ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Ganossa ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) was created by Ganossa
We are proud to have released the first version of the ReShade Framework

Pick it up HERE or in the download section of this website
Feel free to give feedback and share your impressions :silly:

The Tutorial for Developers will be updated in the next few days. If you have any question already, please do not hesitate to open a thread and ask :)

It took a while but now, please ENJOY!
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, SunBroDave, fuze, padolamap, SpinelessJelly, sajittarius, SAM609, vfxninjaeditor, BillyAlt, brussell and 11 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • TinchO
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by TinchO Replied by TinchO on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Great! Thanks for your hard work
  • Constantine PC
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Wow! Looks like I checked out this section just at the right time.

This is really cool. I'd also like to thank you for all the hard work.

Edit: I noticed some Effects are no longer included. Specifically Master Effect Reborn tonemapping methods (skyrim tonemap, normal Reinhard, HPD, Filmiccurve, watchdog tonemap) and some other Master Effect Reborn effects (like Colormood,colormod). Will these effects be re-implemented later on?
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Constantine PC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Sploosh.

I agree with constantine.

So far I noticed that changing the HDR_mode in the GemFX results in a ton of errors, and the key that disables effects is set to scr lk but isn't functional.

Thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by BrandonHortman.
  • sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Very cool.. .downloading now :)

its nice, i wont have to keep editing mastereffect and sweetfx files to get them to work together, lol...
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by sajittarius.
  • tybalitea
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #6 by tybalitea Replied by tybalitea on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Awesome work you did there !
  • sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #7 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
I got an error "redefining variable HDR_MODE". I was able to get shader to compile by commenting this file out of the Reshade.fx file: ReShade\McFX\FishEyeCA.h

Not sure if it's the way the shaders work, but once i was able to compile, if I change HDR_MODE to 1 in the bloom section of GEMFX_settings.cfg, it throws the same error redefining variable HDR_MODE and failed to compile.
  • sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #8 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
ugh, i just timed out writing this comment...

So it looks like GemFX/util.h has a typo. The undef wasnt being loaded, i fixed by changing the line to:

#define GFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/GemFX_settings.undef" (the file said .cfg instead)

Also, i added #undef HDR_MODE to a couple of the .undef files just to make it is being unloaded. Things are compiling perfectly now.

I dont see a way to set hotkeys anymore, if this coming in a new release or am i just not seeing it?

Thanks for all your hard work :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Ioxa
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

sajittarius wrote:
So it looks like GemFX/util.h has a typo. The undef wasnt being loaded, i fixed by changing the line to:

#define GFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/GemFX_settings.undef" (the file said .cfg instead)

Also, i added #undef HDR_MODE to a couple of the .undef files just to make it is being unloaded. Things are compiling perfectly now.

I dont see a way to set hotkeys anymore, if this coming in a new release or am i just not seeing it?

Thank you for the feedback everyone and especially this quick fix.

The #undef HDR_MODE line is missing from McFX_settings.undef file.

We will let you know once this fix is uploaded.

There was the attempt to allow the same key toggle for multiple techniques by crosire but I am not sure it is implemented in the current ReShade binaries. A comfortable way to set key toggles is on the ToDo list.

Which remaining ME color correction shader to add to the SweetFX suite has been discussed with CJ. He mentioned many similar ones are already in development, some are originally from SweetFX anyway and one or two will be ported. Maybe he can leave a quick comment here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman
  • crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

LuciferHawk wrote: There was the attempt to allow the same key toggle for multiple techniques by crosire but I am not sure it is implemented in the current ReShade binaries.

It is since 0.17.0 =).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa, BrandonHortman
  • jas01
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #11 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Thanks for your hard work. :) It's just awesome. :D

I really need some tonemapping methods from Master Effect ReBorn. (I'm using skyrim tonemap)
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by jas01.
  • sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #12 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
ok so im guessing i need to go into the relevant .h files and set the technique to bool enabled with the hotkey i want?

Is there a way to do this for say the entire Mastereffect or Sweetfx suite?
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

sajittarius wrote: ok so im guessing i need to go into the relevant .h files and set the technique to bool enabled with the hotkey i want?

Yes, it has to be added to each technique and then you can change the key in the global settings.
It was not implemented yet cause I was not sure whether Crosire already added the feature that one key can work for all techniques, but since we know it is possible now, we can also add it. We will implement it with the next update but you can of course also do it yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajittarius
  • fuze
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #14 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Hello, I have a couple of questions, and I hope you guys can help me :)

1. Is there a way to toggle the enabling/disabling the whole framework via 1 key?
2. Regarding HUD masking, I can't seem to find how to enable it, I see an .png image in the common/textures named RFX_sMask.png but how to activate it?
3. I tried using the same values for LensFlare, Anamorphic flare and LensDirt which I used with release 1.1.190 of MasterEffect. I think they are a part of GEMFX bloom.h right? So I deleted all the includes from ReShade.fx except GEMFX BLOOM and McFX DOF, and tweaked the GemFX_settings.cfg exactly like I did with MasterEffect (I only enabled LensFlare, Anamorphic flare and LensDirt). But somehow when I get ingame and compare the screenshots from MasterEffect and the new Framework, there is some kind of difference... As you can see on the MasterEffect screenshots the clouds are not so bright(which causes the LensDirt and Anamorphic flare to trigger) but on Framework ones the clouds are a little bit brighter which causes clouds to trigger these effects :(
Here are the screenshots so you could understand better what I am trying to explain here :)

MasterEffect | Framework (GEMFX)

• sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #15 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

LuciferHawk wrote:

sajittarius wrote: ok so im guessing i need to go into the relevant .h files and set the technique to bool enabled with the hotkey i want?

