Magic Bloom

• Martigen
More
6 years 3 months ago #41 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Magic Bloom
So I just started playing with this shader and it's amazing! Looks incredible in Elex, for eg.

Two things:
  • The performance hit is gigantic -- in Elex at 3440x1440 I drop from 100fps to 60 by enabling Magic Bloom. Even Marty's MXAO only hits for about 9 fps.

• When first enabling it, the screen blinks like the whole display chain is resetting or something. Magic Bloom is the only one of the 72 shaders I have installed that does this. Could this be related to the performance problem? And -- reading elsewhere about Magic Bloom disabling itself if it's not in the right load-order spot -- perhaps this is also a function of how it appears to be initialising itself (given the whole display flickers on and off)? Wondering there may be code fixes requied, for someone knowledgeable enough to do so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• piltrafus
More
6 years 3 months ago #42 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Magic Bloom
the flicker happens because of the adaptation. The shader starts very bright and then it adapts the brightness intensity gradually over a few frames.

• sets
More
6 years 1 month ago #43 by sets Replied by sets on topic Magic Bloom
sorry because necro this thread but is it possible to add color mix slider so we can adjust bloom colors like the normal bloom ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.