RetroArch shaders for ReShade 3.0 (NTSC/PAL Added)

2 years 9 months ago #41 by Puxirepublic
Dear @matsilagi, requests for crtglow_gauss, since it's RetroArch built-in shaders still not ported yet. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #42 by matsilagi

Flamex wrote:

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

I haven't tested every shaders but unfortunately CRT Aperture still produce a blurry inaccurate picture compared to others where every lines are well displayed.

Updated it again on my GitHub, hopefully that fixes it. (I didn't see any other errors on it)

2 years 8 months ago #43 by Flamex
Unfortunately, that doesn't fix the problem.... :(
I have tested with different games, resolutions or ratios, most of other crt shaders works as well as RetroArch versions but not this one.
Thanks for trying anyway
I can post some pics for comparison if you are interested

2 years 8 months ago #44 by matsilagi
Yes, it would be nice.

I don't know what else to change, it should work as intended.

2 years 8 months ago #45 by qdclonman
@matsilagi Bilinear Interpolation please~~

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #46 by Flamex
Ok I've used Retroarch for this test so I can use both native or reshade shaders with the same source.
Please note that my resolution is 1920x1200 so I can use a scale ratio of 5x the native resolution.

As you can see the results are similar with both versions ( not exactly the same parameters ) but on Easymode I have to disable the Lanczos filter.
Does aperture has an internal Lanczos filter ?

unfiltered picture
File Attachment:

RA Hyllian
File Attachment:
RA+RS Hyllian
File Attachment:

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #47 by Flamex
RA Easymode
File Attachment:
RA+RS Easymode (Lanczos off)
File Attachment:
RA+RS Easymode (Lanczos on)
File Attachment:

2 years 8 months ago #48 by Flamex
RA Aperture
File Attachment:
RA+RS Aperture
File Attachment:

2 years 8 months ago #49 by matsilagi
Ah yes, Aperture has an internal Lanczos filter, yes.
Its probably something on all of them, due to the fact the lanczos uses the internal res, which ReShade doesn't.

Anyways, i guess disabling it is the only solution for the moment.

2 years 8 months ago #50 by Flamex

matsilagi wrote: Ah yes, Aperture has an internal Lanczos filter, yes.
Its probably something on all of them, due to the fact the lanczos uses the internal res, which ReShade doesn't.

Anyways, i guess disabling it is the only solution for the moment.

So, there's one hope !
If you can, it would be interesting to implement an on/off switch on the Lanzcos filter to several shaders to compare just like the easymode one.

2 years 3 months ago #51 by mr_blastman
Thank you for this!

Any chance of porting Solid12345's shaders for Retroarch?

2 years 2 months ago #52 by brad86
Any chance of porting over the Game Boy shaders. They look fantastic, and there really is no replacement for them.

2 years 1 month ago #53 by Fu-Bama
ArtifactColors.fx
#if ARTIFACT_COLORS_MUL_FIX
	//on directx the matrices must be multiplied in reverse
	#if (__RENDERER__ >= 0x10000)
		#define MUL(A, B) mul(A, B)
	#else
		#define MUL(A, B) mul(B, A)
	#endif
#else
	#define MUL(A, B) mul(A, B)
#endif
I think this issue was fixed some time ago reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/4029-ma...-vector-multiply-bug
What version of ReShade did you use when porting?

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #54 by ScreamerofStars
necroing this thread, but NTSC filters hates DX9 and DX11

also, any plans to port some more royale stuff like Xm29and the professional CRT screens?

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #55 by gamehancer
hi matsilagi I need your help if possible I would like to know if we can convert a first adobe shader into fx if I explain to you some years ago I asked on the forum how we can do to have the same effect vhs that this video without the date / time only the effect looks for you even in the video below

3 months 3 weeks ago #56 by Dooberknob
I'm not able to get most of these shaders to behave in reshade the way they do in retroarch. Retroarch seems to automatically detect the content resolution, and the display resolution, then make sure the scanlines are spaced equidistantly between the pixels (provided integer scale is enabled.)

For example, I'm playing Doom set to 480p on a 1440p monitor. With scanlines-abs.fx I'm able to achieve the above scenario by setting the Scanlines Height to 480. However I can't figure out how to do this with any of the other CTR shaders regardless of what I enter in the Screen/Frame Width/Height parameters.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #57 by SamHammich

Dooberknob wrote: I'm not able to get most of these shaders to behave in reshade the way they do in retroarch. Retroarch seems to automatically detect the content resolution, and the display resolution, then make sure the scanlines are spaced equidistantly between the pixels (provided integer scale is enabled.)

For example, I'm playing Doom set to 480p on a 1440p monitor. With scanlines-abs.fx I'm able to achieve the above scenario by setting the Scanlines Height to 480. However I can't figure out how to do this with any of the other CTR shaders regardless of what I enter in the Screen/Frame Width/Height parameters.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm not sure which filter or game settings you're running, but my results have always been fine by running the game at my desktop res and setting the filter's resolution for both screen and frame to match the target content resolution. I mostly use Geom, Lottes, and Easymode for this.

Unless the game is running at your desktop resolution with the native resolution running internally in the render stretched to fullscreen (eg Half-Life at 480p resolutions does this), you'll need to be actually running Doom at the higher resolution with the HUD scaled up to match its original size, then applying the filter over the high res image. Some source ports should have this in the settings. Otherwise reshade will try building the crt image out of the same number of pixels as a 480p image, which just isn't going to work.

The way you set the resolution, whatever your aspect ratio, is to multiply the target vertical resolution by the aspect ratio to get the correct horizontal resolution. So 480x16/9=853.333' which you might get away with rounding up or down. Loads of retro-styled modern games use 360p or 180p as this scales better to modern resolutions & aspect ratios. If the horizontal resolution doesn't seem to be lining up accurately & is warping the dimensions of some 2D assets despite some tweaking, just set the X axis to the full resolution of your screen or whatever you're running the game at, as this will be much less noticeable than the vertical resolution. Some games seem to shift UI elements around on higher resolutions unfortunately.

So that's more or less how I've gotten the results I like out of it.