Yes, it has to be added to each technique and then you can change the key in the global settings.
It was not implemented yet cause I was not sure whether Crosire already added the feature that one key can work for all techniques, but since we know it is possible now, we can also add it. We will implement it with the next update but you can of course also do it yourself.

I think i may be doing something wrong. I went into the Ambientlight.h file in GemFX and changed this line:

technique AmbientLight_Tech < enabled = true; >

to
technique AmbientLight_Tech < bool enabled = 1; toggle = 0x2E; >

but it doesnt seem to toggle when i hit the DELETE key (0x2E)
  • sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #16 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
nevermind, i must have typed it wrong, i just tried again and its working :)
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #17 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

sajittarius wrote: nevermind, i must have typed it wrong, i just tried again and its working :)

What did you type wrong? because I have made several failed attempts.
  • Constantine PC
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #18 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Lucifer I just want to say your Advanced Motion Blur is some of the best motion blur I have ever seen. I would much rather have it over any Rotational Blur or Radial blur any day. It's really good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa, jas01
  • JBeckman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #19 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Got a couple of error messages pointing to cfx_settings.cfg and cfx_settings.undef

After looking around in a few files I found that it's related to the custom settings and the util.h file.

Had to change two lines there to this instead:

#define CFX_SETTINGS_DEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.cfg"
#define CFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.undef"

(Alternatively you could probably just rename the config and undef file.)

Still three error messages to go but I'll see if I can't fix those as well.
(Redefined variable HDR_Mode and something about motion blur, which I actually don't have enabled but it must be something with that file.)

EDIT: Changing HDR mode back from 2 to 0 in McFx_settings solved all of them, now to see if I can find what caused it to break.

EDIT: Changing HDR mode in both McFx .cfg and GemFx .cfg solved it. :)
(Was under the bloom settings for GemFx a bit further down in that config file.)
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by JBeckman.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #20 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

fuze wrote: Hello, I have a couple of questions, and I hope you guys can help me :)

1. Is there a way to toggle the enabling/disabling the whole framework via 1 key?
2. Regarding HUD masking, I can't seem to find how to enable it, I see an .png image in the common/textures named RFX_sMask.png but how to activate it?
3. I tried using the same values for LensFlare, Anamorphic flare and LensDirt which I used with release 1.1.190 of MasterEffect. I think they are a part of GEMFX bloom.h right? So I deleted all the includes from ReShade.fx except GEMFX BLOOM and McFX DOF, and tweaked the GemFX_settings.cfg exactly like I did with MasterEffect (I only enabled LensFlare, Anamorphic flare and LensDirt). But somehow when I get ingame and compare the screenshots from MasterEffect and the new Framework, there is some kind of difference... As you can see on the MasterEffect screenshots the clouds are not so bright(which causes the LensDirt and Anamorphic flare to trigger) but on Framework ones the clouds are a little bit brighter which causes clouds to trigger these effects :(
Here are the screenshots so you could understand better what I am trying to explain here :)

1. Yes, it will be in the next fix (you can define the key in the Common_settings.cfg)
2. Splitscreen (in the Common_settings.cfg) without comparison or slider will use the mask. You can use it for the HUD.
3. According to Marty, the algorithm did not change with the last update. However, the dirt texture differs greatly, so you might want to try replacing the GFX_dirt.png in ReShade/GemFX/Textures with the mcdirt.png from ME (if you like it better).

JBeckman wrote: Got a couple of error messages pointing to cfx_settings.cfg and cfx_settings.undef

After looking around in a few files I found that it's related to the custom settings and the util.h file.

Had to change two lines there to this instead:

#define CFX_SETTINGS_DEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.cfg"
#define CFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.undef"

(Alternatively you could probably just rename the config and undef file.)

Still three error messages to go but I'll see if I can't fix those as well.
(Redefined variable HDR_Mode and something about motion blur, which I actually don't have enabled but it must be something with that file.)

EDIT: Changing HDR mode back from 2 to 0 in McFx_settings solved all of them, now to see if I can find what caused it to break.

EDIT: Changing HDR mode in both McFx .cfg and GemFx .cfg solved it. :)
(Was under the bloom settings for GemFx a bit further down in that config file.)

Thanks for the feedback. I already implemented all fixes and am currently waiting for the upload. (either I will upload it myself and crosire can later change the link or he will come online in a moment) :) Either way, the issues should be fixed.
Also I added key toggles to all techniques so the key toggle defined in the Common_settings.cfg will now toggle all of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, BrandonHortman
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.