Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1 by Ioxa Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0 was created by Ioxa
This is a collection of shaders I've been working on. Nothing groundbreaking here, it's all pretty simple stuff. All shaders can be found at the download link below. Simply add the .fx files of any of the shaders you would like to use to your ReShade shader folder and you're good to go.

Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0 *UPDATED 4/22/2017*

I've updated some of the shaders and posted them on GitHub, see this post for more info. *UPDATED 8/9/2017*

Diffuse Glow
Gives bright areas a softer/hazier look. Similar to bloom but doesn't spread the light into darker areas.

Surface Sharpen
A sharpening filter based on my Surface Blur shader. It sharpens the image without creating halos around objects.

Chromatic Aberration
A chromatic aberration shader with some options to smooth the effect. Also has options for offsetting the color channels individually to create different types of CA.

Unsharp Mask
A very simple sharpening filter that many people are probably familiar with.

Color Filter
Tints the image with the selected color or colors. The color can be applied to the entire image or specific areas using an adjustable threshold mask. There are also a number of blend modes available which will change the way the color is applied to the image. There are 6 filters active but it can be expanded up to 10 filters by adding "ActiveColorFilters=10" to the Preprocessor Definitions in the Settings tab. The number of active filters can also be reduced by using the same definition with lower value.

Gaussian Bloom
It's not the same as the version in ReShade 2.0 but it should look the same with some adjustments. I'm still working on this so let me know if you are having trouble replicating the look from old presets and I'll see if I can find a solution. There is also a preprocessor setting to adjust the texture scale, "GaussBloomTexScale=0.5". 0.5 is the default, it cuts the texture size in half. The only other settings that may work would be 0.25 or 1.0 but you can try other values to find a good balance between quality and performance.

Clarity2
A test version of my Clarity shader. I've changed the way the ClarityOffset setting works, this should now allow for a larger blur radius at a lower performance cost. The shader no longer creates any additional textures and I have added a couple additional settings. Let me know if this version has a lower performance cost for you compared to the original.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, SpinelessJelly, brussell, Insomnia, Martigen, amoebae, DeMondo, Kuniyo, andrew, XIIICaesar and 17 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GP-Unity
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Been using diffuse glow and surface sharpen. Impressed at the results so far, will definitely continue using them. I've actually used diffuse glow to give brighter areas a warmer, darker and more saturated look, adds nicely to the overall lighting in games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Fixed a bug that Martigen found with the combo ui_type. If you are using the diffuse glow and/or surface sharpen shaders you should update them.

GP-Unity wrote: Been using diffuse glow and surface sharpen. Impressed at the results so far, will definitely continue using them. I've actually used diffuse glow to give brighter areas a warmer, darker and more saturated look, adds nicely to the overall lighting in games.

What settings are you using? I'd like to try them out and see if I can make any changes to the shader to improve on that look.

• GP-Unity
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Settings:
[Diffuse Glow.fx]
BlurRadius=2.000000
DebugMode=0.000000
BlendMode=1.000000
ThresholdMaskType=3.000000
Threshold=0.600000
Strength=0.470000
ThresholdRange=0.800000
GlowPower=1.000000
GrainStrength=0.000000
GlowSaturation=0.680000

Without diffuse glow (some other effects enabled):

After diffuse glow:

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I originally thought that diffuse glow was useless... But I realize now that when correctly loaded (before bloom), it can be used as a tool to push certain areas into the blooms threshold without making everything too bright!!!!!! Great shader, thanks! :)

• DeMondo
More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Thank you Ioxa for your shaders, although I receive an error for all these 4 shaders:

Failed to compile 'D:\RS3\Shaders\DiffuseGlow.fx':
D:\RS3\Shaders\DiffuseGlow.fx(1, 1): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected '{'

How can I fix this?

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Warning: Spoiler!

Ok, I see whats going on. The warm screen blend mode sends dark pixels into negative territory, so when it gets blended with the original image it is actually removing weaker colors from it. Thats why the red line near the bottom of your screenshot get redder, the weaker colors have been removed. I'll try using some different blend modes and see what kind of results I can get.

