CoolRetroTerminal Shader

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by matsilagi CoolRetroTerminal Shader was created by matsilagi
Hey!

After hours and hours of reading and reporting the effect, i've finally made it work.

You can grab it here: feen.us/rq7qc0.zip

Current list of bugs:
-Final result may not be the same (However, it is really close)
-ChromaColor and RGBShift makes the image darker
-Lacks BurnIn and Bloom (can be done with a generic MotionBlur and Bloom shader)

Screenshots can be found here: imgur.com/a/tah5G

That's it! Enjoy! if you fix any of those bugs, lemme know.

UPDATE 1: Fixed Scanlines, added alternate color mixing, tried to fix ChromaColor and RGBShift, but those are still broken to some extent.
UPDATE 2: Fixed Pixel Rasterization mode, added debug colormixing (which uses the original functions for each of the mixing steps), messed up a bit with the RGBshift part but ,still no avail.
UPDATE 3: Managed to fix it all, also works on DirectX now.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by matsilagi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GP-Unity, mbah.primbon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CoolRetroTerminal Shader
Little bump: Found that it is broken on DX (especially Static Noise and Jitter).
If anyone knows how to fix, please do asap.
That's the bug: imgur.com/a/goWYK

It happens on Noise, Jitter, Horizontal Sync, and RGB shift and only on DX9, i checked the code multiple times with no avail, perhaps its something internal?
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by matsilagi.

• DyZer
More
6 years 3 months ago #3 by DyZer Replied by DyZer on topic CoolRetroTerminal Shader
Link is dead :( any way to get it?

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #4 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic CoolRetroTerminal Shader
*blows the dust off the thread*

Whew, i completely forgot to update this.

Works in all games. Shall be fine for use now. No changes remaining i guess.
If you want Bloom or Phosphor Bleed, just grab a MotionBlur and Bloom shader from the main repository.

• StyleMaster
More
4 years 4 months ago #5 by StyleMaster Replied by StyleMaster on topic CoolRetroTerminal Shader
Hello Is it possible Matsilagi
To Remove the "Terminal Color " RGB filter option ?
with this Shader

Im looking to use your Filter with just the Noise / Jitter effects

• YoungZer0
More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by YoungZer0 Replied by YoungZer0 on topic CoolRetroTerminal Shader
I second that. I would love to have a way to turn off the Terminal Color.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.