MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by OtisInf MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture was created by OtisInf
github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/pull/62

This shader is an extension of the LUT.fx shader already in Reshade shaders. It can work with a texture atlas with multiple LUTs packed together and has an easy selector to select the right LUT to use at runtime. It requires users who want to use their own LUTs to create their own LUT texture, but that's straight forward: for ever LUT, a 1024x32pixel normal LUT texture has to be present in the actual texture, the top one being the Neutral one (0), the one below (1) the first one in the selector in the UI and so on.

I've created the LUTs myself in photoshop by varying color balance for each one. I included 3 monochrome LUTs (1 sepia and 2 B&W: one medium contrast and one high-contrast)

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Tom Yum 72, Horus, WalterDasTrevas, Ryukou36, GP-Unity, Rudy102, SteXmaN, PureEvilWindom, gasp and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
Great work! I think you shouldn't pack what the lut does into the title. I mean, if users change the texture, the title "sepia" for instance doesn't match.

• hunt1hunt
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
why use Neutral but red?

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #4 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture

Marty McFly wrote: Great work! I think you shouldn't pack what the lut does into the title. I mean, if users change the texture, the title "sepia" for instance doesn't match.

yeah, true. Will think about removing that, is perhaps better.

@Hunt1hunt: I don't really follow what you mean exactly... 'neutral' is the default LUT which doesn't do any conversion :)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by OtisInf.

• VenomSnake23
More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by VenomSnake23 Replied by VenomSnake23 on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
I'm using this shader for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 and it looks pretty good imgur.com/sZsCEgh

I tried using it in Sonic Generations too but it looked like this with the same settings imgur.com/1uteTEe
Do you know what could be causing this? Storm 4 is a d3d10+ game and Sonic is d3d9, if that makes any difference.

These are the settings i'm using:
[MultiLUT.fx]
fLUT_LutSelector=6.000000
fLUT_AmountChroma=1.000000
fLUT_AmountLuma=0.050000

• MonarchX
More
6 years 2 months ago #6 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
I had an issue with LUT.fx - the single LUT and multi LUT. I can only get it working if I edit LUT.fx with correct LUT path. If I do within ReShade, it simply loads nothing or black screen, even if I edit the sizes in LUT.fx (64x64) and leave the rest default. It's from DisplayCAL and I use LUT.fx as a method to calibrate my display.

Also, I am curious whether 32bit PNG would be better than 24bit. DisplayCAL generates a 24bit PNG, but I noticed that conversion to 32bit with the latest Paint.NET makes PNG size smaller. I assume there is a reason for that and 24bit is what I should stick with?

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #7 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
Added 4 LUTs to the multiLUT shader, based on adobe lightroom presets. github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/pull/120
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Faendra
More
5 years 5 months ago #8 by Faendra Replied by Faendra on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
How can I get this new LUTS ? I love this shader, using it in every game I play ^^

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #9 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture

Faendra wrote: How can I get this new LUTS ? I love this shader, using it in every game I play ^^

Get the texture: raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad.../MultiLut_atlas1.png
get the shader: raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad.../Shaders/MultiLUT.fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faendra

• Animani
More
5 years 3 months ago #10 by Animani Replied by Animani on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
Hey, Mate, Thanks for making this possible. I am trying to create a new bigger 64x64px and 64 tiles by 24 Luts but changing the code to:

#ifndef fLUT_TextureName
#define fLUT_TextureName "MultiLut_Atlas2.png"
#endif
#ifndef fLUT_TileSizeXY
#define fLUT_TileSizeXY 64
#endif
#ifndef fLUT_TileAmount
#define fLUT_TileAmount 64
#endif
#ifndef fLUT_LutAmount
#define fLUT_LutAmount 24
#endif

Loads fine without any errors but it has some weird colors like a kaleidoscope or something like that with lots of bandings. Is there anything else I should change?

• Deathmedic
More
5 years 3 months ago #11 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
You need to make sure you also change the amount in the list item called 'fLUT_LutSelector'

should just be below the items you posted.

• Animani
More
5 years 3 months ago #12 by Animani Replied by Animani on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
Thanks. I actually forgot to add the Neutral at the beginning that's why it wasn't splitting the rows correctly.

• Faustus86
More
4 years 10 months ago #13 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
*push*

Hey!
Awesome work,, thank you so much. LUT's are my Favorite =)
Id like to share my MultiLUT with you.
It now contains 82 different LUT's.
I made some by myself but the Majority is from Free-LUT Packs.
www.rocketstock.com/free-after-effects-t...olor-grading-videos/
filtergrade.com/free-cinematic-luts-video-editing/

Download (MEGA)
mega.nz/#!eGhB0CbT!wcLyX_os8nrKcGRxxy5m-HjQD83IVIEEvNQlCCHsdBA

Have Fun =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Viper_Joe, Zarathustra, Arkane

• Tom Yum 72
More
4 years 10 months ago #14 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
Thank you , Otisinf for the multilut. Enjoying it to the fullest.

@Faustus86: Just what i was looking for,thank you for your texture.

• amoebae
More
4 years 10 months ago #15 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
I use and abuse this shader so much, thank you for making it.

I have a question: when making presets that include my own multilut atlas, is it okay for me to distribute my modified multilut shader file with it? Because obviously the shader file has to be adapted for any new atlas and it's rather unwieldy to have to provide instructions to everyone on how to edit it themselves (especially considering my atlases are enormous monsters with lots of lines). Thanks :)

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #16 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture
Sure, it's open source, MIT licensed, so you can distribute it without a problem. The file's header has the info about the authors so it's OK.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.