Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

• thair7391
More
6 years 2 months ago #81 by thair7391 Replied by thair7391 on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I just wanted to say, despite how late it may be, great work on these shaders, particularly Clarity2 and SurfaceSharpen which I'm using.

I struggled for the longest time to find a sharpening shader with quality comparable to FineSharp that comes without the performance cost and this is by far the closest I've come. It's very nearly just as equalized as FineSharp is with a negligble performance hit. FineSharp never fails to hit my system for AT LEAST 10 FPS in any title.

Do you have any advice on how I can squeeze just a tiny but more sharpening strength out of it without creating the extra brightness and beginnings of a halo that start to appear around distant edges? My current settings have the radius on a default of 1.0, SharpEdge detection maed at 10.0, detail channel curve at 1.00 and detail slope at 1.2. Any more increase of either the slope or curve, even if inverse to the other setting generate the usual unpleasant sharpening artifacts.

Honestly, at default settings, SurfaceSharpen is perfect for almost all titles. The one title I'm really struggling to get a balance in is Assassin's Creed Origins. When you turn on the AA in that game, the amount of blur it introduces is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's definitely not your usual FXAA smoothing, judging just by the blurring intensity and distribution, and there's also clearly a temporal component to it because the blur increases around edges even more when motion is occuring that would cause temporal artifacts. It doesn't a superior job at elminating all types of aliasing but at great cost of image quality. The other strange thing is, when you turn AA OFF, it drops your performance by about 15% which is very counterintuitive. I'm not exactly sure why this is - they don't detail what type of AA they're using; they only show "Low, Medium, High" for the AA options, and despite having incrementally higher performance costs compared to the preceding setting, they all look identical. It's possible that they're turning on some sort of temporal reprojection when you enable the AA which is why the performance hit and VRAM usage goes down when it is ENABLED. It would also explain the strange grid like artifacts that appear on transparent objects when close to the camera.

Anyways, I didin't mean to go into so much about one titile; just to say thanks, and ask if you have any advice on how to get just another 10-15% more sharpness using SurfaceSharpen without causing any of the blurry halo effects, more in line with what FineSharp does with its "equalization" setting. Should I combine another simpler form of sharpening in small amount on top of SurfaceSharpen that produces a different kind of artifact? If so, any recommendations of which ones to use? I'm already familiar with LumaSharpen (can't stand the rainbow/halo effect it causes), AdaptiveSharpen (again too much halo and has higher performance hit), and HighPassSharpen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aztec2012
More
5 years 3 months ago #82 by Aztec2012 Replied by Aztec2012 on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Works om ReShade 4?

• jas01
More
4 years 10 months ago #83 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Aztec2012 wrote: Works om ReShade 4?

Yes. :)

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #84 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Actually all of these need to be a part of the standard Reshade shader repository. Especially Clarity and Clarity2.

• jas01
More
4 years 10 months ago #85 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Martigen wrote: Actually all of these need to be a part of the standard Reshade shader repository. Especially Clarity and Clarity2.

I agree. Would love for it to happen. Diffuse Glow, Surface Sharpen and Gaussian Bloom (very performance friendly) are a must have for me right now.

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 10 months ago #86 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Plus one for that.

• Throson34
More
4 years 10 months ago #87 by Throson34 Replied by Throson34 on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Add in ColorFilter into that list also!

• sets
More
4 years 9 months ago #88 by sets Replied by sets on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
can you create a gaussian bloom with multiple color grading pls ?
like requested here
reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...om-at-the-same-time/
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.