I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #1 by luluco250 I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0 was created by luluco250
Did anyone ever get around to do this? I never saw it in the repo.
Well here's my own implementation of it:

Get it here: my.mixtape.moe/lohljv.zip

Simply place the techniques "UIMask_Top" and "UIMask_Bottom" on the top and bottom of your effects pipeline respectively.
Note: you can place the bottom technique just after the last HUD-damaging effect. Aka you can place it before color grading like LUT so it won't affect the look and feel of your effects pipeline much.

Uses a texture called "UIMask.png" from your textures folder, you can use previous masks from 2.0 with no issues as long as they're in the same resolution as your game's resolution (your monitor resolution).

Includes an optional preprocessor flag "UIMASK_TOGGLEKEY", if set to a keycode you'll be able to toggle the effect by pressing it's key.
For a list of compatible keycodes refer to: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows...375731(v=vs.85).aspx

Is there demand for it to be on the official repository? If so I'll pull request it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, but this does not include the "auto mask" feature from the original UIMask.
It never really worked for me so I didn't see much use in porting it.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by luluco250.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, andrew, WalterDasTrevas, NoMansReshade, Rudy102, mickdekkers, SurfNSlide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #2 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
Thanks a lot, man, I love you!! :woohoo:

• hunt1hunt
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #3 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
I LOVE YOU FOR YOUR GOOD SHADER,THANK YOU!

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #4 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
Here's a question for you guys, I'm implementing multi-channel masking so you can have separate HUD masks for separate occasions.
It takes Numpad 7-9 by default, each key toggles a color channel mask (the one in the red channel is enabled by default).

In no way does it affect old masks, they still work just as well, but the great thing about this is that we can have more advanced masks that can cover different HUDs like:
-Normal - Red Channel
-Inventory - Green Channel
-Dialog - Blue Channel

Here's an example mask I'm using in Morrowind that follows that exact setup:

So should this be enabled by default (which will take those numpad keys by default, which could be problematic for users unaware of that) or it be a simple preprocess flag that can be enabled by an user that wants to use such feature?
Again, this will not affect simple, black/white masks, they'll work regardless the same way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterDasTrevas, mickdekkers

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
Good job, man! One day I hope to be a shader god like you XD

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
Marvelous! Thanks a lot!! :lol:

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
hi,thank you very much ,how can you release multi-channel masking.fx?

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
hi,thank you a lot!! :lol:how can you release multi-channel masking.fx?

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #9 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
#ifndef UIMASK_MULTICHANNEL
#define UIMASK_MULTICHANNEL 1//0 set 1 enable UIMASK_MULTICHANNEL
#endif

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by hunt1hunt.

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #10 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
#ifndef UIMASK_MULTICHANNEL
#define UIMASK_MULTICHANNEL 1//0 set 1 enable UIMASK_MULTICHANNEL
#endif

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by hunt1hunt.

• Enhok
More
3 years 5 months ago #11 by Enhok Replied by Enhok on topic I ported/remade UIMask for 3.0
i can't make it to work, i use cinematic dof for zelda breath of the wild on pc, i put uimaktop before the cinematic dof and uimask bottom after, but it doesn't work, the minimap get blurred

can anyone explain me how it works?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.