NoMansReshade wrote: I originally thought that diffuse glow was useless... But I realize now that when correctly loaded (before bloom), it can be used as a tool to push certain areas into the blooms threshold without making everything too bright!!!!!! Great shader, thanks! :)

Glad you were able to find a use for it!

DeMondo wrote: Thank you Ioxa for your shaders, although I receive an error for all these 4 shaders:

Failed to compile 'D:\RS3\Shaders\DiffuseGlow.fx':
D:\RS3\Shaders\DiffuseGlow.fx(1, 1): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected '{'

How can I fix this?

Looks like there is an extra brace at the top of your file. Since you're getting the same error with all 4 shaders I'm guessing the fx file you used was not completely blank or you're picking up an extra brace somehow when copying the code.
Try deleting the brace ({) at the very top of the shader files. If that doesn't fix it try copying the code again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Insomnia
More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Thanks a lot Ioxa for releasing this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #9 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I tried to add another shader but it seems like the site is having issues with using spoilers and/or code. I can't even expand the spoilers on the original shaders I posted.
For now I uploaded the color filter shader to drop box and I'll upload the rest when I get a chance.

Download Color Filter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insomnia, Echo

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: it seems like the site is having issues with using spoilers and/or code.

Should work again now.

• Insomnia
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #11 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I tried to add another shader but it seems like the site is having issues with using spoilers and/or code. I can't even expand the spoilers on the original shaders I posted.
For now I uploaded the color filter shader to drop box and I'll upload the rest when I get a chance.

Download Color Filter

Thanks for doing this.
I half-ported it a week ago, but was unable to add the mode switches to the GUI due to incompetens. :P

Edit: Seeing how much you actually added to make it work makes me realise how much I really failed lol.
Btw, do you know a neat way of separating and break down all parameters into sections? With ENB GUI you can add empty text lines, like string lines that doesn't do anything, just for the sole purpose breaking down the parameters into sections to make it more transparent. :)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Insomnia. Reason: Added content

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #12 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Insomnia wrote:

Ioxa wrote: I tried to add another shader but it seems like the site is having issues with using spoilers and/or code. I can't even expand the spoilers on the original shaders I posted.

Download Color Filter

Thanks for doing this.
I half-ported it a week ago, but was unable to add the mode switches to the GUI due to incompetens. :P

Edit: Seeing how much you actually added to make it work makes me realise how much I really failed lol.
Btw, do you know a neat way of separating and break down all parameters into sections? With ENB GUI you can add empty text lines, like string lines that doesn't do anything, just for the sole purpose breaking down the parameters into sections to make it more transparent. :)

I made a lot of changes to it. You may not be able to get the same results with this version but I think it's a lot better to be able to target specific areas to apply the filter to. Let me know what you think of the changes, I'm open to any ideas to improve on it.

I don't know of any way to break up the settings but I have some ideas that might work, I'll see if I can come up with anything.

And I think I'm hitting a character limit on the original post. I'll try to move everything to GitHub instead of doing this copy paste stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Insomnia, Echo

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 3 months ago #13 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Ioxa, I am so glad to see that you are still working (:

• F D B
More
7 years 2 months ago #14 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Very cool stuff!

May I ask why haven't all the shaders been included in the automatic shaders-download when you install the lastest ReShade? It's such a pity!

Just like the HSL Shader someone converted recently. All should be automatically included, in my humble opinion.

Anyways... thank you for doing this, I will try them tonight! I'm specially excited about Color Filter.

• XIIICaesar
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #15 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Hey Ioxa. Your SurfaceSharpen is great. More fine tuning than Luma IMO. I also actually replaced Ambient Lighting in my presets and Bloom in some by using your Diffuse Glow (when combined with HDR). Also using your CA which is very tweakable. Will you be updating your Gaussian Bloom/Blur/Unsharpen mask to ReShade 3.x as well? I have a ton of presets that I use that I've been converting over to the new v3.x BUT a lot of them use your Gauss shader. Many thanks for your hard work. I know Gaussian Blur has but not Gaussian Bloom. Not sure on unsharp..... but Gauss Bloom is the main one I need.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by XIIICaesar.

