Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

• Martigen
More
7 years 1 month ago #21 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I added a new version of Gaussian Bloom to the first post. I'm still working on it and I may have rushed it a little so let me know if you run into any issues.

Woohoo!!!!
Thankyou :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• XIIICaesar
More
7 years 1 month ago #22 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I added a new version of Gaussian Bloom to the first post. I'm still working on it and I may have rushed it a little so let me know if you run into any issues.

Thank you very much Ioxa. I just tried it out and, far as I can tell; it looks identical when porting over my settings from ReShade v2.x. Only new setting I noticed was the saturation and I just set it @ 1.0 (in the middle)

• Asya
More
7 years 1 month ago #23 by Asya Replied by Asya on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Hello! I created an account, just to respond to this forum.

I've been having issues copying the code listed under the spoiler tags. Anything I've tried to copy, and save myself errors out inside Reshade, and won't work properly. I've searched for braces, ({) and resaved the file seven times. Every single shader on this website, not just yours, that requires me to copy the code, and save it myself, errors out and never loads properly.

Is there anyway to just get all your effects in a simple download? Why do we have to make these ourselves? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but at this point I would appreciate some help from somebody.

• kretos
More
7 years 1 month ago #24 by kretos Replied by kretos on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Copy works ok - just remember to copy all the text (note - those are scrollable windows). Only Adaptative Fog won't work (was reported by several people).

• Asya
More
7 years 1 month ago #25 by Asya Replied by Asya on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Copy for me, does not work okay. I know the windows are scrollable. I copy every single intricate detail of the code and save it to a .fx file.

Saved as a type of, 'All files' and Unicode. Every single .fx file I attempt to create causes an error in Reshade.

I'm either saving the file improperly, or something in windows 10 is preventing me from saving the file correctly.

Still need help.

• Martigen
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #26 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Asya wrote: Copy for me, does not work okay. I know the windows are scrollable. I copy every single intricate detail of the code and save it to a .fx file.

Saved as a type of, 'All files' and Unicode. Every single .fx file I attempt to create causes an error in Reshade.

I'm either saving the file improperly, or something in windows 10 is preventing me from saving the file correctly.

Still need help.

Just paste into Notepad. Save.
Don't change the encoding (which is ANSI by default).
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Martigen.

• kretos
More
7 years 1 month ago #27 by kretos Replied by kretos on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I'm using notepad++ but notepad should work also. Win10 here.

• F D B
More
7 years 1 month ago #28 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Ioxa your shaders are awesome.
Thank you very much for each of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• sets
More
7 years 1 month ago #29 by sets Replied by sets on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
i'm no professional but the surface sharpen is pretty bad, it actually blur the game not sharpen it...

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #30 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I've added all the shaders to a single download link, hopefully this eliminates the issues some people were having.

I have also updated the DiffuseGlow shader. It didn't seem like the blurring was really doing much so I turned it into a single pass shader with an option to disable the blurring entirely by setting the blur radius to 0. I've also changed the threshold mask to use the blurred image instead of the original image, so if you do use blurring it will be more noticeable. And as a result of changing it to a single pass shader it no longer needs to create an additional texture. This should be an all around performance increase.

I made a small change to the SurfaceSharpen shader to improve the quality of the blurring.

I changed the UnsharpMask shader so it no longer creates an additional texture.

I added a shader called Clarity2. This is a test version of my Clarity shader. I'm hoping this reduces the performance cost for people without reducing the quality. If you use the Clarity shader please try this version and let me know how it works.

sets wrote: i'm no professional but the surface sharpen is pretty bad, it actually blur the game not sharpen it...

You may want to check the Slope setting and make sure it is set to at least 1.00. Also check the debug mode and make sure it is set to none. It's also possible you enabled SurfaceBlur instead of SurfaceSharpen. If none of these were the issue then post some screenshots along with your settings so I can try to find a solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo, WalterDasTrevas, Marty

• gamehancer
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #31 by gamehancer Replied by gamehancer on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I can ask for help ?

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #32 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

gamehancer wrote: I can ask for help ?

Yeah, what do you need help with?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• F D B
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #33 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Awesome!!!
Thank you.

• Echo
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #34 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I added a shader called Clarity2. This is a test version of my Clarity shader. I'm hoping this reduces the performance cost for people without reducing the quality. If you use the Clarity shader please try this version and let me know how it works.

Finally! Thank you for adding "MaskContrast" option, makes a huge difference.
But there is actually more performance cost in FPS: ~5-7 FPS hit, while using Clartity2: ("MaskContrast" doesn't effect FPS) with the same settings as Clarity1

Tried it in all of my installed games (Division, Deus Ex MD, MEA), ~5-7 FPS hit compared to Clarity1

Hope that you can figure out what the issue is and please keep "MaskContrast"! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa, BlueSkyKnight

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #35 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Echo wrote:

Ioxa wrote: I added a shader called Clarity2. This is a test version of my Clarity shader. I'm hoping this reduces the performance cost for people without reducing the quality. If you use the Clarity shader please try this version and let me know how it works.

