VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over

• XIIICaesar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by XIIICaesar VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over was created by XIIICaesar
I finally got the VHS shader ported over to ReShade 3.x To change the noise texture you can use preprocessor definition or edit the shader. LINK HERE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryukou36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gamehancer
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #2 by gamehancer Replied by gamehancer on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
hey bro You also love the effect vhs me I would really like the improved or have another effect like on this video a few days ago I leave a topic ask for help on my di that it is necessary to convert the channel In yuv / yiq I fall in love with this effect vhs watch the video lol

Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by gamehancer.

• XIIICaesar
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over

gamehancer wrote: hey bro You also love the effect vhs me I would really like the improved or have another effect like on this video a few days ago I leave a topic ask for help on my di that it is necessary to convert the channel In yuv / yiq I fall in love with this effect vhs watch the video lol

LINK Sorry for the late reply dude. Theres the libnk. To change the VHS noise texture use preprocessor definitions like with the LUT shader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puxirepublic

• Mynameislol
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by Mynameislol Replied by Mynameislol on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
This is awesome! Though, you can't configure anything in game, so the NTSC filter just shows one huge line over the screen

• Nit Pick
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Nit Pick Replied by Nit Pick on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
Is there a more updated version of this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: reter

• reter
More
4 years 11 months ago #6 by reter Replied by reter on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
I need it too, please make it working on reshade 4

• Daodan
More
4 years 11 months ago #7 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
In order for the shader to compile without errors you just have to fix line 271:

origcolor2 += dot(col,0.233);
to:
origcolor2 += dot(col,0.233.rrr);

• crosire
More
4 years 11 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
The new ReShade compiler purposefully does not expose a "dot" overload for scalar values (a dot product on scalars is the same as a multiplication between those values, so doesn't make much sense to have a dot overload for it). HLSL does have it, but resolves it to a multiplication. So to get the same behavior as with old versions of ReShade you'd have to change it to:
origcolor2 += col * 0.233;

It's unclear whether the author intended to have a muliplication here or a dot product with a (0.233, 0.233, 0.233) vector like Daodan posted. Either way, ReShade failing to compile this code is actually correct behavior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puxirepublic

• StyleMaster
More
4 years 4 months ago #9 by StyleMaster Replied by StyleMaster on topic VHS Shader for v3.0 ported over
Hello Is there anywhere i can still get the vhs shader for reshade 3.0

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.