• amoebae
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #16 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

NoMansReshade wrote: I originally thought that diffuse glow was useless... But I realize now that when correctly loaded (before bloom), it can be used as a tool to push certain areas into the blooms threshold without making everything too bright!!!!!! Great shader, thanks! :)

Thanks for the tip about this. I'm using it in a similar way now and it's lush. I'm using the normal screen mode, but I took Glow Power into negative numbers. I'm getting the benefits of the bloom shader I have active, but it tempers the results and increases saturation. Looks like it can be used in this way to reduce regular in-game bloom as well.

Thanks for these shaders, Ioxa. Excellent as always. So glad to see the Color Filter up and running proper for 3.0.

Not sure if I've missed this being asked/answered already, but are we able to include these when we distribute our presets, or would you prefer us to direct users to this thread to set them up themselves?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by amoebae.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #17 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Wicked Sick wrote: Ioxa, I am so glad to see that you are still working (:

Yup, still at it! Making the most of what little I know. Good to see you're still hanging around here too! Its been a couple years since we were trying to get the gaussian shader to work.

F D B wrote: Very cool stuff!

May I ask why haven't all the shaders been included in the automatic shaders-download when you install the lastest ReShade? It's such a pity!

Just like the HSL Shader someone converted recently. All should be automatically included, in my humble opinion.

Anyways... thank you for doing this, I will try them tonight! I'm specially excited about Color Filter.

I think the reason for limiting the amount of shaders is because of the time it takes to load them all. Although I'm sure most people here know to delete any unused shaders, there are still people that are new to ReShade that may be turned off by the recompile times when using a lot of shaders. On top of that, the shaders here are still very much works in progress, if I decide to change something it could cause problems with any presets that were using older versions.

XIIICaesar wrote: Hey Ioxa. Your SurfaceSharpen is great. More fine tuning than Luma IMO. I also actually replaced Ambient Lighting in my presets and Bloom in some by using your Diffuse Glow (when combined with HDR). Also using your CA which is very tweakable. Will you be updating your Gaussian Bloom/Blur/Unsharpen mask to ReShade 3.x as well? I have a ton of presets that I use that I've been converting over to the new v3.x BUT a lot of them use your Gauss shader. Many thanks for your hard work. I know Gaussian Blur has but not Gaussian Bloom. Not sure on unsharp..... but Gauss Bloom is the main one I need.

Good to hear the shaders are working well for you! I had given up on the gaussian bloom shader because I can't get it to look like Boulotaur2024's original shader, I think there may have been some additional code in the injector and I just don't know enough about coding this stuff to fill in the blanks. But it seems like a few people were happy with the version in ReShade 2.0 so I can port that over. There are some settings that won't carry over to 3.0 very well though so I'll have to rework some stuff, hopefully it won't look too different.

amoebae wrote: Not sure if I've missed this being asked/answered already, but are we able to include these when we distribute our presets, or would you prefer us to direct users to this thread to set them up themselves?

I would recommend including these shaders with any presets you use them with. Since these are all works in progress things may change from one version to the next which may cause problems with any existing presets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, amoebae, XIIICaesar

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 2 months ago #18 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Wicked Sick wrote:
Ioxa, I am so glad to see that you are still working (:
Yup, still at it! Making the most of what little I know. Good to see you're still hanging around here too! Its been a couple years since we were trying to get the gaussian shader to work.

Yes, time sure does fly ^^ This is going to be a fond memory for me (:

• XIIICaesar
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #19 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Hey Ioxa. Is there any way you could take a look at porting over the VHS shader by IDDQD by any chance? I posted this in the 3.0 port request thread as well so hope the double post in different thread isn't against any rules. Apologies if so...

**Also**
Even though I know it's no Gaussian Bloom I did manage to, as far as I can tell, get CeeJay's SweetFX Bloom working. GUI and all. I posted it in the ReShade 3.x shader port request thread.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by XIIICaesar.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #20 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I added a new version of Gaussian Bloom to the first post. I'm still working on it and I may have rushed it a little so let me know if you run into any issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XIIICaesar, Marty

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.