Finally! Thank you for adding "MaskContrast" option, makes a huge difference.
But there is actually more performance cost in FPS: ~5-7 FPS hit, while using Clartity2: ("MaskContrast" doesn't effect FPS) with the same settings as Clarity1

Tried it in all of my installed games (Division, Deus Ex MD, MEA), ~5-7 FPS hit compared to Clarity1

Hope that you can figure out what the issue is and please keep "MaskContrast"! :cheer:

Thanks for the feedback!

You could try lowering the blur radius setting and increasing the offset, this will cut down on the number of texture fetches. You could also try adding the line "ClarityPerformanceMode=1" to the preprocessor definitions. It will cause the shader to use 2 additional textures but they are half the resolution. In both cases you may want to set the debug mode to blur so you can see the difference in quality.

And I don't think there will be any issues keeping the mask contrast setting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo, BlueSkyKnight

• Echo
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #36 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Awesome tips!
I lowered the blur radius & increased the offset, as you suggested, just close enough to replicate the same details I had with Clarity1 (which had the exact opposite settings). I gained ~2-4fps in all the games I've tested with. Also tried "ClarityPerformanceMode=1" with a small, noticeable change in detail, but gained a few frames: ~2fps extra, a total of ~3-5fps boost

So far its great, especially with Mask Contrast.
Hope that the performance will be more improved in the future releases. Thank you for this awesome shader!
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Echo.

• sets
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #37 by sets Replied by sets on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
may i ask
surface sharpen / adaptive sharpen / luma sharpen / unsharp mask

which one is the least performance impact ?

great shaders btw, unsharp mask and surface sharpen works great

Gives bright areas a softer/hazier look. Similar to bloom but doesn't spread the light into darker areas.

if possible can you make an addition option that makes the dark areas brighter ?

pls take a look at this, the dark areas is still too dark, i want them to be brighter without affect the brightness of the brighter areas, i don't think there is a shader can do that ?

diffuse glow off / bloom off

s29.postimg.org/tab4xdm9j/Screenshot_112.png

diffuse glow on / bloom on, dark area still too dark

s29.postimg.org/gk6wkaebb/Screenshot_113.png
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by sets.

• Insomnia
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #38 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
@Ioxa
Hey thanks for adding gaussian bloom again. I really love that effect!

Would it be possible for you to add a depth function to the shader? See, I'd like to use a bloom effect on close objects, such as character armors, without having to bloom the sky or anything. :) Cheers!

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #39 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Echo wrote: Awesome tips!
I lowered the blur radius & increased the offset, as you suggested, just close enough to replicate the same details I had with Clarity1 (which had the exact opposite settings). I gained ~2-4fps in all the games I've tested with. Also tried "ClarityPerformanceMode=1" with a small, noticeable change in detail, but gained a few frames: ~2fps extra, a total of ~3-5fps boost

So far its great, especially with Mask Contrast.
Hope that the performance will be more improved in the future releases. Thank you for this awesome shader!

Good to hear! I'll keep looking for ways to chip away at the performance cost.

sets wrote: may i ask
surface sharpen / adaptive sharpen / luma sharpen / unsharp mask

which one is the least performance impact ?

great shaders btw, unsharp mask and surface sharpen works great

Gives bright areas a softer/hazier look. Similar to bloom but doesn't spread the light into darker areas.

if possible can you make an addition option that makes the dark areas brighter ?

pls take a look at this, the dark areas is still too dark, i want them to be brighter without affect the brightness of the brighter areas, i don't think there is a shader can do that ?

diffuse glow off / bloom off

s29.postimg.org/tab4xdm9j/Screenshot_112.png

diffuse glow on / bloom on, dark area still too dark

s29.postimg.org/gk6wkaebb/Screenshot_113.png

I'm just guessing, but luma sharpen probably has the lowest performance cost and unsharp mask probably has the highest. Adaptive sharpen and surface sharpen are probably pretty close to each other since they have the additional cost of edge detection. I don't think any of them are all that demanding though so just go with what looks best to you.

For your second question, you could try using the clarity shader with a negative strength. Adjust the mask so the effect is only applied to the darker areas and then try some of the different blend modes, I think some of them will affect darker areas more than others.

Insomnia wrote: @Ioxa
Hey thanks for adding gaussian bloom again. I really love that effect!

Would it be possible for you to add a depth function to the shader? See, I'd like to use a bloom effect on close objects, such as character armors, without having to bloom the sky or anything. :) Cheers!

I've never really messed with the depth buffer but I don't think it would be all that difficult to do what you're asking. I'll try playing with it and see if I can come up with anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Echo
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #40 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
After more testing I encountered the following problem with Clarity2:

Clarity1:

Both have the exact same settings/technique positions:
Warning: Spoiler!

Turning ClarityPerformanceMode=0/1 and MaskContrast 0/1 doesn't make a difference.
This happens the moment that I enter (really) dark areas. Thanks for your time looking into this and maybe you could add MaskContrast to Clarify1?

Edit:
Using it with Reshade 3.0.7, same issue with the older versions aswell.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Echo.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.