Artifact Colors!

Now we have one more novelty NTSC shader!

Added link (along with a Resolution Changer, made by him aswell) on the main post.

• vinikun
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #30 by vinikun Replied by vinikun on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
First off, I want to thank you for putting the effort into this. This is amazing!

One request if you are willing to do it. A guy on the retroarch forums made what I argue is the best CRT shader pack out there. It's called "Analog Shader Pack 3".

Here's a link: forums.libretro.com/t/analog-shader-pack-version-3-is-here/5493

My personal favorite shader in that pack is the "Slotmask Sharp". It's under Televisions -> Curved -> Slotmask Sharp. Particularly, the S-Video variant. Makes the game look EXACTLY like a TV from the 90s. It's beautiful.

Here's an example:

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by vinikun.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 8 months ago #31 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
I would love to help, but I am totally ignorant in this kind of process, I can only thank you for your time and your generosity.

• Sh1nRa358
More
6 years 8 months ago #32 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Whelp, guess no scalefx. Exits with head down.

• brad86
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #33 by brad86 Replied by brad86 on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
Hi

I'm having a hard time getting scanlines to display evenly when using with Demul.
I have managed to get everything perfect for Mednafen PSX & Saturn ( except the odd game not in 320x240 ) , but Demul just doesn't want to look accurate.
I have tried everything I can think of within the Reshade settings and Demul plugins.

CRTHyllian is what I use elsewhere with Reshade, so I would prefer to get this looking correctly here also.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by brad86. Reason: more info

• qdclonman
More
6 years 7 months ago #34 by qdclonman Replied by qdclonman on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (More CRTs!)
Bilinear Interpolation please!!!!!

• maou42
More
6 years 7 months ago #35 by maou42 Replied by maou42 on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
Hi there

I am quite a noob with Reshade so please forgive me if I ask pretty obvious things...

I am using Reshade 3.0 with emulators mostly (Demul and Supermodel).

I am getting many warnings with the stock shaders with Demul when I load Reshade though they seem to work.

However, I am only interested in CRT/ Scanline effects and all the RetroArch shader from the Paste bin do not work (I get an error in the Syntax message) and they do not show in the shader list once reshade is loaded.
I only add the fx file to my reshade-shaders/shaders folder... Are there other steps that I am missing?

Also, reshade does not work with Supermodel (opengl). I think I read somewhere that previous versions worked with it. Any ideas?

Many thanks for reading.

Mat

• Flamex
More
6 years 7 months ago #36 by Flamex Replied by Flamex on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
I missed all the updates of this post since your first announcement.
Thats really cool you ported all thoses CRT shaders thanks !
I haven't tested them all. I have good results with most of them but some have issues.

• Apperture don't have accurate scanlines and the apperture effect doesn't work (too bad it's one of my favorite shader in retroarch)
• Calligari displays "garbage"
• GTU doesn't compile in dx9 but is ok in opengl (not tested in dx11)

cgwg, Easymode, Geom, Hyllian, Lottes are looking great for me and are perfectly precise when the game window has the right size.

If you could fix CRTApperture it would be great !
Thanks again :)

• Loosy
More
6 years 7 months ago #37 by Loosy Replied by Loosy on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
How do I use the NTSC filter without scan lines?

• Swainy
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #38 by Swainy Replied by Swainy on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
Hi there, I've just discovered Reshade and I would like to add the RetroArch shaders but I get an Syntax message (7, 1) error X3000 when I add CRTEasymode for example to my shaders folder. Could you be kind enough to explain where I am going wrong please?

This is for an OpenGL game.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Swainy.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #39 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
I've updated a few stuff. Can't guarantee what it will fix (since i did lots of changes and i don't remember most of them) but it must fix something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flamex

• Flamex
More
6 years 6 months ago #40 by Flamex Replied by Flamex on topic RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)
[img
[img
[img

I haven't tested every shaders but unfortunately CRT Aperture still produce a blurry inaccurate picture compared to others where every lines are well displayed.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.